Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

almondblight

Arcane
Even if you're just looking for something "fun," presence is better. In addition to the straight debuff, you get enemies running away from you and cowering in fear.

Martyr

Arcane
Holy crap, i'm having a blast with this game. The whole Jeanette/Therese story was awesome and i also really liked that haunted house quest.
haha, I was 11 when this game got released and the haunted hotel scared the crap out of me. such a great game, brilliant atmosphere. Troika really was something special.

gaussgunner

Arcane
Holy crap, i'm having a blast with this game. The whole Jeanette/Therese story was awesome and i also really liked that haunted house quest.
Yeah, those are the most memorable characters & atmosphere for sure. Rest of the game is good though, and you're just getting started. I almost finished on my 3rd playthru. I keep finding sidequests and shit that I missed before, so that keeps it interesting even though the story is totally linear. The only major letdowns, as everyone says, are the endgame and the sewer warrens; too much trash combat. The sewers are actually pretty cool other than that.

Makin' me want to play again. Once a year sounds right. Just need to make a character with completely different skills to change up my tactics and dialogue choices.

Starwars

Arcane
Every time I replay this game I have this sort of optimistic feeling of "eh... maybe it really isn't all as bad as I remember after Hollywood/when you go into the sewers".

And it always proves me wrong, so very wrong.

:negative:

Okagron

Prophet
Reached Chinatown and i think i have an unpopular opinion: i didn't find the sewers to be that bad. I guess because i went there with enough ammo to supply a small army, it made that whole section quite a breeze. Specially because Colt Anaconda just destroys enemies that it almost becomes hilarious.

29 hours in and my overall impressions with the game are very positive.

Vibalist

Arcane
The sewers are not nearly as bad as the endgame parts. It's a long, boring dungeon, yes, but the endgame is not one, not two, but three long boring dungeons in sequence, the Kuei Jin temple being the ultimate low point.

I almost side with the asian bitch just to avoid it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The sewers are not nearly as bad as the endgame parts. It's a long, boring dungeon, yes, but the endgame is not one, not two, but three long boring dungeons in sequence, the Kuei Jin temple being the ultimate low point.

Yeah but they are only that on the first playtrough,on replays you can just stop playing when you get to it.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

Yeah but they are only that on the first playtrough,on replays you can just stop playing when you get to it.
Going through it all is worth it, just to get to the ending cutscene and then the badass end credits.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It's all just fucking punk edgerock or some form of shitty 2000s electronic. I get that this is the 'aesthetic' that VTM is supposed to have, but I just cannot stand it. The entire game is edgy in overly edgy in general.

Okagron

Prophet
My favorite character in Chinatown is Mr. Ox.
There are so many characters i like in this game. Venus, Gary Golden, Lacroix, Strauss, Beckett, Jeanette/Therese, Pisha, VV and even Mercurio. Heck, i even like Arthur Kilpatrick, the guy who runs the Bail Bond place.

Last edited:

gaussgunner

Arcane
It's all just fucking punk edgerock or some form of shitty 2000s electronic. I get that this is the 'aesthetic' that VTM is supposed to have, but I just cannot stand it. The entire game is edgy in overly edgy in general.

Yeah, I hear that. I don't mind that music when I'm playing this game, but normally I listen to 70s-80s metal and other shit. There's one group I kinda like, Darling Violetta (intro music and Empire Hotel), and their other songs are more jazz than metal. Still pretty edgy, and too California sounding, but I think it's kinda cool.

EverlastingLove

Learned
Clan Quest Mod 4.0 i almost finished and the targeted release date for the release of the mod is October 31st this year!

It's been some time since the last update, but a lot of work continues to be put towards the development of Clan Quest Mod 4.0 and an initial release is closer now than ever! The targeted release date for the release of the mod is October 31st, staying in the spirit of Halloween, but if work reaches completion before then, an earlier release may be announced sooner. Some updates are already being planned for 4.1, including integration/update with the newest version of the Unofficial Patch. Until then enjoy this next character preview.

Progress Report
Maps/Environment: 100%

Writing/Dialog: 100%

Programming / Cut Scenes: 95%

Most of what's left here involves tying up loose ends, fixing bugs and doing integration testing with some of the other mods integrated with Clan Quest Mod.

Voice: 100%

Models: 100%

Those of you that have been closely following the mods development may remember that in previous progress reports on the mod, this category of work was stalled out for a a long period of time. Since then, two artists, have stepped forward and done some astonishing work that fulfilled the most critical needs the mod needed. Kudos to Xaltar and Daniel Williams!

Here's the newest teaser:

:bounce:

Finally, here comes my 11th playthrough of Bloodlines :)

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
Every time I replay this game I have this sort of optimistic feeling of "eh... maybe it really isn't all as bad as I remember after Hollywood/when you go into the sewers".

And it always proves me wrong, so very wrong.

:negative:

Get a proper female body model. or hell, mod your config to link to different body model like Malk's. Then you will forget the tedious sewer with THAT waving on your monitor.

If your Bloodlines game doesnt rate NSFW activity, or NSF Family, you aint playing it right.

When Clan quest mod 4.0 will be out, I feel like the sabbat road will be the best path to take in game because you will be able to avoid the endgame.

does cqm 3.1 have the shortcut to skip the last boring areas (sewers, freeing the nosferatu)? Been a while since I played it..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom