Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

roleplaying human races in rpgs

Theldaran

Liturgist
Irish are always OP. But for my personal pick, I'd pick Israeli.

Theldaran

Liturgist
You've got the Southron, who are blacks, and the Easterners, who are chinese.

Due to the turn of the millennium affairs, the Southron were depicted in the Decipher TCG a little bit... differently.

since you have pasted those cards and I know nothing about it, do they come with stats difference? Whats the meaningful choice when you choose them over other races

If you know about Magic or even Hearthstone, same shit. Each faction has a distinct way to be played. Like Southron with Mumakil (mammoths of the South) focus on brute force. Nazgul focus on winning by corrupting the ring-bearer etc. Uruk-hai play by dealing lots of wounds (called "bleeding" decks).

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How long before the "Orc lives matter" campaign starts in the ever increasing SJW part of the video game community?
"Orcs are treated just like Jews in the '30's and '40s".

Arcanum's Orcish worker rights party will become an actual reality in the real world.

Theldaran

Liturgist
that principle changed and differences between colors are somehow blurry now.

Well I don't know... I don't play Magic anymore, but I know a lot of modern cards and I think they stick better to the spirit of each colour. What they call the "colour pie". In the old days you frequently found cards that probably were in the wrong colour. They tried to fix this by giving each colour certain favoured powers (white: life gain, control, a bit of removal, weenies; blue: countermagic, draw, etc; red: destruction, bolts, haste, chaos; black: discard, removal, slight control; green: fatties with few fliers, removal with creatures, power boosters, mana fixers, putting creatures into play from the deck). Cards that mean something new for the colour and have good power level are instantly coveted all around.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
are there any nonwhite humans in Tolkien books?

Negroes:
"out of Far Harad black men like half-trolls with white eyes and red tongues."
Of course for a modern simpleton this is "racism". But for someone who has never seen a black man before, or even suspected their existence (like the hobbits), big negroes in no or little armour charging probably reminded them of half-trolls.

Beastro

Arcane
How long before the "Orc lives matter" campaign starts in the ever increasing SJW part of the video game community?
"Orcs are treated just like Jews in the '30's and '40s".

Arcanum's Orcish worker rights party will become an actual reality in the real world.

An Arcanum sequel satirizing modern movements like that and seeing the decline of Tarant's society into post-industrial decay and self=loathing would be hilarious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom