Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Game of the Year 2015 - VOTING HAS BEGUN [AUTISM ALERT]

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The fact that this poll is basically a free for all bothers me.. There are enough no life chuckle fucks on this forum that would just love to give PoE 10/5 30 times a day.

Pretty sure we have more desperate people spamming 1/5s, since most POE 'lovers' have moved on while many POE 'haters' are stuck repeating durr hurr POE in every other thread.

We'll probably see idiot-votes cancel themselves out across all the games.

I would say the opposite has happened. Most PoE threads have turned into a large circle jerk orgy now that most haters have moved on to shit on new threads. It's gotten down right cringe worthy.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Turns out, I only played three games from 2015.

Heroes VII........ :3/5:
Pillars of Eternity :3/5:
The Witcher 3... :4/5:

Halp, the world is turning too fast.

Aenra

1. D:OS
2. AoD
999. Wasteland 2

and plenty of mediocrity somewhere near the middle. The kind that merits neither a replay nor as such a mention.. also, TW3 is not an RPG. It is a console UI, faux akshunie, telltale story-serving machine with uber graphics and Nvidia hair backends because profit.

Delterius

Arcane
The fact that this poll is basically a free for all bothers me.. There are enough no life chuckle fucks on this forum that would just love to give PoE 10/5 30 times a day.

Pretty sure we have more desperate people spamming 1/5s, since most POE 'lovers' have moved on while many POE 'haters' are stuck repeating durr hurr POE in every other thread.

We'll probably see idiot-votes cancel themselves out across all the games.

I would say the opposite has happened. Most PoE threads have turned into a large circle jerk orgy now that most haters have moved on to shit on new threads. It's gotten down right cringe worthy.
Maybe we should vote to see which side is more desperate.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Did my duty and voted honestly. After all things are said and done I'm quite shocked that Crystal Souls was my favorite game of 2015.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Witcher 3 on the same level as AoD/Underrail !? /divide by zero

For me, at least, if not compared in an objective manner. It delivered on the things that I wanted to see as a conclusion to the entire Witcher saga, in which I am pretty invested.

Mortmal

Arcane
Did my duty and voted honestly. After all things are said and done I'm quite shocked that Crystal Souls was my favorite game of 2015.
Its the reskinning of avernum 2 wich is a reskining of exile 2 , a good ultima clone , so if you never played those before it makes sense.

Fairfax

Arcane
Yo Fairfax , would you kindly add this to the first post of the thread, just so the rules are clear:

The RPG Codex 2015 GOTY poll is open!

It will run until Friday 19, and the results of each category will be calculated via a Bayesian average*.

*To avoid DRAMA, the Bayesian average's "m" value will be the number of votes that the game at the middle of each list (sorted by vote number). For example, the Tacticool poll has 20 entries, "m" will be the number of votes the 10th most voted game got.
Post is too old, only the mods can change it now.

Goromorg

Savant
Serpent in the Staglands - flawed masterpiece :5/5:
Underrail - great game, but the ending is somewhat weak (I mean ending dialogues, DC overall were great) :4/5:
AoD - another great game, but I didn't like the character developement system, DIALOGUE options are very limited for a dialogue-heavy game :4/5:
PoE - sterile game without any attempts from developers to create something new. Beginning was intriguing but later everything went into decline flavoured with trash combat :2/5:
Wasteland 2 - almost the same as PoE, but in addition archaic as hell :2/5:
Now you can throw your shit at me, monkeys.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
mine was... let's see

DOS EE - :3/5:

Blaggardz 2 - :2/5:
Chaos Reborn - :4/5:
Invisiburu Inc - :5/5:

AoD - :5/5:
PoE - :2/5:
ShitS - :1/5:
SR: Ding Dong - :3/5:
Twitch3r - :3/5:
Underrehl - :2/5:

My list is clearly the best of all you popamole fags.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
So...what keep people from being able to vote twice...or spam it 500 times with a proxy server?
Nothing but felipepepe's official position is that if it was a Codex poll it wouldn't make much difference because of users with multiple accounts. Unofficially he's just lazy and/or doesn't want votes to be public (he's ashamed that he loves Undertale and weaboo shit more than gems such as AoD or UR or SitS).

Who the hell wants to do this?! 500 times?!
There are quite a few people who could write a script that would do it for them.

Gregz

Arcane
So...what keep people from being able to vote twice...or spam it 500 times with a proxy server?
honesty

Yeah, we don't have a lot of that on the Codex.

One bad seed could skew the results pretty horribly.

Nothing but felipepepe's official position is that if it was a Codex poll it wouldn't make much difference because of users with multiple accounts. Unofficially he's just lazy and/or doesn't want votes to be public

As for alts, most people don't have them, and those that do it's only a handful. Noise that could be filtered out statistically.

As it stands, this poll could *easily* be manipulated by just one shill or troll. The vote needs to be linked to userID somehow to ensure we are getting real data folks, otherwise expect 'Codex votes Fallout 4 GOTY 2015' all over the interwebs.

felipepepe ?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Yes I already called bullshit on this poll. Games with certain inviduals who are very emotionally engaged like AoD and PoE will get fucked up results.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Fallout 4 :2/5:

Shadowrun Hong Kong :4/5:

Underrail :2/5:

Age of decadence :1/5:

Pillars of eternity :5/5:

Witcher 3 :5/5:

edit: ShitS :1/5:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom