Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2016 Role-Playing Game of the Year & Age of Incline Voting

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
it ain't no lie, lol

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Though to be fair, Blackguards 2 was a big surprise. I was really hoping for a series of great games with small improvements on the first. Seemed like it would be so easy

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd give the award for 'The best efforts in advancing rpg entertainment and art' to Gamescom interview cancellation event.

Also f-pepe, may I have a look at the vote data once it's complete?

Zetor

Arcane
What's your guys' favourite of 2016? Shit I can't even remember playing an RPG that came out last year. Certainly not Darkest Dungeon. Maybe Siege of Dragonspear but I haven't played that yet.

Fake edit: wait I did play Banner Saga 2. was alright i guess
Dark Souls 3 and Stranger of Sword City are my shared first place, but they wouldn't get near the top 3 in a better year (like 2015).

e: plus SoSC is originally a 2014 game anyway

sser

Arcane
Developer
Is Stranger in Sword City like a PC version of Etrian Odyssey? Keep seeing it mentioned a lot, but I find most of those JRPG blobbers to be kinda samey.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is Stranger in Sword City like a PC version of Etrian Odyssey? Keep seeing it mentioned a lot, but I find most of those JRPG blobbers to be kinda samey.
Not really, considering Stranger of Sword City was originally a handheld/console game to begin with. Combat, dungeon design, and other mechanics are different enough to stand out on it's own. The people behind Stranger of Sword City tend to make a lot of similar Dungeon Crawlers, though.

Besides, that title goes to Labyrinth of Touhou.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What's your guys' favourite of 2016? Shit I can't even remember playing an RPG that came out last year. Certainly not Darkest Dungeon. Maybe Siege of Dragonspear but I haven't played that yet.

Fake edit: wait I did play Banner Saga 2. was alright i guess

Fallout 1.5 followed by Rance 6 (official translation).

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
While our brave team of analysts check the data and prepare the results posts, I leave you with this:

cp9sKL5.jpg

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Looks like Witcher 3 and/or SR: Dragonfall might be in the Top 3 even. Fallout 1.5 did the best apparently, though with much less votes.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Very nice! Rance 6 and DrDungeon 's Madman! also did well for those that knew of them. Looking forward to the write-up, and I am already thinking our list is better for 2016 than what I just saw from RPG Watch.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Age of Decadence was once again downvoted by UR fanboys, no surprise there. I expect a lot of 5s and 4s for UR and 1s and 2s for AoD made by the same people. I'm a bit surprised though that a tablet game (Dragonfall) is so high when it has ZERO replayability. You can see everything in one playthrough (with one or two reloads to certain moments), it's very linear, there is no interaction plus the fights aren't that good. It's not bad for a single playthrough but that's it and calling it a classic is just laughable. I mean, Fallout Tactics is more "RPG-ish" and more replayable than this thing and that says something.

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
BROTIP: don't talk shit without seeing the data.

AoD had about 2% of 1/5 votes only, and if we remove all negative votes from all games then AoD actually goes DOWN the ranking, while Undertail remains at the same spot.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
don't talk shit without seeing the data.
Keyword: expecting

read as: I can't let a single opportunity to lambast imaginary UR boogeymen slip by
It's no "boogeymen", considering last year results expecting something similar is rather sensible: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-of-incline-voting.113085/page-9#post-4919345
BTW, how did you rate AoD and UR?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom