Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial RPG Codex Editorial: Where Journalism Goes to Write Itself

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Should also include raped for 5 minutes before load game pops up bro.
Might wanna teach those female gamers that adventuring alone fighting bandits is a baaaaad idea.
:lol:
Judging by what for example orcs, are based on, a male adventurer would also end up total anal destruction. Generally, falling into hands of evil humanoids should mean torture, tasteless rape and possibly slavery.

Anyway, how about skipping the horrifying gruesome lethal violence altogether? We could have a let's say, dungeon crawler with only tastefully-done sexual violence and non-lethal weapons? Spells and items would be centred on arousing/humiliating/neutralizing opponents and defence against enemy spells/items instead of cutting, piercing, burning, etc. and other horrible things.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
We could have a let's say, dungeon crawler with only tastefully-done sexual violence and non-lethal weapons? Spells and items would be centred on arousing/humiliating/neutralizing opponents and defence against enemy spells/items instead of cutting, piercing, burning, etc. and other horrible things.

Yes, yes, always wondered why Dragonshouts can disarm opponents, knock them off a cliff, but never tear their clothes apart. Lara Croft in her latest Tomb Raider outing suffers from this problem as well. She wears all that dirty clothing, bleeding all over the place, and yet her clothing retained its durability from start till finish, minus some wear and tear. Ridiculous.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I don't want no scrub
A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me
Hanging out the passenger side
Of his best friend's ride
Trying to holler at me
I don't want no scrub
A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me
Hanging out the passenger side
Of his best friend's ride
Trying to holler at me

But a scrub is checkin' me
But his game is kinda weak
And I know that he cannot approach me
Cuz I'm lookin' like class and he's lookin' like trash
Can't get wit' no deadbeat ass

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
1539263_8.jpg

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
You get a face of games journalism who awards Game of Forever to Skyrim. You get a face of games criticsm calling BioShock: Infinite a major step towards merging art and games. You get tons of critics naming The Last of Us 'The Citizen Kane of video gaming.' It would be like if Transformers got Best Movie at the Oscars, or Man of Steel won in Cannes.
:bro:
Let's talk about how that Japanese developer doesn't know about Steam (how silly!), but let's never question widespread idiotic beliefs people keep saying, like "turn-based games were made only due technological limitations". There's not a single "aren't you bored of FPS?", "do we need another Call of Duty?","should Fallout 3 really be an FPS?", "aren't multi-platform releases are destroying PC games?", "isn't Halo's Cortana extremely misogynist?", "Are cinematic games really a step-forward?" or anything remotely critical of AAA games and the status quo...
:bro:

It would be really interesting to hear jschreier explanation of this phenomena.

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Don't get your hopes, he registered, replied and never came back. Was already more than what most do, but I doubt we'll see him here again.

Machocruz

Arcane
I wonder if western AAA darling GTAV will get raked over the coals for its "misogyny" like Dragon's Crown and MSGV just did... (rhetorical pondering).

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
"isn't Halo's Cortana extremely misogynist?"
To be fair, Kotaku does this unnecessary shit all the time.
Never on flagships like Halo, that's what I'm saying. Just look at how they cover the same subject, but on different games:

Dragon's Crown (by mr. jschreier , no less):

Game Developers Really Need To Stop Letting Teenage Boys Design Their Characters
As you can see, the sorceress was designed by a 14-year-old boy. Perhaps game development studios should stop hiring teenagers? At least they're cheap, I guess.
The Real Problem With That Controversial, Sexy Video Game Sorceress
Why complain? Because it's embarrassing. Because I wouldn't want to be seen playing it in public.

Halo 4:

Conan O'Brien Also Thinks Halo 4's Cortana Is Pretty Hot
I mean, I get it. The story's depth might seem a little excessive and unnecessary to an outsider who thinks video games are made for mindless fun. But every year video games get a little better at telling stories. And that's definitely something we shouldn't roll our eyes at, it's something we should be proud of.

So yeah, Dragon's Crown is embarassing, done by a cheap teenager artist with no respect for woman. But Halo's 4 just funny, and we should be proud of how they're getting better every year. (LOL)

DOUBLE STANDARDS? WHERE?!!!111 :roll:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom