Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2016 Role-Playing Game of the Year & Age of Incline Voting

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Updated version - now in higher res, better readability and some small fixes:

C3lN1bgUcAE1UWY.png:large

As much as I love the idea of Rance 6 and megadimension nepnep being our top 2, I presume you're going disqualify everything that was played by less than 5% or so?

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Forget about the RPGWatch and Neogaf. I will nuke this fucking place. I'm telling you Felipepepe, if Shadowrun end up anywhere near AoD I will revolt. I will ask some hacker to do some crazy shit. jcd, do something, please.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
While our brave team of analysts check the data and prepare the results posts, I leave you with this:

cp9sKL5.jpg

One of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

I feel like Luke Skywalker going outside and peering out over the desert at the twin sunset of my favorite games such as LoX, WL2, PoE.

Any chance you can move D:OS over to the left a bit next to WL2 and I can take a picture?

Lovely piece of work - thanks!

D:OS is the best game on that list. Considering only the top right of the picture (let's ignore everything else, as all other games are far from being great for too many reasons), it outshines the rest with just one simple thing: it's the best game. Yeah, dialogues suck, yeah, characters are meh, yeah, *ten other things*, but... it has the best gameplay of them all. The combat, the character progression, the skills, the creativity that went into it is all great. Sure, all the other games (top right only) are way better written. It's great! But... ultimately if I want great stories books are the best for it. Witcher 3 has the best story and characters in recent years when it comes to gaming, but it's a game and the gameplay elements are average at best. I give it credit where it's due, but games should have great gameplay first and foremost, not great stories first and foremost. Same applies to other games - Underrail is too much shit filler combat and running back and forth to be enjoyable, even though the combat should be so much fun in theory, but in the end it falls flat because it's like 10 other games I have already played. Shadowrun is even worse at that. Only Age of Decadence brings some creativity to gameplay (no combat option, or - when it comes to combat - very diverse weaponry, meaning weapons actually are different and axe or spear are not just swords with different mesh and texture), but it's still behind D:OS.

You don't have to like D:OS, but 'moving' it to average games would be improper.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
felipepepe
I'm guessing that asking for raw data now is too much? :D
Goddamn man, stop being such an impatient baby. I've released it every time, and just last page I said I would do it again.

Just wait for the full results.

As much as I love the idea of Rance 6 and megadimension nepnep being our top 2, I presume you're going disqualify everything that was played by less than 5% or so?
I do Bayesian Averages just for this.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Goddamn man, stop being such an impatient baby. I've released it every time, and just last page I said I would do it again.
Then stop teasing us with these graphs which don't show the whole picture, just release everything once you're done :P.

But based on the initial results I'm more than happy to see how well AoD did, I thought it would be MUCH worse.

NeoKino

RPGCodex Ninja
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Not that crazy of a list

Witcher 3 is overrated but a decent 7.5/10 Game, Shadowfall as you can tell by my avatar, and Divinity Original Sin along with Underrail are unadulterated rpg kino, and if you don't think they are the tightest shit get the fuck out of my face.

As for Dork Souls it isn't even an rpg and Age of Decadence is another game which I felt was overrated.

Rance was a great experience really underrated on the dex, sadly as pr0n games go it wasn't a good fap the waifu's are too bland and archetypal, and the character art needs some work, it has that generic modern hentai look.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
The bad news is that we have a bunch of popamole games that are well received. The good news is that you can teach your kids to play the latest Codex GOTY while he is making a poop.

CTA-Digital-iPotty.jpg

Gunnar

Arbiter
Updated version - now in higher res, better readability and some small fixes:

C3lN1bgUcAE1UWY.png:large

Legend of Eisenwald's location disturbs me.

I didn't care for Legend of Eisenwald, played for a few hours and then uninstalled without finishing it. I didn't like how the game punished you for exploration and the odd combat where you aren't really free to move around on the battlefield.

Also did not care much for AoD, which surprised me because I wanted to like it.

Forget about the RPGWatch and Neogaf. I will nuke this fucking place. I'm telling you Felipepepe, if Shadowrun end up anywhere near AoD I will revolt. I will ask some hacker to do some crazy shit. jcd, do something, please.

OMG! We have a bloody revolution coming! DarkUnderlord stop him before it is too late, before he overthrows the social hierarchy and destroys everything pure, noble and beautiful!!!

I do Bayesian Averages just for this.

No Bayesian Average can stop the brave and handsome Hero of Justice! Gahahaha!

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Why not do a Fallout 1.5 Review for the Codex? Infinitron has been looking for someone to take up the mantle. I've offered, but I also plan on doing a Sengoku Rance and a Skyrim review, so I would appreciate if another could take up the new Fallout.

I'll consider that but I already admin and do the news for NMA so it keeps me pretty busy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom