Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Wesp changed up that was rather fucking bizarre. Like Wesp made the ghost dude in that Hotel show up more times than he's supposed to.

How is he supposed to appear?

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Wesp changed up that was rather fucking bizarre. Like Wesp made the ghost dude in that Hotel show up more times than he's supposed to.

Do you mean how many times is he supposed to appear?

Yes.
I don't fucking know. It takes away from the scare factor if he shows up too many times. Like, I think, if you run down a certain hallway, he's not supposed to show up, but he does in the Wesp patch. I don't remember exactly or all the details, but Tess used to have it up on his page or maybe it was a discussion I ran into. Not even sure anymore.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Yes.
I don't fucking know. It takes away from the scare factor if he shows up too many times. Like, I think, if you run down a certain hallway, he's not supposed to show up, but he does in the Wesp patch. I don't remember exactly or all the details, but Tess used to have it up on his page or maybe it was a discussion I ran into. Not even sure anymore.

Was this from the Basic or Plus patch of Wesps?

Jazz_

Arcane
Is the boss fight against the chinese woman who turns into a giant squid/slug looking monster avoidable? Because in the dialogues before the fight it seemed that I managed to convince her I was on her side and we were in good terms, but then she attacked me anyway, and that felt weird and illogical to me, I was sure I was going to walk away without having to fight her.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Yes.

Was this from the Basic or Plus patch of Wesps?
It was basic. You're making me try to remember, but I think if you go down one of those halls in the entrance-area where it leads to a barricaded door and look back the ghost dude comes at you. He's only supposed to do this once, but I think it was that the basic patch puts it to if you go down the other side of the main entrance to the exact same dead-end hall (exactly like the other side) he comes out again.

pippin

Is the boss fight against the chinese woman who turns into a giant squid/slug looking monster avoidable? Because in the dialogues before the fight it seemed that I managed to convince her I was on her side and we were in good terms, but then she attacked me anyway, and that felt weird and illogical to me, I was sure I was going to walk away without having to fight her.

You aren't supposed to side with her, actually. That's all I can say without spoiling too much. Yeah, the boss fight is pretty shitty, but if you have Thaumaturgy, go for that. It's hilarious.

pippin

Siding with Ming Yao

latest

Not being able to have a fight with Ming Xiao when she turns on you is one of the big oversights that shouldn't have happened.

Jazz_

Arcane
You aren't supposed to side with her, actually. That's all I can say without spoiling too much. Yeah, the boss fight is pretty shitty, but if you have Thaumaturgy, go for that. It's hilarious.

Well I finished the game already, so no spoilers. And I know pretty much all the endings from youtube. The thing is that it felt absolutely illogical that she attacked me after I convinced her I was on her side and we were getting along, it kinda felt like a bug or maybe some plus patch messy restored content? Dunno.

Nah. You're still an outsider to her and not to be trusted. You're clearly way too powerful and a risk to let un-live. You're done as soon as you've out-un-lived your usefulness.

Wesp5

Arcane
Why did Wesp add a couple of pointless sentences back to Jack's dialog in the tutorial that were obviously meant for an earlier revision where Jack would first talk to you inside the building.

I didn't know the discussion was on here again ;). Yes, I know these restorations were a little bit weird, but I just couldn't let go of his great lines. And no, there shouldn't be anything similar later, but some things like the improvised Sabbat ending aren't perfect...

Oh, and I didn't add more encounters with the male ghost at the Ocean House. As usual this was probably just invented by Tessera to make my patch look bad! I will remove his shadow staying behind after he has already vanished in the next UP version though :).

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
Is there a full documentation of the changes in Basic and Plus patches?

Yes, you can find it at the end of the patch readme. And no, not every single added line is listed there.

Also, it would be nice to have a third version with bugfixes and restored content but without the liberties you've taken regarding gameplay, skill checks, the library mission etc. Is this something you are willing to consider?

No. Basically most of the restored content includes liberties, because I didn't know what Troika exactly planned to do. Also there is little left in gameplay and skill check changes and I will revert some weapon stats already in the next patch.

Wesp5

Arcane
Not being able to have a fight with Ming Xiao when she turns on you is one of the big oversights that shouldn't have happened.

I agree. This ending was a joke because my Toreador with Celerity maxed would have taken out her goons in a second, only to then dismember her the same way he did in her temple...

I agree. This ending was a joke because my Toreador with Celerity maxed would have taken out her goons in a second, only to then dismember her the same way he did in her temple...

Yeah, it wouldn't even have required much of Troika's resources to correct. Just have the normal Ming Xiao fight + constant streams of gun mooks running in. If you win then get the choice of either opening the sarcophagus yourself or shoving it in the ocean like Ming Xiao did. If the latter cut to the scene with Jack talking with the mummy about how you spoiled his little joke but congratulating you on handling things well anyway.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, it wouldn't even have required much of Troika's resources to correct. Just have the normal Ming Xiao fight + constant streams of gun mooks running in. If you win then get the choice of either opening the sarcophagus yourself or shoving it in the ocean like Ming Xiao did. If the latter cut to the scene with Jack talking with the mummy about how you spoiled his little joke but congratulating you on handling things well anyway.
Don't be silly, you guys. The whole point of that ending was that you should have been more careful who you trusted. Changing it to "punching things saves the day" would be beyond feeble. Have MX poison your Pepsi or something if you need to justify it so bad.

Don't be silly, you guys. The whole point of that ending was that you should have been more careful who you trusted. Changing it to "punching things saves the day" would be beyond feeble. Have MX poison your Pepsi or something if you need to justify it so bad.

There's no reason to assume that the player trusted her or hadn't planned to backstab her from the beginning anyway. In the end it's plain stupid to declare yourself True Camarilla/Anarch from the beginning and then fight both sides at their full strength rather than use the #2 power to help kill the #1 power in the city, then kill off the #2 power and declare the city to be Camarilla/Anarch.

Also Vampires don't drink Pepsi.

Lhynn

Arcane
Storyfags... Storyfags never change.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom