Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Risen 3: Titan Lords Available for Preorder on Steam

buzz

Arcane
Yeah but only the Necropolis gets invaded, the original concept was for the supermuties to invade each city one by one as time was passing until they reached Vault 13.

murloc_gypsy

Cipher
Will it have vehicle combat? :smug:

Edit: Just watched the trailer on Steam for the first time. So-- fucking-- bland. And why is that lich just standing around while the guy is fighting the worg/dog/wolf? And why isn't the guy using his super-uber magic abilities from the beginning, and instead plays around with the damned dog? I WANT TO KNOW SO I WILL HAVE TO BUY THE GAME NOW AAARGHH

Deleted member 7219

If it is anything like Gothic 3 or Risen, I'm interested. If it is like Risen 2, I'm out.

I'll wait for the reviews and the inevitable sale (probably Winter sale, I've got enough to be getting on with until then).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
With all the turn-based incline coming in... I honestly don't care for these kind of games any more...:M

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
If it is anything like Gothic 3 or Risen, I'm interested. If it is like Risen 2, I'm out.

I'll wait for the reviews and the inevitable sale (probably Winter sale, I've got enough to be getting on with until then).
Take a gander at the gameplay videos

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm only buying this when (and if) I finish Risen 2, and since I will probably be playing Original Sin until Pillars of Eternity is released (are released?), it won't happen anytime soon.

What did that do?

It chills you unto death. Or, more specifically,

Trebor's ghost haunts the dungeon, and will seek you out. If ever you meet him, he will instantly slay you. Eventually, you can dispel the curse you put on him and so end the trouble, but that will be a long time in coming. You will hear him as you both wander the level. There are several things you can hear, which indicate how close he is. If he starts to get close, run for safety on another part of the level (being a ghost, he can pass through walls and over obstacles), or save and reload. In the original version, the ghost moves in real time (yes, the original Wizardry IV was not purely turn-based), so in the main dungeon view you can't be slow about moving around (the ghost does not move when you are in combat, at a pentagram or other event square, or encamped). In the Archives version, he does not move unless you press keys while in the main dungeon view (this includes keys that do not normally do anything).

Decades later Persona 3 would use the same gimmick and be lauded for innovative design. :desu:

GaemzDood

Educated
Looks pretty good. They could do a lot worse. However, I remember liking Gothic II a lot when I got it a little while back, but then it stopped working for some reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom