Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Wesp5

Arcane
And it does affect me because I will have to either seek older versions of the patch (which are harder to find with each year) or not install them at all (or go with Tessera patch) or install it and spend more time on clicking which options I want and which I don't want. On GOG I can't even install a vanilla version of VtMB (there are ways to deal with it but it requires extra work).

The new option is just another history which you can ignore completely without doing anything. And of course the GOG version only includes the basic patch which has none of this!

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Deleting posts in your profile Cael, now that's weak!

Luckily, I got the power of the Internet to restore things:

Lithium Flower: He's an alt, isn't he?
Crispy: You seem upset. How many questions does it usually take to spot them?
Lithium Flower: I don't get it Crispy.
Crispy How many questions?
Lithium Flower: Twenty, thirty, cross-referenced.
Crispy: It took less than three for Cael, didn't it?
Lithium Flower: He doesn't know?!
Crispy: He's beginning to suspect, I think.
Lithium Flower: Suspect? How can it not know what it is?

Cael

Arcane
Deleting posts in your profile Cael, now that's weak!

Luckily, I got the power of the Internet to restore things:

Lithium Flower: He's an alt, isn't he?
Crispy: You seem upset. How many questions does it usually take to spot them?
Lithium Flower: I don't get it Crispy.
Crispy How many questions?
Lithium Flower: Twenty, thirty, cross-referenced.
Crispy: It took less than three for Cael, didn't it?
Lithium Flower: He doesn't know?!
Crispy: He's beginning to suspect, I think.
Lithium Flower: Suspect? How can it not know what it is?

I deleted it because you lot were spamming it with stupid innuendo and refuse to speak plainly when I asked you to. If you want to say something, just say it instead of posting vague crap.

Wesp5

Arcane
Changing the subject, does anyone remember "Project Vaulderie"? It was supposed to be Bloodlines remade in Unity engine with multiplayer added, improved graphics, etc. Unfortunately Activision interfered and killed the project.

A small correction, CCP killed this project, not Activision. So when the WoD was sold to Paradox they tried to get this made again, but this time it was indeed Activion who were just not interested. So we have to hope that the new WTA game works out, then we might see some Bloodlines sequel after all...

gaussgunner

Arcane
An option at the beginning would actually be a good thing for homophobes, if taken to its logical conclusion.

Straight - disable all same-sex sexual interactions
Gay - disable all heterosexual interactions
Bisexual - enable everything
Undecided - same as Bi, without admitting it to oneself
Trans - same as Bi, just another checkbox for 2017 compliance
Asexual - disable everything, for the "vampires don't have sex" crowd

That means no seduction lines in dialogue, no flirting, no feeding from same-sex blood dolls (add male blood dolls to cover all options), no "sexy" visuals. So if you choose gay or asexual, half the content disappears. :lol:

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I deleted it because you lot were spamming it with stupid innuendo and refuse to speak plainly when I asked you to. If you want to say something, just say it instead of posting vague crap.
Since you asked, I'll try to say this as plainly as I can: You must equip the ring.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Before playing Bloodlines with new optional Wesp's patch:

nosferatu.jpg

After playing it :

louis-and-lestat.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
As long as you don't make others around the table uncomfortable, you can be haemaphrodite for all I care.

See, this is the thing I don't get. On the one hand, you lot yell about special snowflakes offended at the faintest of provocations, but on the other hand you become "uncomfortable" about the barest whiff of gay anywhere. Who exactly is the snowflake here? 'Cuz from where I'm at this looks a lot like a being-more-offended competition which is really fucking dumb.
What kind of communist are you?! Shame for the mother party !
Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-287-0872-28A%2C_Russland%2C_Hinrichtung_von_Partisanen.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Which makes it even worse because you presume to speak for homosexuals. If the vote for same sex marriage fails here it is because of people like you, not because others hate homosexuals. Get it through your thick skull: people do NOT like being preached to or made to feel ashamed for having an opinion. Learn the lessons of Clinton v Trump and Brexit and learn to debate and discuss or shut the fuck up. Your holier-than-thou shit only makes things WORSE for those people trying to gain acceptance.

As someone from a minority background, I should know. Stop speaking on my behalf, you arrogant prick! I do not need your ubermench protection.
I'm not straight, either. See, you keep presuming things, yet accuse others of doing so. I did discuss things, even scientifically. It's objective fact that Carmilla by Le Fanu features a lesbian vampire as one of its main characters and it predates even Dracula. It's objective fact that there is homosexuaity in the source material for VtM, it's objective fact that vampires represent aristocratic detachment and parasitism, narcissistic decadence and moral failing. You are the one who jumps to (the wrong) conclusions and starts preaching without any provocation. Also, just to be clear, "exterminate the gays" is not a valid opinion to have. Neither is "they are unnatural abominations that nature itself is against", which is built on another presumption, one which thinks it knows what a non-sentient abstract concept 'wants'. So maybe people are right to make you ashamed for holding those opinions. Maybe you should get it through your thick skull that not every opinion is equally valid and justified.
My stand on fags is very simple. If they act like normal people and keep their sex life to themself unless asked,and can take a fag joke,they are ok. I even have few possible fag friends,don't mind it because they are normal people. Now those faggots at the pride.....well burn them with passion,should be hanged from the Christmas tree !

fobia

You seem to be
very simple
in many regards, so why not keep your beliefs to yourself or share them with your
possible fag friends
and maybe you'll come to turns with yourself and then can act like
normal people
again.

Meanwhile people who care about the games and mods that are discussed here can continue reading these forums and maybe even contributing, withouth having to skip through countless shitposts.
I know you're not a single offender, and as you've stated you have more time to yourself than ways to kill it. So why not ask DU for GD access?
I'm sure you can find a handful of лева to convince him.

Just trying to be helpful and supportive here! :salute:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You actually don't really care about homosexuals as you claim and just want to get your own gratification by trolling.
Yeah, I was reading before about how minorities hate it when majority members stand up for their rights or speak out against discrimination. That fits right in with what civil rights groups always say: "Straight white males should never advocate equal rights! Those darn meddlers!" :lol:

lol, the champion of plain speaking.

Here's a plain, straightforward question for you: are you angry about sexual orientation appearing on the character sheet? Looking forward to your plain, straightforward answer. :lol:

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You seem to be
very simple
in many regards, so why not keep your beliefs to yourself or share them with your
possible fag friends
and maybe you'll come to turns with yourself and then can act like
normal people
again.

Meanwhile people who care about the games and mods that are discussed here can continue reading these forums and maybe even contributing, withouth having to skip through countless shitposts.
I know you're not a single offender, and as you've stated you have more time to yourself than ways to kill it. So why not ask DU for GD access?
I'm sure you can find a handful of лева to convince him.

Just trying to be helpful and supportive here! :salute:
Nah i am ok in rpg section,it is my passion after all. Also please take hint from the picture in my previous post mate. The rope necklaces will look fabulously around your neck. Also you are here from feb and have only 115 parrots.... yea you discuss a lot mate.

hello friend

Arcane
I still haven't gotten an answer why people are against what someone does on his free time that affects them no way?
He can do whatever he wants, doesn't mean I can't show my disgust towards his recent "work". And it does affect me because I will have to either seek older versions of the patch (which are harder to find with each year) or not install them at all (or go with Tessera patch) or install it and spend more time on clicking which options I want and which I don't want. On GOG I can't even install a vanilla version of VtMB (there are ways to deal with it but it requires extra work).
lol he doesn't work for you man

why don't you make your own mod

bitch

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Ok. Read half this thread, reinstalled, restarted a few times, played until the sewers, got angry and want to replay Deus Ex instead. Again.

I might opt for NOLF 1/2 this time.

but the insistence EVERYWHERE
this is a mod for one of the gayest games made by a gay man and founded on flaming bdsm themes and fiction

are you ok

One of the first things you do in the game, after being infected with "vampirism" (AIDS) during a night of casual sex, is "embracing" a drunk guy in a dark alley and suck on his neck so hard that blood comes out. Meanwhile a smiling biker dude (your "mentor", a wiser, older gay man) watches from the shadows, nodding approvingly. Afterwards he will even tells you that God has forsaken you and if you "go outside" during the day (clear metaphor for coming out of the closet) you will "explode into flames". Later on you and your gay buddy have to run away from "werewolves" (obvious stand-in for homophobes), they are invincible to demonstrate that you can't defeat prejudice with your fists. You have to literally and figuratively slam the door on their (society's) face. And at the end you are invited to open the big box thing and peek inside (tempted into going back inside the closet in order to be successful in business), with the ensuing result of accepting the proposal being a poignant representation of your personal life crumbing into shambles.

If you play as a female, it's just a game about vampires though.

Old One

Arcane
Of course it's possible that being gay, and thinking about being gay a lot, causes you to read things into the material whether it's actually there or not.

Vampirism was around long before AIDS, so that's not an obvious allegory. What did vampirism represent before the 1980s? Homosexuals aren't the only people who have casual sex. Grabbing a bum and draining him is more like treating him as food instead of human - also, is it normal for gay men to "embrace" bums? I never knew. I also never noticed Jack "watching." It's more like he stands there indifferently. I don't think it's at all clear that "going outside" is a metaphor for coming out of the closet. "Explode into flames..." Wait, what is that supposed to mean again? You'll start lisping let your hand dangle with a limp wrist? Werewolves are not an "obvious" stand-in for homophobes. They cold just as easily - and more likely - represent the savagery of nature. Also, they're not invincible, so apparently you can defeat prejudice by crushing it. If being gay requires you to slam the door on society, is it any wonder society rejects gay people? Further, I never considered Nines to be my "buddy." He was more like an irritating git I had to put up with - one of many. There is no obvious connection between an ancient sarcophagus and a closet, and "curiosity killed the cat" is a much simpler description for the ending's motivation.

Things that are "obvious" to you are not obvious to everyone. Objectivity is different from subjectivity.

Of course it's possible that being gay, and thinking about being gay a lot, causes you to read things into the material whether it's actually there or not.

Vampirism was around long before AIDS, so that's not an obvious allegory. What did vampirism represent before the 1980s? Homosexuals aren't the only people who have casual sex. Grabbing a bum and draining him is more like treating him as food instead of human - also, is it normal for gay men to "embrace" bums? I never knew. I also never noticed Jack "watching." It's more like he stands there indifferently. I don't think it's at all clear that "going outside" is a metaphor for coming out of the closet. "Explode into flames..." Wait, what is that supposed to mean again? You'll start lisping let your hand dangle with a limp wrist? Werewolves are not an "obvious" stand-in for homophobes. They cold just as easily - and more likely - represent the savagery of nature. Also, they're not invincible, so apparently you can defeat prejudice by crushing it. If being gay requires you to slam the door on society, is it any wonder society rejects gay people? Further, I never considered Nines to be my "buddy." He was more like an irritating git I had to put up with - one of many. There is no obvious connection between an ancient sarcophagus and a closet, and "curiosity killed the cat" is a much simpler description for the ending's motivation.

Things that are "obvious" to you are not obvious to everyone. Objectivity is different from subjectivity.

F636xiP.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom