Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2016 Role-Playing Game of the Year & Age of Incline Voting

V_K

Arcane
Why are people so upset about the results? Lol, it's just a fucking Internet pool.
Last year we had, like, six different polls, official or not because people were upset with methodology. This year it's all going very peacefully.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Considering only the top right of the picture (let's ignore everything else, as all other games are far from being great for too many reasons)
Look at what games were in poll. Dunno if there was at least half of RPG among them.
They are not worst, they are different, like ToME4 which I played 46 DAYS of total time.
Xenonauts - is it bad RPG how do you think? :lol:

There are a lot of outstanding games, that just different, not bad.
If I was forced to play only RPG I would kill someone already.

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
All must submit to the Hyperweapon.

tScxyBe.jpg

Heretic

Cipher
I liked Risen much more than Shadowrun. Both were quite stupid but at least Risen had good areas to explore.

Blue games will be the most useful recommendations for people outside the Codex.
Greens are interesting, some of them have a fair shot at becoming "New Classics" in the future
The same applies to Gray games below the Greens ,although due to the low number of players, their future is more uncertain, but on the other hand there are many of them and some of middle Grays may actually proved to be good.
Half of the Grays and especially the Greens are the most important and useful results from the poll.
It will be interesting for sociological reasons to track how the perception of Yellows and to some extent Oranges will change in the future.

Last edited:
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Why are people so upset about the results? Lol, it's just a fucking Internet pool.

You see, this is not just a poll, this is serious business. Codex is our last, best hope. If Codex' taste will prove impure, everything is lost.

But it's not like AoD is called irredeemable piece of shit and universally hated for lack of quest compass and romances. I'd understand if aweigh was angry about supposedly hardcore gaming community not only slamming Elminage Gothic but also totally ignoring it.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
3 games with score above 4 in 2016? O_O
I don't see how that's possible, must be some obscure titles then.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter

Blue games will be the most useful recommendations for people outside the Codex.
Greens are interesting, some of them have a fair shot at becoming "New Classics" in the future
The same applies to Gray games below the Greens ,although due to the low number of players, their future is more uncertain, but on the other hand there are many of them and some of middle Grays may actually proved to be good.
Half of the Grays and especially the Greens are the most important and useful results from the poll.
It will be interesting for sociological reasons to track how the perception of Yellows and to some extent Oranges will change in the future.

Nice post - very interesting. I really only liked one of the Blues - D:OS.

Did not rate the Greens that high - decent games I suppose.

Of the two suns, why is one labelled as instant controversy? They had mixed views?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Is it simple average or Bayesian?
Simple, that's why 2016 has 3 games so highly rated.

Of the two suns, why is one labelled as instant controversy? They had mixed views?
Yes, "Instant Controversy" are games that a lot of people played but the votes were divided evenly between positive and negative - best represented by Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Is it simple average or Bayesian?
Simple, that's why 2016 has 3 games so highly rated.

Yes, "Instant Controversy" are games that a lot of people played but the votes were divided evenly between positive and negative - best represented by Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2.

?? What sort of person did not like PoE or WL2 ???

I don't understand it. Rival developers? Jealous guys?

Ah - I get it now. Those games had an equal amount of people liking and loathing it - but not only that - liking and loathing it in equal measure.

WTF - even worse - what sort of person did not like LoX?

Must be we have a bunch of Alternative Codexians somewhere.

Tigranes

Arcane
It might be that a game like POE had tons of 4-5s and tons of 1-2s, while perhaps other titles, like Eisenwald, has a lot of people giving 2s,3s.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom