Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rise of Industry: A spiritual successor to Industry Giant?

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
https://www.riseofindustry.com

https://af.gog.com/game/rise_of_industry?as=1649904300

nUb8gQ.png
6wV9kl.png
V8VEEc.png

Designed with an eye towards both accessibility and depth, Rise of Industry (formerly known as Project Automata) takes inspiration from classic games like Industry Giant, Transport Tycoon, Anno, and Factorio. There’s enough strategic complexity and replayability to satisfy the most experienced lovers of the genre, while its user friendly mechanics ensure that new players will love it as well.

Take the reins of a small company and grow it into an industrial and financial empire!

Gather resources by building farms, mines, oil and gas wells and many more. From the most basic materials there will be a wide range of products you can manufacture and ship to towns. Keep the economy moving and keep the masses' needs fulfilled.

Facilitate the transportation of both raw and finished products at every stage of production with the help of roadways, trucks, trains, ships, and even zeppelins, all while building your industrial base (or bases) of operations. Each mode of travel has it's own advantages and drawbacks, and it's up to you to sort the logistic puzzle.

Current and Upcoming Features

• Custom Scenario Editor
  • Advanced economic A.I.
  • Procedurally generated maps with different biomes
  • Complex and engaging supply chain simulation
  • Environmental consequences, i.e. pollution, waste, and deforestation
  • Cooperative and competitive Multiplayer
  • Modding API and Steam Workshop support
https://dapperpenguinstudios.itch.io/rise-of-industry
http://store.steampowered.com/app/671440/Rise_of_Industry/

Looks quite neat and I need my Industry Giant 1 fix.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Hard to say, the game isn't even out.

It caught my eye before though, because the graphic style promises fluid performance and really large maps, and they can concentrate on gameplay because no one will buy it for those graphics.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

The gameloop here is that the bigger towns get the more demanding they become and with the compeition and such soon to be implemented i foresee a genuinely challenging title.

It's probably closest to transport fever but where transport fever evolves the vehicles used this game evolves the commodities.

A research tree means you are going to have to start at the bottom to get to the top. Money is NOT easily made and if you wish to remain competitive you are going to have to speculate to accumlate. You are not going to have that 1 transport wonder situation that you are concerned about the polar opposite to RoI.

Instead you will be in a defecit and having to figure out where you have too many trucks doing too much ... fuel, transport, maintenance it ALL costs in this game so you can't just lay on more and more vehicles as you please. Also you are limited to bein able to only distribute to 3 places per product source - this is not a game ender it makes the ware houses and truck depots even more important as you have to balance the network and figure out the most efficient means to move your goods at a profit.

Towns go boom and bust as does the economy and I believe even more is coming with regard to that too. It is also very dynamic and such things never really become "comfortable" as nothing stagnates.

If the MOST important thing is having too much money and not enough challenge I can promise you that is not going to happen here. You can see from the roadmap Alex linked that it will only get even more complex as the updates roll out.

As a massive fan of TTD and open TTD, and someone who owns Transport Fever but ultimately feels that the genre has been far far too easy myself - I couldn't recommend RoI if it were making the same mistakes.

9 feb early access

Last edited:

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's on sale now. Anyone know if it turned out to be good?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom