Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Final boss is way too easy to beat. I haven't completed approximately 20% of quests but I was strong enough to eliminate him without dying even once. He was just annoying because of his constant teleporting.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
- You say you're intending to emulate all the good sides that made first Gothic games successes. Do you miss these games ? Is a new sequel planned ?
Of course we could imagine making it. But the requirements are really high. If you ask 3 people to tell their opinions about what is Gothic all about, you get 5 answers. That makes it very difficult to make, what the costumers expect from a new Gothic title.

I would love a new Gothic game, but you don't have to ask me about it.
You only need to ask one type of person: the invested Gothic nerd. I'd be okay with that. No need to ask me. Or anybody else.

Just like Obsidian shouldn't ask ME/DA fans for input on PoE. You're not doing it for "what people like", you're doing it for "what fans liked about these games in particular."

But isn't this the same guy who went something like "Piranha Bytes can't make another Gothic because we suck too much?"

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Final boss is way too easy to beat. I haven't completed approximately 20% of quests but I was strong enough to eliminate him without dying even once. He was just annoying because of his constant teleporting.
I'd rather have way too easy final boss than fucking minigame boss or a broken final combat like in D:OS where the green cunt die round 1 before i even get to move my characters.

Final fight was okay in Risen 3, but the fucking minigame bosses before that were annoying as fuck.
6MFX6cO.gif

Paul_cz

Arcane
This game is incredibly easy for a PB game. I remember how in Gothic 1/2 I could meet enemies that were literally impossible to kill, so I had to level up/get equip and come back.
Not so here, I have been able to kill every single enemy I met on first try.

Still, I play this mostly for the exploration, and it is beautiful and fun to explore.

Renevent

Cipher
My final build

Nice photoshop.
Not photoshop. It's possible with permanent stat increasing potions. I completed the game in 52 hours, explored all islands, solved all possible quests. Except Skull Island, that was kind of pointless. I completed all quests on Skull Island but didn't explore it fully.

But i think if you can get the +10% xp bonus item in Fog Island right after the tutorial then you can max most stats without potions. I found that item too late.

I don't think so...while I didn't have the bonus item right at the beginning, I did get it maybe a few hours later. I've pretty much completed every quest (did't do maybe 3 or 4 of them), explored just about every inch of the world, killed every baddy I ran into, and didn't even come close to having enough xp to max all my stats much less even 2 of them. The only way is via stat potions, though I wasn't able to max them all that way either. Granted I may have missed a bunch of them I guess...right now I'm at 45 hours and at Skull Island so I did take my sweet time.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
My final build

Nice photoshop.
Not photoshop. It's possible with permanent stat increasing potions. I completed the game in 52 hours, explored all islands, solved all possible quests. Except Skull Island, that was kind of pointless. I completed all quests on Skull Island but didn't explore it fully.

But i think if you can get the +10% xp bonus item in Fog Island right after the tutorial then you can max most stats without potions. I found that item too late.

I don't think so...while I didn't have the bonus item right at the beginning, I did get it maybe a few hours later. I've pretty much completed every quest (did't do maybe 3 or 4 of them), explored just about every inch of the world, killed every baddy I ran into, and didn't even come close to having enough xp to max all my stats much less even 2 of them. The only way is via stat potions, though I wasn't able to max them all that way either. Granted I may have missed a bunch of them I guess...right now I'm at 45 hours and at Skull Island so I did take my sweet time.

There are ways to fuck it up with permanent potions by eating the plants (+2 stat/plant versus +5 stat/potion) but I did all the quests except the Fog Island. I already posted my final stats and I think @balmoral is full of shit.

There is no way to maximize all stats in this game therefore I challenge balmorar to upload a in-game video of his character. Do you feel lucky, punk?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
This game is starting to get seriously fucking annoying.

Okay, so I start the game by genociding scavengers, spiders and minions, with the occasional golem.

15 hours later, I'm still genociding scavengers, spiders and minions, with the occasional golem.

WHERE ARE MY FUCKING ORC WARRIORS/LIZARDMEN FFS

and to think the tutorial made it seem like the game will have good enemy variety, Jesus Christ

Renevent

Cipher
I thought the enemy variety was pretty good, though you are kinda right, the game doesn't really progress you to new enemies it kinda just throws everything at you pretty early and you end up fighting them throughout the game.

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
My final build

Nice photoshop.

There are ways to fuck it up with permanent potions by eating the plants (+2 stat/plant versus +5 stat/potion) but I did all the quests except the Fog Island. I already posted my final stats and I think @balmoral is full of shit.

There is no way to maximize all stats in this game therefore I challenge balmorar to upload a in-game video of his character. Do you feel lucky, punk?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/w5sz4pltfscl5lt/risen+3.mp4

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
My final build

Nice photoshop.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w5sz4pltfscl5lt/risen 3.mp4

And I lost because I'm a retard which did not think about this kind of crap: http://www.cheathappens.com/20449-PC-Risen_3_Titan_Lords_cheats

Claim your prize, punk.

Alfons

Prophet
Yeah you fucked up toro. No matter,it's not that outlandish to believe that this piece of shit game has a piece of shit leveling system.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
- Who are you ?
My name is Björn Pankratz and i am Lead Game-Designer, Projectplanner and Storywriter at Piranha Bytes.

- You say you're intending to emulate all the good sides that made first Gothic games successes. Do you miss these games ? Is a new sequel planned ?
Of course we could imagine making it. But the requirements are really high. If you ask 3 people to tell their opinions about what is Gothic all about, you get 5 answers. That makes it very difficult to make, what the costumers expect from a new Gothic title.

Gothic3%202012-03-10%2015-28-53-67.jpg

Name

Cipher
Why do they change the main char anyway?
The content actually makes much more sense if the main char is the same on from 1&2:
(1) Started as high-level char from 2 and got killed
(2) Old friend Bones came to rescue
(3) Patty & Other old crews got stranded
(4) Jaffer has a mentee now, just like he was yours
(5) Reunited with the Inquisitor
And So On.
Even details make much more sense this way, like when you were talking with the admiral, he said "we" succeeded in first defeating a Titan, then stopping the Titan Lord Mara, while the main char was unhappy that the admiral was taking all the credits.

Also this char curses too much. What the fuck.

P.S. They went back to the root of Gothic indeed, but it's Gothic 3.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The content actually makes much more sense if the main char is the same on from 1&2:
And So On.
Even details make much more sense this way, like when you were talking with the admiral, he said "we" succeeded in first defeating a Titan, then stopping the Titan Lord Mara, while the main char was unhappy that the admiral was taking all the credits.

Best guess: PR department swooped in during production and insisted on new PC to avoid alienating new audiences, storyline was changed to "Patty's brother is a totes cool dude" at last minute.

Name

Cipher
And So On.

Best guess: PR department swooped in during production and insisted on new PC to avoid alienating new audiences, storyline was changed to "Patty's brother is a totes cool dude" at last minute.

That's an awful thing to do and comply.
The more I play the game, the more I find out that being the new char does not make sense at all.
For example, the in-game logical reason for your reunion
with the Inquisitor should be obliviously because you have his personal item with you, the titan-seeing monocle.
Now it is just randomly bumping into him as some sort of Underworld gate tour guide.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You mean the PC was not the same dude? I didn't notice, except for the Patty insisting she's my big sis, so I thought I'm playing the same person, but they changed Patty from muh gf to sis.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not the same dude and I wonder why... What Name said makes a lot of sense and a better idea.

BTW you see our hero from 1-2 at last island and have a little chat with him.

Nameless one...
:negative::argh:

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
My final build

Nice photoshop.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w5sz4pltfscl5lt/risen 3.mp4

And I lost because I'm a retard which did not think about this kind of crap: http://www.cheathappens.com/20449-PC-Risen_3_Titan_Lords_cheats

Claim your prize, punk.
It's not cheat, You can make about 10 stat increasing potions for each stat, that's 50 points, you just have to increase your stats to 50 or 55 if you have the legendary item then drink the potions you idiot fuck.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Without any knowladge I easly made 4 stats 105 and all others 80-90. This is after raising magic to 95 and wasting 6 magic +5 potions.
All 105 can be achived without problems if you do all the quests and get all the glory.

Alfons

Prophet
dodging by teleporting around is pretty cool
It would be if it was an actual teleport but it's not,it's just a roll with a different animation and it functions exactly the same.
When you first get it and try to teleport through a mob and your non corporeal body bumps against it you realize how "cool" it is.

Felix

Arcane
I like the animation, I can't have my side stepping at least I don't have to roll-play,

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom