Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Roguey vs the Grognards Thread

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I love how Roguey is so fucking desperate for attention after the epic fucking failure of PE's combat he has to run around and shitpost in as many threads as possible. :lol:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
In fairness, Roguey has been shitting on most of the other major cRPG/Kickstarter threads since long before it was revealed that Josh Sawyer is in fact not the first coming of RPGesus.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I love how Roguey is so fucking desperate for attention after the epic fucking failure of PE's combat
Izzat so? News to me.

he has to run around and shitpost in as many threads as possible. :lol:
Shitposting = saying things Jaesun doesn't like. I haven't said anything unreasonable lately.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That was weeks ago and it was a funny reference to HP Lovecraft.

Rake

Arcane
Roguey is just acting on the burrhurt festering in him since that fraud Chris Avellone is so well liked here. He did try to warn in his first post...
And yet Avellone and his buddies will be the ones that will save PoE, saving Josh's ass in the process. How much butthurt that must causes Roguey...

Only for storyfags. :smug:
And Avellone did a shit job of designing the Agri centre in WL2. So it will most probably be his buddies.
Gameplay and systems will still be utter shit. and P:E will be worth one playthrough at best for the VN experience.

Last edited:
The point is that being good "only to storyfags" is a weak comeback.
"Lol, that shit is only going to appeal to a lot of people, not the tiny but loud minority that values strategic combat in a fucking singleplayer game."

TheGreatOne

Arcane
What's that? Some hipster from California thinks he's the best designer ever just because his boyfriend called him "the best dungeon master ever" (protip: he wasn't talking about D&D) and he watched some Extra Credits videos on youtube?
Miyamoto-Interview.jpg

JES is so much below even the likes of Yu Suzuki that Shigeru comparisons are kind of pointless. JES hasn't even accomplished anything within his own genre (or made a single game that's actually competently designed or fun to play) let alone accomplished so much that he could actually compete on a larger stage with actual heavyweight designers. Atleast his claims used to only cover his own niche, but he's apparently become even more delusional. Again there's that inverted logic of his: his game was just DEMOLISHED by Original Sin which he trashed for months, but rather than being humbled by his own failures and empirical evidence, he's actually become even more full of himself.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well, Larian has until next afternoon to release their patch or I'm playing my very-recently-acquired copy of Skyrim: Total Package. It was inevitable that I'd give in to the Josh-approved, 20+ million selling, tens of thousands-still-playing hit that Bioware, CD Projekt, and other johnny-come-latelys will cargo cult copy for the duration of the current console generation.
Yes. If you would show your face in the PoE thread, you would see how much of a trainwreck the character system is. :troll:
I have zero fucks to give about the opinions of grognards.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Pretty much mirrors most codexers opinion of you roguey.
The number of replies I get suggests otherwise.

Of course now I realize I've been behaving exactly like an any ex-grog would. Self-awareness comes eventually though. :)

Lhynn

Arcane
Pretty much mirrors most codexers opinion of you roguey.
The number of replies I get suggests otherwise.

Of course now I realize I've been behaving exactly like an any ex-grog would. Self-awareness comes eventually though. :)
Well, you are sawyers "spokeperson" of sorts, and you wont shut the fuck up about it. Its not your opinion that matters, its his.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, Larian has until next afternoon to release their patch or I'm playing my very-recently-acquired copy of Skyrim: Total Package.
Be sure to let us all know your thoughts on it. If they are positive, maybe even start your own thread.

Did you play Oblivion? What did you think of combat in that?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Well, Larian has until next afternoon to release their patch or I'm playing my very-recently-acquired copy of Skyrim: Total Package.

What you should be doing is contact Josh to fix the epic disaster of the PE combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom