Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I am always amused by the MC's voice. It is hilarious, like Clint Eastwood trying to do an impression of Clint Eastwood.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Risen 2 introduced the concept of "corridor-islands" and everything else was pretty much awful: story, companions and combat.

Risen 3 is slightly better which means that is LESS awful.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/games/249230/announcements/detail/38632260317317235

Risen 3: Titan Lords: The graphical fidelity has Risen

...now that we have your attention with our terrible pun, today we'd like to announce that, courtesy of a free automatic update for those who already have the game in their library, we're bringing a slew of visual enhancements to Risen 3: Titan Lords for players running the game on a 64-bit Operating System -

- Improved texture resolution for items, objects, foliage, terrain, particle effects, characters, monsters and other in-game models.
- Improved draw distance & viewing ranges
- Larger caches leading to smoother frame-rates & less LOD streaming
- The introduction of new state of the art post-process effects such as bokeh depth of field and HDR bloom
- Addition of a new physically based, more visually realistic cloud rendering technique that adds even more spectacular skies and sunsets to the dynamic day-night cycles.

For those of you yet to own Risen 3: Titan Lords, fear not: if you're running on a 64-bit OS then you'll automatically receive the 64-bit version of the game upon purchase. Due to the fact that the above improvements are only possible through the extra bandwidth switching to 64-bit affords us, those of you running on a 32-bit OS & purchasing the game will receive the original 32-bit version, which will of course update automatically should you ever move to a 64-bit OS at a future point.

In addition any DLCs that you have previously purchased (or may purchase in future) will obviously also function in the 64-bit version and all save games & previously obtained Steam achievements will also transfer from the 32-bit version to 64-bit version.

All the best!
The Risen 3: Titan Lords Team

State of the art!

adure

Liturgist
Risen 3 though... I've only played the first few minutes and it felt like a kick in the balls. Requested a refund for the £5 I spent.

you made a huge mistake !

the first 30 minutes do really suck.
but thats just a kind of retarded playable "intro/tutorial" .

after that "intro/tutorial" you start at level 1 with no equip no skills and a huge and harsh open world to explore.

steam reviews tells the truth.

Deleted member 7219

after that "intro/tutorial" you start at level 1 with no equip no skills and a huge and harsh open world to explore.

I'm not going to spend money on games that so spectacularly fuck up in the first few minutes.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Risen 3 is only slightly less shitty than Risen 2. But, make no mistake, both are shitty. Risen died after the first game.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm not going to spend money on games that so spectacularly fuck up in the first few minutes.

You did the right thing, Risen3 is boring and that is the nicest thing I can say about the game, regretfully. (melee style mage is OK too) I hoped that they learned from their mistakes in Risen 2 but nope.

:negative:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:kfc: Risen 3: Titan Lords Enhanced Edition Reviews

When Deep Silver and Piranha Bytes' Risen 3: Titan Lords was released on PC and last-gen console systems, its reception was lukewarm at best. Unfortunately, based on this batch of reviews for the Enhanced Edition on the PlayStation 4, it doesn't appear that its reception has made much forward progress.

Destructoid gives it a 1/10:

Risen 3 is stunning, but not for the reasons the developers intended. Frustrating, ugly, broken, irritating, dull -- I cannot recommend this game to a single person. Even if you enjoyed it on PC, there is no way the busted PS4 version is worth a double-dip. If you want pirates, play Assassins' Creed IV. If you want epic fantasy, play Dragon Age: Inquisition or The Witcher: Wild Hunt. If you want a combination of the two, know that desire could lead you down a very dark road. Please do not buy Risen 3. It is a very bad game.

ZTGD gives it a 7.5/10:

Risen has had an interesting history of console ports, with the first game getting extremely downgraded in order to run on the original 360. When Risen 2 released, it stayed true to the original content more so, but still had issues. Risen 3 seemed to follow in its footsteps but with even more technical issues. Risen 3 enhanced edition is now the best console version of the game series, period. It looks great, has a unique theme, a fun world to explore, and is hilarious at times, all while offering a very solid, lengthy, and competent quest. Just be sure to know that sometimes it will make you feel like walking the planks with its handful of minor annoyances and issues.

ThisGenGaming gives it a 3/10:

As I said previously, Risen 3 is the worst game I’ve played of 2015 so far. There is just so many problems with this game. There’s the technical issues that will never be fixed and the boring and terrible combat system both being the biggest offenders of Risen 3’s problems. I just can’t recommend this game to anyone unless you really want to play a game with a pirate theme, and if that’s the case wait until it’s really cheap.

PopBucket gives it a 7/10:

For others, however, it could prove a hard sell. There’s plenty to love beneath a rough exterior, yet the obtuse combat, strange pacing and low-budget feel may put off some. A rough diamond, then — polished up for the PlayStation 4, and keen to send you on an adventure of demon-slaying, rum-swilling and being a bit of a grumpy hero git.

PSNation gives it a 7.0/10:

If I had to sum up Risen 3: Titan Lords into one word it would be “generic”. Everything about the game screams generic. The story, characters, and quests, there isn’t really anything that is too new or fresh. Combat is easy to exploit, conversations have little emotion, and even the characters seem to be bored being in the game.

TheSixthAxis doesn't score it:

With all this in mind, I cannot recommend Titan Lords any more or less than I did this time last year. Sure, it looks great by comparison, yet in leaving the combat mechanics untouched, the developer has allowed them to fester and further damage what could have been a landmark role-playing game.

And PlayStation LifeStyle gives it a 5.0/10:

Yes, Risen 3: Titan Lords – Enhanced Edition was remastered with care, and it shows, but should the game have even been remastered in the first place? Probably not. Thanks to a story that gets a bit confusing, boring combat, and poor animations, Risen 3 is simply not a good game. The huge worlds, beautiful visuals, and large number of character skills do fight hard to make the RPG worth your money, but in the end, I think it’s a game that most likely should be avoided.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
183429-733c2-120.jpg

Deleted member 7219

The Witcher 3 is a genuinely great game. Dragon Age: Inquisition was a bad game, with some very good parts. Risen 3, well, I quit after 5 minutes. Maybe there was some good stuff later on, but I don't know. I should probably have given it 1 hr 59 minutes, but the first 5 minutes was so rage inducing. Honestly, I can't think of many other games that are that awful from the immediate beginning of the game.

Perkel

Arcane
Dragon Age: Inquisition was a bad game, with some very good parts.

like what ? I found no redeeming features after playing it up until final part of game (where i dropped it). The ball was kind of neat but quickly it went shit with story and forced choices

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Noticed this shitter is included in the Deep Silver weekend sale on Steam. Are any of the DLCs worth a damn? I'm feeling an itch to give the game a go at the cheap price, but just wondering if the extra content is worth it.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Noticed this shitter is included in the Deep Silver weekend sale on Steam. Are any of the DLCs worth a damn? I'm feeling an itch to give the game a go at the cheap price, but just wondering if the extra content is worth it.

No, adds maybe an extra hour or two with unremarkable quests in a game which already outstays its welcome far too long.

Deleted member 7219

Good thing Fallout 2 is not one of them.

The first few minutes of Fallout 2 had me talking my way out of a combat encounter.

The first few minutes of Risen 3 had EXPLOSIONS and jumping and shit dialogue and real time combat with shit animations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom