Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Brilliant fuckin reply,name one action game that isn't based on timing dumbass.
Go back to Neogaf, please. There's a difference between reactive combat and shitty timing sequences like the games you mentioned.

Deliberate is a good thing.
No, it's not. Not when the games difficulty stems from a forced handicap like that.

Alfons

Prophet
Go back to Neogaf, please. There's a difference between reactive combat and shitty timing sequences like the games you mentioned.
So you are one of those dickheads,duly noted.You don't have even one name you fuckin piece of shit.How about you get back to shoving gerbils up your ass?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Don't bother, he's younger brother of Roguey. Bitchin' about something and not giving better examples. Edgy.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Which one? I was talking about R1 mainly there, and G1/2/fixed3 to an extent

Oh, okay, I meant Ris3n :M

It's also sad that if you decide during a battle to just stand and wait for them to attack so you can exploit it, quite often they will not do anything for 2 or 3 seconds.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Them staredowns with minions when neither party does anything for a longer while are comedy gold.

Tigranes

Arcane
It does accurately simulate Dragon Ball combat, though, where both parties take impromptu tea breaks to give manly stares at each other and give themselves massive erections

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So you are one of those dickheads,duly noted.You don't have even one name you fuckin piece of shit.How about you get back to shoving gerbils up your ass?
Neogaf is that way ======>
Don't bother, he's younger brother of Roguey. Bitchin' about something and not giving better examples. Edgy.
Feel free to join him. Quality of posters has gone off a fucking cliff in the last year or two.

imweasel

The game started off great, but now it is starting to get real repetetive and the fucking inventory is getting on my nerves too (god, I hate this list inventory bullshit). The dialogue is also boring, so I am starting to skip most of it. I have to take a break from the game.

It is of course nowhere near as good as the amazing Risen 1, not even close, but somehow I am starting to get the feeling that is also not even as good as Risen 2, which is saying a lot really.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Are there really a lot of reviewers who claim that Risen 3 is too hard? This guy concedes that it is a "hardcore action RPG", but one where even the hardest enemy in the game can be beaten with a naked level 1 character if the player is sufficiently awesome. He makes it sound like Dark Souls.

Last edited:

SophosTheWise

Cipher
The game started off great, but now it is starting to get real repetetive and the fucking inventory is getting on my nerves too (god, I hate this list inventory bullshit). The dialogue is also boring, so I am starting to skip most of it. I have to take a break from the game.

It is of course nowhere near as good as the amazing Risen 1, not even close, but somehow I am starting to get the feeling that is also not even as good as Risen 2, which is saying a lot really.

Started off great? Did you play the same game as me? Come on, the beginning of the game, especially the first hour, was excruciatingly bad with horrible tropes, horrible writing, horrible characters and horrible quests. I'm hoping it gets better but it already goes on my nerves.

Alfons

Prophet
Amazing tutorial,I like how he really gets into the nitty gritty of the system:"Timed presses allows you to execute attacks faster then if you just mesh LMB".Truly this system is amazing.
I also like the fact the he sucks at the game.

Started off great? Did you play the same game as me? Come on, the beginning of the game, especially the first hour, was excruciatingly bad with horrible tropes, horrible writing, horrible characters and horrible quests. I'm hoping it gets better but it already goes on my nerves.
The most enjoyable part for me was acquiring magic but after an hour or 20 minutes you understand the game still blows,after that the most enjoyable moment is quitting.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Here's the next video in the series:

The purpose of this video is to debunk the myth that rolling is necessary to beat enemies in Risen 3, because very skilled hardcore players can use riposte instead.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
Hey man, my subjective opinion.

Of course but what did you like about the beginning? The sister with boobs or just her dialogue? :smug: No seriously, I found that whole character absolutely atrocious and 10 minutes in the game and you fight giant rats, an hour in and you complete MMO-like fetch-quests? I'm genuinely interested in knowing what you liked

imweasel

Here's the next video in the series:

The purpose of this video is to debunk the myth that rolling is necessary to beat enemies in Risen 3, because very skilled hardcore players can use riposte instead.

You can use the riposte skill to parry, which improves combat immensly. Problem is that you need to time it right and the only way to practice using this skill is to fight enemies,

You get the hang of it after a while, but some people don't have enough patience I guess.

Alfons

Prophet
"Excellent,excellent combat mechanics",this fuckin guy...
This does look more enjoyable,not that it means much but you are basically gimping yourself by using melee anyway.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is this game worth buying?
I really loved Gothic 1 and 2 back in the day. Gothic 3 and Risen were enjoyable.
I saw on youtube some guy raging about Risen 3 combat unresponsiveness and such.

I guess the brains/people behind Gothic series are not involved in this project.
Does anybody know what projects are they working on now if they're still in the business?

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
Above you.

"Mattias Filler drew my attention to this thread. There seem to be some more of this kind, so here's a quick statement for all the curious ones:

1. I wasn't involved in the development of Risen 3

2. As a matter of fact, i did lock myself in for two years to work on a new concept, but not on Gothic. A prototype of this concept is getting implemented by a small core team since the beginning of this month.

3. Before you ask: I cannot give out any infos yet. First of all, we want to take our time with everything and second, this is not the right place for that

Please understand that i don't want to disclose anything yet about the new project. Those who are interested won't have to wait too long for some infos"

Try to get the First Edition, it contains goodies.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom