Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Wesp5

Arcane
You could play this 10 years from now, and they would still look good. Might be the UP polishes them up a bit, but it can't make that much of a difference. Or maybe it does, how would I know?

No, the patch didn't improve the NPC facial expressions which are still top of the line today together with HL2, and only recently Rage got close, while all Bethesda, Unreal and other engine games are still far off 10 years later!

Wesp5

Arcane
I have a question for the WoD experts here, can Ghouls sprout claws? Like are the claws of the Ghouls in Grout's mansion actual claws or claw like weapons fixed to their gloves?

typical user

Arbiter
No, the patch didn't improve the NPC facial expressions which are still top of the line today together with HL2, and only recently Rage got close, while all Bethesda, Unreal and other engine games are still far off 10 years later!

Hasn't LA Noire been better in that regard? Witcher 3 also has good facial expressions, they are subtle which I like more than VtM:Bloodlines in-your-face style as well as over-exaggarated body gestures.

I have a question for the WoD experts here, can Ghouls sprout claws? Like are the claws of the Ghouls in Grout's mansion actual claws or claw like weapons fixed to their gloves?

I assumed these were some kind of gauntlets/bracers. Ghouls are still humans plus Malkavians don't have Gangrels powers to form claws so I think there is zero chance for them to even inherit such skill, correct me if I'm wrong, I played only PnP Masquarade.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

15000.jpg

15001.jpg

Wesp5

Arcane
Well, the problem with the origal ghouls in Grout's mansion is that they not only have some kind of claws, but the did aggravated damage as well. I fixed this in the UP, but would there be any way for a Malkavian to create something like this?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Well, the problem with the origal ghouls in Grout's mansion is that they not only have some kind of claws, but the did aggravated damage as well.
Maybe these claws are made from silver? Although I'm not sure if silver does aggravated damage to vampires (to werewolves definitely). Storyfag Delterius ?

Wesp5

Arcane
Maybe Grout somehow implanted the claws into his Ghouls? They really are part of their body and not only connected to the gloves they wear. After all he is a medic doing weird experiments with his victims and he has an operation hall right in his mansion! Are there ways to poison claws to do aggravated damage or should I better keep them as lethal for now?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe Grout somehow implanted the claws into his Ghouls? They really are part of their body and not only connected to the gloves they wear. After all he is a medic doing weird experiments with his victims and he has an operation hall right in his mansion! Are there ways to poison claws to do aggravated damage or should I better keep them as lethal for now?
Well ... you should keep it aggravated as originally designed even if it isn't lore-friendly, because otherwise that level becomes a cakewalk. Is the goal of modding to make the game better or to make it conform to a rulebook?

BlackGoat

Arbiter

Hasn't LA Noire been better in that regard? Witcher 3 also has good facial expressions, they are subtle which I like more than VtM:Bloodlines in-your-face style as well as over-exaggarated body gestures.

Witcher 3, yes. Great expressions. L.A. Noire,

nah.

They had the tech, they just didn't know how to use it

Delterius

Arcane
Well ... you should keep it aggravated as originally designed even if it isn't lore-friendly, because otherwise that level becomes a cakewalk. Is the goal of modding to make the game better or to make it conform to a rulebook?
Well, I thought the goal of Wesp5 's mod was to try and implement as much of Troika's vision as possible, hence all the restorations. You can't argue that Troika didn't intend the aggravated damage for those ghouls. If people need some justification for why Grout's loony castle has unconventional things, its up to them.

Wesp5

Arcane
Well, I thought the goal of Wesp5 's mod was to try and implement as much of Troika's vision as possible, hence all the restorations.

Exactly, and sometime I get caught in situations where Troika's work does not fit the PnP canon, and people try to convince me to change it to one side or the other. Right now I will keep with Troika's vision and restore these claws to be aggravated! Speaking of which, I also restored a medieval broadsword. Could this do aggravated damage because it is holy?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Well, the problem with the origal ghouls in Grout's mansion is that they not only have some kind of claws, but the did aggravated damage as well.
Maybe these claws are made from silver? Although I'm not sure if silver does aggravated damage to vampires (to werewolves definitely). Storyfag Delterius ?

Only the rare Vampire is allergic to silver.

Wesp5
If you want to make Grout's mansion a dangerous place, why not assume each and every enemy there is a ghoul? Grant them Potence/Celerity/Fortitude.

Wesp5

Arcane
If you want to make Grout's mansion a dangerous place, why not assume each and every enemy there is a ghoul? Grant them Potence/Celerity/Fortitude.

I don't want to make Grout's mansion more dangerous. I'm just working on restoring as many weapons as possible to their original stats for the 9.6 final, because some of these changes were made years ago when somebody persuaded me to do something because it would better fit the lore. Like removing aggravated damage! Since then though I think I learned that Bloodlines doesn't much care about the weapon and discipline lore in the first place and at least for basic it should be as close as possible to the released version...

makiavelli747

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Village Idiot Shitposter
You should stop shitposting.
That was not a shitpost. He turned this game into Oblivion-like game(take for example Vandal's quest, or Romero's).
He doesn't bother about WoD, rpg-mechanics or original atmosphere, but all he is doing is changing back and forth combat stuff... disciplines, damage stats, etc.

Wesp5

Arcane
He doesn't bother about WoD, rpg-mechanics or original atmosphere, but all he is doing is changing back and forth combat stuff... disciplines, damage stats, etc.

Original atmosphere and rpg-mechanics haven't been changed. And I care about as much about the WoD as Troika, as I more or less only know what I learned from Bloodlines ;)! Let's second guess, you are a True Patch supporter, right? Who probably never played the patch to check out the restorations in the first place...

HansDampf

Arcane
That was not a shitpost. He turned this game into Oblivion-like game(take for example Vandal's quest, or Romero's).
How does the UP change Vandal's and Romero's quests?

To be fair though, Bloodlines has also this.
WAly2Aa.jpg

makiavelli747

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Village Idiot Shitposter
Let's second guess, you are a True Patch supporter, right? Who probably never played the patch to check out the restorations in the first place...
No, unlike you I've played every mod for VtM Bloodlines 100 times. Camarilla Edition, clan quest... about a month or two ago I replayed your basic and plus patch.
You fucked up game's difficulty when you unlocked backgrounds without increasing difficulty of skillchecks - just another example
How does the UP change Vandal's and Romero's quests?
You can shoot zombies and then take quest to bring him whore.
Same in Vandal's quest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom