Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen problem (i be retarded)

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The ''epic final dungeon'' is not Piranha thing. It plagues every fucking rpg in existence and not only rpgs, shooters too.
SoZ final dungeon is GLORIOUS. Otherwise you're right, but it's not even a "dungeon" thing, even other genres that don't have a final dungeon can suffer from this. I've complained about this before in adventure games, where so many play like the designers ran out of ideas and shoved a completely shitty puzzle/action scene/whatever other demented gameplay element they came up with. Hand of Fate is one of the worst offenders in this category, as is Curse of Monkey Island. It's also why I've praised Monkey Island 2 and Sam & Max Hit the Road so much, their finales are actually stupendously good in the gameplay department.

Beastro

Arcane
Dunno wtf you're having so much trouble near the ending.
Because last time i touched it was 2 years ago and i've completely forgot what was the quest about.

It's to collect all the shit the lizard race made to contend with the titans however long ago their civilization existed that are the only MacGuffans able to hurt them/be protected from them.

Been 6 years since I finished it and also struggle with memory problems from TMJ these days, so :smug:.

Arrowgrab

Arbiter
So, i got the armor pieces, the druid repaired it, but only quest on my log is still ''talk to the druid about temple'' thing. Where is the final boss?

As for the "talk to the druid" quest, maybe you can't do it because you haven't read ALL the readables in the volcano cave. There are some 3 or so columns that can be read, but they look like no other readable in the game, so maybe you missed some. Not a biggie, though.

For the main quest, you need to go to the monastery, down a little path that starts near the big temple building, and into the volcano cave. Proceed through the caves to the spot with the massive gates, where earlier on the Inquisitor went in to try and control the titan.

Lhynn

Arcane
SoZ final dungeon is GLORIOUS.
It really isnt. Its not bad because it has some good stuff in it, but theres no real buildup to it. The entirety of SoZ is about adventuring for its own sake, but without the interesting rewards that come from adventuring. And the final dungeon follows this.
The economy game of the game was cool tho, i liked how you could build your trading empire.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
I can't offer any help because the last chunk of that game was a blur in my memory. Honestly you'd be fine just quitting now and uninstalling. You're not missing anything or any kind of epic conclusion and it's not like you play a PB game for its enthralling story, so who cares. The whole final stretch in that game is pretty terrible and pointless.

40483198.jpg

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
The whole vidya gaem thing is p terrible and pointless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom