Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Risen 3: Titan Lords has a luscious new trailer

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Deep Silver; Piranha Bytes; Risen 3: Titan Lords

In a new 12-minute video, Piranha Bytes and Deep Silver tells us why fans of Gothic and Risen should give a shit about Risen 3: Titan Lords. The trailer makes a pretty convincing case of 'going back to the roots', and it doesn't sound bad at all.

Our new trailer explains how Risen 3 takes all the good traits from the Gothic and Risen series to make it the best experience possible. Risen 3 - Titan Lords will be available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC on August 15th 2014.

Spotted at RPGWatch.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
New Hero not only looks like Christian Bale, he has the Nolan!Batman voice down pat as well.

Trailer promises a lot of nice features, but we all know it is the execution that counts and after R2 my expectations are not high.

Greenthumb

Literate
did the MC stab the thing at 5:08 with a mace? also it made an unsheathing sword sound when he removed it

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
If they still allow potion spam, combat will be shit. Just face anything by clicking your mouse button and the potion hotslot number all the time.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Pig-h-ran-yah Byte. Combat looks to be as bad as R2. Other areas look like an improvement. Worth 50-75% off.

Athelas

Arcane
Well, that trailer sure was awkward. 'Hey guys, it's totally gonna be like Gothic/Risen 1, we swear!' Odd since the Gothic series doesn't strike me as having retained a significant following.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
D1P but this is not surprise. However that combat ... it will be twice as worse for DeS/DaS players.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The trailer doesn't look bad, but I became irrationally angry when I saw the hero picking up Water and it being added to the inventory as "Provisions".

sser

Arcane
Developer
I didn't watch the whole thing, just kinda skipped around, but I liked what I saw.

I'm a Risen lackey, though, through and through.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
A 12-minute infornative trailer with actual gameplay footage is :incline: all by itself in this day an age of spaz cutscene trailers. I really like what I see gameplay and content-wise too.

Still not hyped due to overabundance of games.

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
With all the Turn Based INCLINE coming soon, I thankfully have no interest on this at all.

I do however wish PB all the best on this. However, I would love to see you take a chance once your contract is finished with Deep Silver, to go back and make the great strides you did start with the Gothic series. Preferably without a publisher, and just use the Gothic™ trademark of which you now own the rights to. Like say via Kickstarter. I'd back that. :salute:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I would back a remastered Gothic 1 and/or 2. But, let's face it, most of those people are long gone. The sad thing is Risen 1 was perfectly fine... and then it all starting going downhill at the speed of light.

Shannow

Waster of Time
At least PB seem to know what their selling points should be.
The combat still is no G1/2, but expecting a return to that is completely unrealistic. :( The shown combat however looks quite fluid, so perhaps it's better than in previous Risens. But they could at least have gotten rid of potion spam...

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Maybe the magic will have the combat play like Gothic 3, melee is complete arse so you just end up using magic, that must be what they meant by going back to the Gothic series.

catfood

AGAIN
Maybe the magic will have the combat play like Gothic 3, melee is complete arse so you just end up using magic, that must be what they meant by going back to the Gothic series.
Nigga everyone knows that archery is where it's at when it comes to Gothic 3.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks decent enough! Unlike, say, Bioware, PB haven't made several unbelievably shitty games in a row (just one), so I suppose I'm willing to give them another chance. :)

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks decent enough! Unlike, say, Bioware, PB haven't made several unbelievably shitty games in a row (just one), so I suppose I'm willing to give them another chance. :)
They only had the chance to make the first in a row of unbelievably shitty games, give them time.

Well, that trailer sure was awkward. 'Hey guys, it's totally gonna be like Gothic/Risen 1, we swear!' Odd since the Gothic series doesn't strike me as having retained a significant following.
:what: You're not from Central Europe, are you?
Not only central Europe, here in Russia the first two Gothic games are fondly remembered, and still have quite a following. Risen 1 was p. mediocre though, and Risen 2 outright bad.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I would call Risen 1 'good.' Shocking, I know.
Not that shocking, since that's what surprisingly many people think. Even here on the Codex it seems.
For me it wasn't good, because yes, the mechanics and everything were kinda Gothic-ish (which is a good thing), but the total lack of atmosphere, good story, interesting setting and memorable characters made it a really mediocre experience for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom