Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Risk of Rain 2

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Taka-Haradin puolipeikko, May 9, 2017.

1. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    Click here and disable ads!
    http://hopooo.tumblr.com/post/160452455554/devblog-1-our-next-project-weve-been-working
    [​IMG]

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 5
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    • decline decline x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Zenith Learned

Zenith
    Parrots:
    I'm getting a deja vu. What was that other dev studio who made a great 2D platformer and then took on a 3D procedural stylized project, never to be heard from again? Like 5+ years ago?

[edit] I remembered, it was Hitbox, the Dustforce devs. Still working, and apparently selling pieces of their code on Unity Store.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Parrots:
    First one was boring.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  4. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    Parrots:
    i only have faith in these guys because DEADBOLT

^ Top  
  5. Latmey Novice

Latmey
    Parrots:
    Reminds me of the recently announced Momodora sequel. While I have my doubts on whether or not the transition from 2D to 3D will go well, I'm glad to see indie devs being ambitious and trying new things.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Siobhan Arbiter

Siobhan
    Parrots:
    What a substantive and insightful analysis. I read the same kind of vague claims 20 years ago, when everything suddenly had to be 3D and 2D was just too limited. The result: tons of turds and entire genres going the way of the dodo. If Risk of Rain 2 should turn out well, one can only hope that transitioning to 3D won't become the next big fad in the indie scene. Although it does make historical sense: if you're stuck reliving the glory days of the 80s and early 90s, it's only logical that you'd eventually move on to the mid-late 90s.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Arnust Learned

Arnust
    Parrots:
    Huh, the thread's a bit out of date. I'll list the last devblog if you won't mind.
    http://hopooo.tumblr.com/post/166010258719/devblog-7-deferred-rendering-hi-this-last
    Just as a prototype already looks quite good!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Arnust Learned

Arnust
    Parrots:
    Not much to dig from here, but here it is regardless:

http://hopooo.tumblr.com/post/168126418719/ror2-qa-12217
    Q: I’m going to ask the real questions, is Sniper a man or woman? This is important because reasons.
    A:

:argh:

^ Top  
  9. Arnust Learned

Arnust
    Parrots:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/we-finally-get-our-first-look-at-risk-of-rain-2/

• Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    Parrots:
    fuck this, give me Deadbolt 2

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Arnust Learned

Arnust
    Parrots:
    http://hopooo.tumblr.com/post/170840621408/devblog-9-runnin-around-as-we-get-deeper-into

I'm really digging these new and remade enemy designs myself. But yeah I really hope Hopoo gets it right. Play testing is going to be a must.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. PulsatingBrain Arbiter Patron

PulsatingBrain
    Parrots:
    I don't remember, in RoR1 could you enter the game as a squad with your friends, or did it just throw you into multiplayer with some people? Because this game looks amazing for playing with a few friends and just chatting away while we deal with the level

^ Top  
  13. Arnust Learned

Arnust
    Parrots:
    ROR1 had you mandatorily port forwarding via the Hamachis and Tunngles of the world so unless you joined some randy's hosted server, there is no matchmaking. When a game is starting all players (cpped at 4 but editing a .txt you can go further past that) get on a similar version of the game start screen, the Artifacts, Difficulty and Characters are picked and it's go time once everyone hits Ready. I haven't experienced ROR1 multiplayer much myself and it's a bit clumsy more often than not, as it wasn't taken in mind initially and it was added later on after release.

^ Top  
  14. Arnust Learned

Arnust
    Parrots:
    It's headed by some playtest footage and it didn't copy somehow:

Generally just looking plain great. There's a lot to do.

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Arnust Learned

Arnust
    Parrots:
    "So will Chris make the music?"

Cheeky lad he

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)