Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Roguey vs the Grognards Thread

Marginal? New Vegas rocks, but with regards to game balance? It sucks. Even with Sawyer's patch you rock the Godmode fairly soon, and nothing Sawyer did fixed VATS or the piss-poor shooting mechanics. Some enemies added by Sawyer set out to fix some of these problem (Cazadores), but since the mechanics are shit they just become HP sponges that take a little more Godmode to auto-defeat than other mobs.

Not harking on Sawyer mind, what he did with New Vegas was cool n' shit. Just saying that it is hardly a marginal opinion that the core gameplay mechanics of New Vegas are at best a patched version of The Ultimate Shit (tm): Fallout 3.
Yes, these opinions are marginal.

http://new.spring.me/#!/JESawyer/q/235975522612416302

He called DS3 fun LOL.

Sawyer is quite marginal.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
He called DS3 fun LOL.

Sawyer is quite marginal.
It was. People didn't like it for reasons that didn't have to do with gameplay.

Nathaniel Chapman said:
I think there would have been 10 or 11 non-system-design related things I would have spent time on before I got around to tweaking the systems, if I just had a bucket of time I could choose to spend on whatever I wanted.

Nathaniel Chapman said:
I think the biggest problem was that core, critical aspects of the game (camera, the multiplayer gameplay model, and the visual presentation of conversations) didn't have the polish or technical work necessary to make them competitive. That was the thing that ultimately got the game the scores it did and prevented people from getting as excited about it as they otherwise would have.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I been trying to get Anthony Davis to give Loverslab mods a try but he said his wife might catch him in the act.
03.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
160 hours of trying for right mods, 17 hours of play, fits perfectly.
It was a day one purchase, and he completed the main quest on December 28, 2011, there weren't many mods to speak of at the time. :)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Well. I did lay a few dozen chaurus eggs.
Kinda boring TBH.

imweasel

Tim Cain played Skyrim for 178 hours, the equivalent of a week.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979050578/stats/TheElderScrollsVSkyrim/?tab=achievements look at all those 'chieves. And to think there are people here who claim he was being facetious when he said he loved Oblivion and Fallout 3. Yes, I'm sure Tim Cain was crying the whole 178 hours he was playing. Crying over its majesty that is.
Cain played that piece of shit game for 178 hours. How sad. :lol:

He also seems to prefer action games and shooters more than RPGs.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
Aspects of Underrail that I believe are Josh Sawyer-approved
You're not Sawyer so what you believe is meaningless. You've already demonstrated multiple times that your opinions are in contrast with those of Josh Sawyer, so I believe that he's outraged that some assclown goes around misquoting him and butchering his design philosophy.
Also completed the Dragon Age games multiple times. And yet he refuses to even try TB games because it's too time consuming and hard to figure that shit out that. You don't often see that kind of conviction to being anti TB/pro popamole akshun RPG even on IGN, Bioware or Escapist forums.

Nikaido

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Tim Cain played Skyrim for 178 hours, the equivalent of a week.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979050578/stats/TheElderScrollsVSkyrim/?tab=achievements look at all those 'chieves. And to think there are people here who claim he was being facetious when he said he loved Oblivion and Fallout 3. Yes, I'm sure Tim Cain was crying the whole 178 hours he was playing. Crying over its majesty that is.
Cain played that piece of shit game for 178 hours. How sad. :lol:

He also seems to prefer action games and shooters more than RPGs.
200 hours of boredlands when you combine both boredlands releases. I don't even. Boredlands must be one of the worst AAA game release I've played in my life. Pointing out skyrim while looking at his steam profile is like pointing out the rotten fruit in a literal poop cake. I don't like Skyrim but even that game is more defensible than the rest of his profile.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Sawyer would agree that most Obsidian games are bad though????
Do you ever think about anything? Did you ever have your own opinion about anything before you started to check what Your Dear Josh's opinion was about, ... well, ... anything?

Jobs tend to require less brainwashing, and pay better.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
I certainly wasn't. The Codex is marginal.
So, you're actually preaching for a marginal public, that has no impact whatsoever, or in the negligible case that it has a tiny impact you feel the need to correct that single blasphemer of the error of his ways?

That's how you get your own bash-thread: if you come with good arguments, people might still ignore you, but if you have no opinion yourself, they will ridicule you as far as you take them.

Think about this for a moment.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Do you ever think about anything? Did you ever have your own opinion about anything before you started to check what Your Dear Josh's opinion was about, ... well, ... anything?

Jobs tend to require less brainwashing, and pay better.
We were talking about things Josh Sawyer believes.

Of course I have my own opinions. JES happened to share many of them, that's why I latched on to him.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Josh opinions Roguey disagrees with: RAPE

Josh opinions Roguey agrees with: Everything else. :)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't share his enthusiasm for Pool of Radiance, Darklands, or Pikmin, think he was much too lenient in his assessment of NWN2 OC, and he's called Witcher 1 and 2 good games which is a bunch of nonsense.

He also backed Jagged Alliance Flashback and Massive Chalice and boy is he in for Massive Disappointment.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't share his enthusiasm for Pool of Radiance, Darklands, or Pikmin, think he was much too lenient in his assessment of NWN2 OC, and he's called Witcher 1 and 2 good games which is a bunch of nonsense.

He also backed Jagged Alliance Flashback and Massive Chalice and boy is he in for Massive Disappointment.
He may yet be saved, perhaps.

SymbolicFrank

Magister

What is the single game you enjoyed most? Or, if that's hard, (it would be for me), post a top-x of the games you have played post/have the fondest memories about.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
He likes world of goo and other pretentious indy gar-bitch.

Not surprising that the declinator hates Pool of Radiance and Darklands. Like I said, Roguey is a shrieking goblin who's trying to pervert the JES way. The cult of Sawyerism is in dire need of a reformation. We need to get rid of the corrupt Catholic element that's holding us back. Who would be our Luther to lead us away from the dark ages and eventually on to a new world of prosperity, where agents of decline who hate CRPGs and still cling to the old corrupt faith are looked down up by Sawyerite klansmen?

Last edited:

TheGreatOne

Arcane
Roguey said:
RPGs are all severely flawed, but show promise. Pillars of Eternity may be the first elegant RPG

Calling that abortion "elegant" while simultaneously thrashing TB games that are far less chaotic clusterfucks
:kingcomrade:

Want to see elegant design? Go play Ikaruga. No matter how much JES wants to end all fun, his games will still be far from elegant. #Grognard or bust

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom