Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RimWorld - Damned Colonists in Space

sser

Arcane
Developer
Should I research those coolers to prevent heatstroke? Just had an entire colony break to pieces because of it.

sser

Arcane
Developer
It may have been a jungle one on account of the nonstop
HNxxIxF.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The biggest issue with jungle is the fucking plague and malaria that will kill you if you don't have medicine.
Heat-wise, yes - the wood coolers is a must to deploy.
Try not wearing clothes too.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Jungle is one of the hardest biomes due to the aforementioned diseases plaguing (pun intended) your colony. Makes mental breaks happen way more often, which then leads to binges/nude dazes that can quickly lead to huge issues.

As for the heat, cowboy hats and dusters have an inherent bonus to keeping your colonists cool (aswell as warm). Using cloth they provide an additional 23°C heat/cold protection, so you should try and get some of those as soon as possible. Makes surviving heat-waves a lot easier since people will generally die from the combination of diseases and other bad thoughts leading to mental breaks, then going all nude and dying to the heat or you not being able to treat their severe illnesses.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
He could be capable of doing all work and still be horrible due to those traits alone.

0ef2396230.jpg

'Tis but a scratch.

I actually saved and captured him just to see how he would feed himself. Turns out he would just fall unconcious every couple of days due to malnutrition and be fed in my hospital, or simply go on a mental break. Which would result in him doing... nothing.

RK47

Patron
Can the blade arm you get from the alien trooper work as replacement?
Also, my colony is very inefficient with 4 out of 8 unwilling to do manual labor.
I took these guys in, cause they can still mine, construct, craft sculptures and research.
I have a prisoner I'm trying to recruit but it's slow going.
My question is: if I reduce the colony population, can I make it easier to recruit?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My question is: if I reduce the colony population, can I make it easier to recruit?
Yes, unless you are playing on the Random game mode.
The game "wants" a certain population level and will skew events to get there. If you have too many people, there will be plagues, dangers etc. to try to kill them. If you fall below the "target" population, more people will show up.

RK47

Patron
Yeah, so Johannes idea of doing raids to capture slaves won't work out then.
I look at how the camps are generated for player attacks and man the rewards are awful and you are at a serious disadvantage. To overcome most bases, I foresee building a forward base with sandbags, turrets and snipers to draw out the occupants.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Can the blade arm you get from the alien trooper work as replacement?
Also, my colony is very inefficient with 4 out of 8 unwilling to do manual labor.
It can but will be less effective, with manipulation skill limit. It's deadly in melee also. VERY deadly. Train lots of haul animals, huskies, wargs etc. Anyone who can haul enough can be a great help and free almost all of your colonists from hauling.

Johannes

Arcane
The game "wants" a certain population level and will skew events to get there. If you have too many people, there will be plagues, dangers etc. to try to kill them. If you fall below the "target" population, more people will show up.
P. sure that depends on the storyteller you have? Randy won't give a shit about your situation, the others will try to manage it like that.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
P. sure that depends on the storyteller you have? Randy won't give a shit about your situation, the others will try to manage it like that.
Yep. That's exactly what I said. You quoted me saying it :?

sser

Arcane
Developer
If I have two Pyromaniacs... and they love each other... should I just ship them off on some crossworld danger death march? I'm currently doing the best I've ever done (which is not much, but it's always ironman) and I'm worried one of these days their little fire fantasies are gonna go way the fuck out of control and destroy everything.

Zombra

Patron
If I have two Pyromaniacs... and they love each other... should I just ship them off on some crossworld danger death march? I'm currently doing the best I've ever done (which is not much, but it's always ironman) and I'm worried one of these days their little fire fantasies are gonna go way the fuck out of control and destroy everything.
"Should" is a tricky word. If your goal is to dully plod towards an ever more soulless and efficient anthill, then by all means you "should" get rid of the most interesting sounding characters you have. Some might say you're missing the point of the game, but hey, it's your life.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Just a little traumatized after a busted powerline absolutely shredded my colony by exploding dead center in the middle of a bunch of wooden buildings :lol:

B772E05E1B5B2F40FB02EB0F6CC747E6E04EC750

Zombra

Patron
Seriously though, pyromaniacs in Rimworld aren't that bad. You get notified when they go on a spree and it only takes one sane, able-bodied colonist to follow them around and put out every fire they start.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, so Johannes idea of doing raids to capture slaves won't work out then.
I look at how the camps are generated for player attacks and man the rewards are awful and you are at a serious disadvantage. To overcome most bases, I foresee building a forward base with sandbags, turrets and snipers to draw out the occupants.

You can just steal their stuff. Get a jogger/fast walker, ideally with bionic legs, and aggro all the enemies. Then have another colonist raid their stash and get out. Works best for trying to get your hands on their glitterworld medicine/drugs.

http://imgur.com/a/rIIum

You can also just wait for them to die of starvation while they try to chase your runner.

RK47

Patron
Fire is so fucking deadly.
It just takes ONE fucking incendiary launcher raider and the whole colony will get in trouble unless they have that foam tech on hand, and it's gonna cost 75 steel and 1 component to deploy.
The constant micro to put out the fire drove me nuts.

Johannes

Arcane
Fire is so fucking deadly.
It just takes ONE fucking incendiary launcher raider and the whole colony will get in trouble unless they have that foam tech on hand, and it's gonna cost 75 steel and 1 component to deploy.
I don't mind that so much, you can mitigate that by base design anyway. But what's crazy imo is how fast the temperatures rise indoors - throw a molotov on the ground and suddenly it's 100C degrees inside, even when there's nothing burning but the molotov fuel!

I've tried to weaponize this somehow but so far only bee succesful against insectoids - build enough power cable into the same cavern they appeared into, then set it on fire and watch them heatstroke to death. Just be sure to have a way to quickly de-heat to avoid too much of the heat spreading to and staying in your base.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom