Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

Alfons

Prophet
Why are you being a dick? It's just some dude on a forum but why are you trying to make him waste 50 bucks?

made

Arcane

Hoge was apparently always instrumental in PB's world design. This might explain why Risen 2/3 have had lesser quality exploration/worlds.
Looks like he was responsible for R2 as well.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Is this game worth buying?
I really loved Gothic 1 and 2 back in the day. Gothic 3 and Risen were enjoyable.
I saw on youtube some guy raging about Risen 3 combat unresponsiveness and such.

I guess the brains/people behind Gothic series are not involved in this project.
Does anybody know what projects are they working on now if they're still in the business?
It's a great game, well worth the money. People here just love to be negative and nit pick, that's all.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I think he's asking if the game is worthy pirating? (You can always buy it later on Steam sale. As a Risen bundle for example.)

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I guess the brains/people behind Gothic series are not involved in this project.
Does anybody know what projects are they working on now if they're still in the business?

The brains behind Gothic are gone. One of the PB founders is dead actually. They will be in complete silence about the new game for at least 2 years. But maybe they will release 1 or 2 shitty DLCs for Risen 3.

subotaiy

Cipher
The only ones that I'm aware of still being at PB are Michael Hoge and that bald guy, the model for Lester.

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
My final build

UH20e0u.jpg

Xeon

Augur
Tutorial sucked but I really liked chapter 2 and chapter 3 they were pretty good. The faction quests I really liked the Voodoo quest line the most, kinda wish if there were more Voodoo stuff to do. For the combat style[?] I kinda liked the Demon Hunter more.

You get energy or magic weapon or something that lets you hit melee without getting blocked, Voodoo's bee attack is probably the strongest but kinda slow, Mages you get 3 different elements with Speed passive ability, Demon Hunters you get a Speed active ability.

Spider Boss was kinda hard with getting gang raped by myself while my companion decided to leave me fall without help. Last boss was kinda similar and it kinda sucked with the ability to siphon your health and the probably infinite re-spawnable enemies. ending was kinda of a meh.

Ship battle I had hard time against the third one but I got kinda lucky and it glitched or something, it kept cycling around without attacking or anything so I just kept firing my cannon at it until it died. Overall a pretty good game.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

balmorar

Arcane
My final build

Nice photoshop.
Not photoshop. It's possible with permanent stat increasing potions. I completed the game in 52 hours, explored all islands, solved all possible quests. Except Skull Island, that was kind of pointless. I completed all quests on Skull Island but didn't explore it fully.

But i think if you can get the +10% xp bonus item in Fog Island right after the tutorial then you can max most stats without potions. I found that item too late.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
My final build

Nice photoshop.
Not photoshop. It's possible with permanent stat increasing potions. I completed the game in 52 hours, explored all islands, solved all possible quests. Except Skull Island, that was kind of pointless. I completed all quests on Skull Island but didn't explore it fully.

But i think if you can get the +10% xp bonus item in Fog Island right after the tutorial then you can max most stats without potions. I found that item too late.

OK. That was basically the only island I skipped.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
My final build

Nice photoshop.

Its by the way the most beautiful one I think.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
He was only beaten by some Deus Ex modder that gained it after maybe 20 posts.
But he's modder and the other is simply retard.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
My final build

Nice photoshop.

Its by the way the most beautiful one I think.

I understand. Now I have to play the game again just to experience that island. Or maybe not.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm gonna save this trainwreck game until I can pick it up for roughly $5 with all the DLC and extras and whatnot. I'm pretty certain I won't get ripped off then.

Felix

Arcane
Hey, this is better than Risen 2 but not as good as 1, back to timing based combat is a good start but wtf are 2-handed weapons and shields:x

balmorar

Arcane
- Who are you ?
My name is Björn Pankratz and i am Lead Game-Designer, Projectplanner and Storywriter at Piranha Bytes.

- Is Risen the sequel of Gothic's story ?
Risen is another adventure with its own story but many analogies. The people who made the Risen series are nearly the same like the one who made Gothic and we love rough open worlds with funny dialogues and beautiful handcrafted landscapes. So maybe you can find some elements in both games.

- Can we hope a real return of the open worlds for the upcoming Pirahna Bytes' RPGs ?
Risen 3 is much more open world than its forerunner. But our own demand is high.

- To reassure me, is the cow from Piranha Bytes' logo alright ?
Seeing it being devoured again and again, I fear it won't appear anymore ! Maybe we will find an answer if we ever make a game with PEGI 18.

- Do you intend to work only with Deep Silver, or do you consider working with other, more ambitious, publishers ? Maybe it would allow you to take it to the next level, with more means ?
We ever had the possibility to make game, we wanted to play by ourselves and the cooperation with Deep Silver works well. But what the future will bring, we will see.

- I believe remembering that you intend to get into the development of other genres of games. Could we have more accurate informations on this topic ?
We don't know anything about this rumors. We're really successful in making RPG's and like it, so you could say "Never change a running system". Of course you should never say never, but there is no other genre planned at the moment.

- Risen 3 seems to intend to be much closer to the first opus than to Risen 2. Is it a personal choice from the developers, or are you following the community's reclamations ?
Both of it. With Risen 2 we we wanted to develop a real pirate RPG, so we went too strong into one direction. With Risen 3 we wanted to use all of our forces and of course had a look at what our fans wanted to see, so we made a mixture of fantasy and caribbean setting with a huge world, more choices and interactions

- You say you're intending to emulate all the good sides that made first Gothic games successes. Do you miss these games ? Is a new sequel planned ?
Of course we could imagine making it. But the requirements are really high. If you ask 3 people to tell their opinions about what is Gothic all about, you get 5 answers. That makes it very difficult to make, what the costumers expect from a new Gothic title.

- The last island is purely action-oriented. Why is there such a change of rythm, knowing that everything before the Crow Island is mostly RPG-oriented ?
It is usual to raise the tempo at the end of a game. The player can now use all the skills he got before and feel strong.

- The final boss is very difficult, even in the easiest difficulty. Is that intended to offer a real challenge to the player ?
To master the last boss fight, you have to do everything, you have learned in the game so far. So it might be the hardest fight. But the more quests

- A final world for our readers ?
Thank you very much for your interest. We hope you'll have much fun with Risen 3 and we'll meet again!

- Thanks a lot for this interview.

http://www.rpgfrance.com/dossier-10279-1-interview-pyranha-bytes

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Final boss is very difficult ?!?!?!?!
Goddamn nubs...

Edit: Though I have to admit that it is way more better and difficult then previous games, thanks to adds mostly. But still...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom