Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rose of Eternity - Family & Country (Dragon Age Mod)

Challseus

Literate
roe_fc_black_cropped.png

f_c_1.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the beginning of time, the Rose Of Eternity has been in the mystical Garden Of Roses, tended to by the Keeper Of The Rose. It is said that the Keeper Of The Rose has the most beautiful singing voice, rivaled by none. She however does not sing for joy, but rather out of pain, for she is a prisoner in these gardens, forbidden to ever leave. Humanity is to blame for her misfortune, for as long as there is war and strife, she will be doomed to stay in the Garden Of Roses, and sing...

As she grows older, as petals fall off of the Rose Of Eternity, she continues to sing, in the hopes that mankind will change, but, they do not. As she begins to become an old woman, people pure of heart are born into the world. These people have the opportunity to change things, but alas, they make the wrong decisions, and the Keeper Of The Rose is left to her prison... And her singing...

As the age ends, she is born anew into the world again, hoping that mankind will change their ways. She has been going through this cycle for 4000 years. Will she ever be freed from her prison? In this life cycle, 6 unknowingly people will have the opportunity to make her wish come true.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rose of Eternity - Family & Country , a standalone Dragon Age mod, takes place 20 years after the events of my last two NWN games, Rose of Eternity - The Coming and Rose of Eternity - Cry The Beloved. Accolades include:

• 54,000+ cumulative downloads
  • Featured in PC Gamer as a must play module of 2006
  • 2006 Independent Games Festival award for best NWN module
  • NWVault 2005 Module of the Year Silver Award
  • NWVault Hall of Fame
  • Rose of Eternity - The Coming is the 51st highest rated NWN module of all time
  • Rose of Eternity - Cry The Beloved is the 2nd highest rated NWN module of all time

Features
  • 7-8 hours of gameplay
  • Cast of 25 fully voiced characters
  • 47 pieces of custom music
  • 28 custom abilities
  • 10 custom items
  • 5 custom skills
  • Last Resorts, which are abilities that can be activated when the health of a creature drops below a specific %
  • Unison Abilities, which allow you to perform combination abilities with other members in your party
  • Bonds of Battle, a system where the longer two party members fight alongside each other, the greater the bond grows, which unlocks special abilities between the two
  • Bonus XP, a system which rewards playing who do that little extra "something" in combat

The game can be downloaded from Nexus Mods. You can also following this game at:
In the meantime, please enjoy these videos:

Animated Intro

The Aran Dynasty

Development Diary #1 (Combat Systems)

Introduction to Arik Lannen, leader of the Dantiran Boundary Wardens

Introduction to Johnum Lyonars, Brother in the Ministry of Justice

Introduction to Elric Sigerther, mage from Stramadon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3tXDP4GVnM

Introduction to Ranon of the Aran Dynasty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKSbkGPn58I

Challseus

Literate
Right... So with that out of the way, just a little bit about me and my future plans.

I've been doing this modding thing for about 10 years now, but I'd like to make my own game from scratch. I'm a software engineer during the day, which I guess gives me a leg up on things. I also worked with Ossian Studios on their latest game, The Shadow Sun, so I have some experience with the Unity engine. While I'd like to create this huge, grand game, I know that I'll need to start small.

That said, I've always wanted to try my hand at making a strategy RPG, in the vein of...wait for it...Shining Force/Fire Emblem/Final Fantasy Tactics.

I already have my fleshed out world I'd like the adventure to take place in, as well as some ideas on the various combat systems (borrowing heavily from my Rose of Eternity series), so it just comes down to actually doing it...

But first things first. I will continue to support this mod, and of course, I'm looking for feedback so I continue to improve my craft.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Look great.
I love your previous two mods.
They are among the best NWN mods that I ever play.
The music, the custom gameplay, the story, the atmosphere, all those are light years ahead of what the Atari, Bioware and others can ever do.
If you plan to make your own game, do consider crowd-funding and remind people you make Rose of Eternity - The Coming and Rose of Eternity - Cry The Beloved so you can hire the people require for your development team.
I am sure I am not the only one very impressed with those two mods.

Challseus

Literate
Look great.
I love your previous two mods.
They are among the best NWN mods that I ever play.
The music, the custom gameplay, the story, the atmosphere, all those are light years ahead of what the Atari, Bioware and others can ever do.
If you plan to make your own game, do consider crowd-funding and remind people you make Rose of Eternity - The Coming and Rose of Eternity - Cry The Beloved so you can hire the people require for your development team.
I am sure I am not the only one very impressed with those two mods.

Thank you so much!

Yes, the ultimate goal would be a Kickstarter. However, if I was being honest with myself, I'm not entirely sure of what the costs would be for making this game. So that's going to take some time. Also, my skills are in programming/design, but I have no experience in 2d/3d art, music composition, etc. So will have to be on the lookout for folks like that.

Challseus

Literate
Couchpotato from RPGWatch has just posted an interview he did with me. It's the first one I've done in maybe 8 years, so it was quite fun for me. Also, because of the types of questions, it was a very long and interesting trip down nostalgia lane. In particular, lots of questions about my previous work with Ossian Studios. And as you can imagine, that led to me discussing the infamous debacle of Mysteries of Westgate being delayed forever after development was completed.

Also, in general, you may just happen to learn some things you never knew about me, how Rose of Eternity was conceived, and what I'm thinking about moving forward. So check it out!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It does indeed. Looks pretty cool, though I haven't played the NWN mods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom