Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Watch Lara's bum in NextGen fidelity

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I really like the 2013 Tomb raider, but I wish a more focus on the puzle solving and the plattaforming. And this sequel looks well, but looks that doesn'r reach what I want. Too sad. Tomb raider series have a good past to look in, and Crystal dynamics should inspire in the own franchise past to make it shine again. And not shine as a vitamined Uncharted starring Lara croft, which is what is now the franchise.

I hope enjoy Rise of the tomb raider. Hope.

And here's some images from a friend:

2ccl82b.jpg

29nh3m9.jpg

11boxti.jpg

op7bk.jpg

28vui5w.jpg

35me4pt.jpg

1zxphg1.jpg

15yvntc.png

20pyjup.png

a3oap0.png

2hd8tbq.png

2ikcsw8.png

28mlrna.png

59yqu1.png

14ma0er.png

21oofhc.png

Last edited:

Adon

Arcane
"light puzzle-solving" hrm

I don't even play Uncharted so my interest in this game without good, difficult puzzles is very low. Not like I'm a huge fan of the originals either, but I've enjoyed what I've played and can see what makes them good.

spekkio

Arcane
Capcom would be proud. If you can't make a proper gameplay and level design, at least invest in waifus and dress-up minigame (100 costumes).

:thumbsup:

BTW, are the guro deaths in?

:roll:

DemonKing

Arcane
I really enjoyed the 2013 update, and it seems like this is more of the same, which is fine by me. I'll look forward to the PC release early next year.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-30-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-microsoft-square-sales

Microsoft, Square Enix "very happy" with Rise of the Tomb Raider, despite reported sales
"Thanks for the concern."

Microsoft and Square Enix are both "very happy" with Xbox timed-exclusive Rise of the Tomb Raider, director Brian Horton has reassured.

Responding to fans on the Tomb Raider forum in a thread discussing unofficial reports of the title's sales, Horton said his team was focusing on the game's positive reviews and fan feedback (thanks, NeoGAF).

There has so far been no official tally for Rise of the Tomb Raider sales from either publisher Square Enix or platform holder Microsoft.

Horton did not comment specifically on the game's sales performance, but responded to the suggestion that the reported numbers reflected "poorly" on developer Crystal Dynamics.

"I didn't mean to go off topic or patronise, but there was suggestion in the thread that the reported sales numbers reflect poorly on the dev team," Horton wrote.

"Square/Microsoft are happy with Crystal and Eidos Montreal and the game itself. As to the topic of sales, I'm unqualified to discuss it so I won't have anything else to say on this thread."

Elsewhere, Horton reiterated:

"Microsoft and Square are very happy with Rise and the dev team, thanks for the concerns. Crystal and Eidos Montreal made a game we are proud of and we appreciate the overwhelming number of positive reviews and fan feedback.

"We're looking forward to the Game Awards next week where we are nominated for Best Action Adventure and Best Performance for Camilla. Wish us luck, hopefully it's just the beginning of the recognition Tomb Raider and Lara Croft receives this year."

"The dev team is not responsible for sales and therefore we look to reviews and releasing on time to gauge our performance," he concluded. "We accomplished these goals. The press considers Rise of the Tomb Raider a high quality game based on the scores."

Rise of the Tomb Raider launched a little over two weeks ago. It arrived in fourth place in UK all-formats chart, below fellow new entry Fallout 4, plus Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 and FIFA 16.

85 per cent of copies were sold on Xbox One, with the remaining 15 per cent on Xbox 360.

UK numbers company Chart-Track does not publicly disclose sales figures, but it is fair to say that Rise of the Tomb Raider faced stiff competition from the launch of Fallout 4 the same week.

It is also fair to assume Square would not wish to disclose sales numbers that would invite comparisons with the Tomb Raider reboot, which was not a console exclusive and launched simultaneously on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Rise of the Tomb Raider will also launch for PC and PS4, although not until next year.

'k

Drakron

Arcane
It did poorly that hardly a surprise when it released at the same time as FO4 and SC2 LoV.

Also I checked and the game is shit or rather, its the same fucking thing as of 2 years ago but worst since now you have to level up languages to read some shit, the level design managed to be worst since at least the 2013 had some variance on levels, this? its a fucking valley with ruins most of the time, last level is good sure because a city buried under the ice is at least NOT A FUCKING VALLEY WITH SOME RUINS, I cannot even say if its good on itself or just because it looks different now.

Story is trash, writing is trash and there of course a sequel hook so we can have Lara fighting the Evil Organization of Trinity.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Been playing this as a break from Age of Decadence, about ten hours in and i'm bored out of my fucking mind, Lara has become so bloody boring, earnest, dull and serious. No more joking or wisecracks, its all serious business and the writing takes itself soooo fucking seriously, and considering its just silly sub par Uncharted shit, well it ought to have its tongue firmly in cheek like Nathan Drake always has. I'm going back to AoD, having more fun there.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014

Archibald

Arcane
So the new Tomb Raider only sold 250,000 copies and has already been declared a failure. Coincidentally, the CEO of Crystal Dynamics got shitcanned today; http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/135279174310/new-studio-leadership-hi-everyone-after-spending

Who could have predicted that releasing a console exclusive on the least popular console in a series with most of its fanbase on PlayStation on the same day as Fallout 4 could have hurt sales?

Do you have some link where 250k is confirmed? Did short search and came up with bunch of speculations.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So the new Tomb Raider only sold 250,000 copies and has already been declared a failure. Coincidentally, the CEO of Crystal Dynamics got shitcanned today; http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/135279174310/new-studio-leadership-hi-everyone-after-spending

Who could have predicted that releasing a console exclusive on the least popular console in a series with most of its fanbase on PlayStation on the same day as Fallout 4 could have hurt sales?

Do you have some link where 250k is confirmed? Did short search and came up with bunch of speculations.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?s=136c8817fa845ea0e0fce7677c5c3348&t=213135

This thread that is from Infinitron's post has some estimates about 300k in the first week and 640k in three weeks,of course they use vgchartz which aren't known for their accuracy

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014

I don't have the link handy that had the 250k figure, but if I find it again I'll post it. Looks like it may be quite a bit higher, though, if VGChartz is to be believed.

catfood

AGAIN
Didn't the 2013 game also sell poorly at first but then the sales picked up over the course of the following years? I seem to remember reading a news report about the game a year ago stating that it had finally become profitable.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I like how Microsoft and SE both publically stated that they're "satisfied" with the RotTR sales, and how the Crystal Dynamics CEO "left to pursue new career opportunities". These cowards simply can't admit to failure.
It's probably a breach of contract to admit to any sort of fault.

pippin

New Lara looks better than the previous one... more like a human beign and more wouldable than the 2013 incarnation.
But the game barely looks any different as well. I still might buy it when it's on sale, and since this is a western Squeenix game, it might as well debut 40% off.

Martius

Liturgist
Strange, I would think that Microsoft will keep it as only windows10 game.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Why does Lara look so concerned? She killed a small army in the last game.

Campion

Novice
Gee I gotta tell ya guys, I sure can't wait to explore some cramped, glorified corridors and solve limped dick puzzles. Hopefully this time we'll actually be raiding those Tombs they were talking about, and not spending half the time shooting assholes or sitting through cutscenes!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom