Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Then again it's also true that giving the developer 20 bucks instead of 49.99 is exactly 20 bucks better than giving them nothing.
That's if you want to support a developer for making a crappy game. I'm sure PB are nice human beings and I don't want them to starve, but big picture, I feel like supporting bad games is bad for the industry. Buying a game you have no intention of playing (much less enjoying) is nothing more nor less than charity, and frankly there are much better charities to donate to.

If we get another decade of decline, I could see myself playing it in like 2020 :)
Haha. Good point.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yeah. I'm always confused when I see this on here ... "Looks horrible, I won't buy until it's cheap" ... I'm like, are you so desperate to pad out your free time that you have to play EVERY game? Just send me the $10 instead and I'll give you advice on a good game you already have that would actually be fun to play again.

Assuming money wasn't an issue I would probably play every RPG on the PC, yeah. That doesn't mean I would finish them, mind you.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Assuming money wasn't an issue I would probably play every RPG on the PC, yeah. That doesn't mean I would finish them, mind you.
I guess I can dig it, kind of. I like to try a lot of demos ... or at least I did when demos existed. :(

But with so many indies and small projects available now, and store shelf space no longer limiting my choices, there are just too many games in the world, even too many RPGs, for me to reasonably try them all. And I have a ton of free time and play lots of video games. I don't know how you diehards do it :)

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I guess I can dig it, kind of. I like to try a lot of demos ... or at least I did when demos existed. :(

But with so many indies and small projects available now, and store shelf space no longer limiting my choices, there are just too many games in the world, even too many RPGs, for me to reasonably try them all. And I have a ton of free time and play lots of video games. I don't know how you diehards do it :)

Well I hadn't played a game in almost six months until just recently. I go in phases. I won't actually play every RPG but I think the point is PB have earned a place higher in the queue, even if they suck now. Nostalgia's a bitch (also I love their dialog).

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Play game one day then lose interest.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I like some some parts of this game so I'm continuing. But... I just persevered through the Morgoloth fight, which was simply tedious, and then got my first sea fight which I quit after 10 minutes. Just horrible. The controls section of the menu tells me nothing on how to fire the various cannons etc. I googled of course but I have my own custom controls with 'E'= forward. Hefta experiment, just wanted to vent regarding how unneeded this addition was.

edit: alright, turned on the tutorial messages and made it ;)

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So the game is finally half the price but I'm still not convinced. First, the idiots still haven't released a single patch, update or rebalance. And from what I've read this game is far from flawless. Plus I've already spent like 50 euros on a handful of shit so I think fuck it. For now.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
So the game is finally half the price but I'm still not convinced. First, the idiots still haven't released a single patch, update or rebalance. And from what I've read this game is far from flawless. Plus I've already spent like 50 euros on a handful of shit so I think fuck it. For now.

It's pretty polished.

The performance was really good on my rig but your mileage could vary.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Buy it immediately... so you can tell me whether I should.

cw8

Cipher

Bought it launch. One of the games I had to force myself to finish. Feels way too much like Risen 2, while having spells again is good, everything is on CD and is insta-cast. Combat is piss easy even on hard. For some reason, I can't be bothered with the plot and sidequests like in Risen 2, maybe even more so here. At least in Risen 2, the main antagonist had some minor form of character development. In Risen 3 the antagonist appears out of nowhere. Everything about the overall plot feels rushed. The ending is laughably abrupt and is surprisingly worse than Risen 2.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I'm enjoying the game, but I understand nothing about the main villain. Nothing at all.

Some levels. like the castle in Calador, were nicely designed and I'm enjoying exploration more than in Risen 2 (but less than in Risen 1).

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Bought it launch. One of the games I had to force myself to finish. Feels way too much like Risen 2, while having spells again is good, everything is on CD and is insta-cast. Combat is piss easy even on hard. For some reason, I can't be bothered with the plot and sidequests like in Risen 2, maybe even more so here. At least in Risen 2, the main antagonist had some minor form of character development. In Risen 3 the antagonist appears out of nowhere. Everything about the overall plot feels rushed. The ending is laughably abrupt and is surprisingly worse than Risen 2.

I'm mainly asking because while Risen 2 was very disappointing and flawed I still enjoyed it and played 40 hours of it to completion. I just love that PB dialog and style, and the musket combat was unique.

Tigranes

Arcane
Better than R2, but an improved R2 rather than a Gothic game. If you liked R1 and you thought R2 was a possibly fun game this is worthwhile, if you thought R2 was fundamentally irredeemable in many ways, skip.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Better than R2, but an improved R2 rather than a Gothic game. If you liked R1 and you thought R2 was a possibly fun game this is worthwhile, if you thought R2 was fundamentally irredeemable in many ways, skip.

Great summary, thank you.

Glaurung

Liberal's alt
Shitposter
The fact that Risen 3 hasn't had a single post in over a month, while Faggot Age Circumcision is over 500 pages long speaks volumes of RPGCodex's true level of decline.

Played Risen 1, abandoned half-way through due to game-unrelated reasons, haven't played Risen 2, now thinking of Been thinking of getting this game. . Is it worth it? Obviously, it's not another Gothic 2, but is it a good title for some who's sick and tired of bloated AAA title SJW-infested cockware?

Emily

Arcane
Depends. Risen 1 is the best one, and Codex talked it over to death now. Same as with gothic 1 and 2
Risen 3 is kinda meh, there is not much to say. It is better then Risen 2 but that dosent mean much...
I would just replay gothic or risen better.

Glaurung

Liberal's alt
Shitposter
What specifically is worse? I remember Risen 1 being a fairly solid but otherwise unoriginal Gothic remake in Caribbean isles, a bit tired for someone who blazed through Gothic 1, Gothic 2, Gothic 2: DER NACHT DES RABENS :rage:, Gothic 3, and even a tiny bit of Arcania: We're Not Allowed To Mention Gothic Anymore :oops:. Are there any new ideas in Risen 3 whatsoever?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The fact that Risen 3 hasn't had a single post in over a month, while Faggot Age Circumcision is over 500 pages long speaks volumes of RPGCodex's true level of decline.

Nobody has anything to say when they find out their favorite uncle died of a heart attack while fucking a five year old. It's awkward silence all around.

Everybody OTOH has a lot to say when they find out their most hated enemy died of crystal meth overdose while taking multiple dicks up the ass from homeless bums lined up behind him fifty men deep.

Turjan

Arcane
Hate is a much stronger emotion than disillusionment.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Risen 3 is an excellent game and very underrated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom