Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Rock Paper Shotgun get Might & Magic X trailer, game to be released on Steam Early Access on Monday

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Limbic Entertainment; Might & Magic X: Legacy; Ubisoft

The privileged white men over at Rock Paper Shotgun apparently received exclusive permission to post a new trailer for Might & Magic X Legacy. Check it out:

That CGI intro kinda reminds me of Icewind Dale 2's opening. The game looks like a Grimrock clone at first, but then at 1:25 it goes outdoors and becomes MAJESTIC. I like it.

The really interesting bit, however, is at the end, where it's revealed that the game will be available for purchase on Monday(!), as an Early Access title. The Early Access version will contain the game's first act, and those who buy it will receive an automatic upgrade to the game's Deluxe Digital Edition upon its final release. The Deluxe Edition will include various goodies, such as free access to the game's first DLC, an exclusive dungeon, a free copy of Might & Magic VI, and "Ultimate Adventurer Status" (whatever that means). A Deluxe Boxed Edition containing all of that, plus the obligatory cloth map and more, will be available exclusively from Ubisoft's own Uplay platform.

Last but not least, I'm happy to inform that the folks at Ubisoft have been kind enough to provide us with a preview copy of the game. Expect an official Codex preview of Might & Magic X sometime in the near future.

Update: According to an article at GameStar.de, the final game is planned for release in early 2014.

deamento

Scholar
I'm having trouble determining if this is TB or real time combat
does anyone know anything about that?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hmmm, wonder if Uplay is required on Steam version -- I'm guessing yes.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I get why the don't want to just bend over and take it up the ass from Steam but I've always thought two layers of DRM -- especially when they're online/platform varieties -- was laughable overkill. At least EA just flat out doesn't put their new games on Steam.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Any idea what the price point on this is going to be? $20ish?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
2uib0.jpg

GrimoireFTW

Learned
well this is excting news! I am definitely purchasing this on Monday. I only wonder how long the "first act" is and if savegames will be transferable to the full release

I get why the don't want to just bend over and take it up the ass from Steam but I've always thought two layers of DRM -- especially when they're online/platform varieties -- was laughable overkill.

And even more especially when some kids from the internet are going to crack them in three days tops, anyway. I wonder if these guys are making a token effort to justify their jobs or if they genuinely don't know the "MOAR DRM!!!" strategy doesn't work.

Repressed Homosexual
I get why the don't want to just bend over and take it up the ass from Steam but I've always thought two layers of DRM -- especially when they're online/platform varieties -- was laughable overkill.

And even more especially when some kids from the internet are going to crack them in three days tops, anyway. I wonder if these guys are making a token effort to justify their jobs or if they genuinely don't know the "MOAR DRM!!!" strategy doesn't work.

It happens because they're afraid of getting sued by shareholders.

Nael

Arcane
All I have to say is...

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

catfood

AGAIN
RPS said the game comes out in september this year, but the nazi site says it's going to come out at the beginning of 2014. So which one is it?

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I prefer grid based movement with no smoothing, I hope it can be disabled in the options

This. It quickly became annoying in Grimrock when backtracking or covering longer distances, which this game will have plenty of, considering it has outdoor areas and town(s).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom