Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisited Silent Storm

Snufkin

Augur
After playing it on my old pc that made this game very sluggish and unplayable i decided to revisit it now with new PC and i have to say its good game. My only complains were those walking auto suits that you could kill and equip yourself. Very bad idea for WW2 game i would say. Best thing was destroying walls with rocket launchers. Also snipers dominate in this game, finished game solo with one. So whats your guys opinion on SS?

Angthoron

Arcane
It is a great game and it's a shame so few games were made on that engine. I remember looking at it and thinking that this is how games will be in a few years.

Heh.

Heh heh.

Hee.

spectre

Arcane
Heroes of might and magic V was also made on that engine, believe it or not.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
After playing it on my old pc that made this game very sluggish and unplayable i decided to revisit it now with new PC and i have to say its good game. My only complains were those walking auto suits that you could kill and equip yourself. Very bad idea for WW2 game i would say. Best thing was destroying walls with rocket launchers. Also snipers dominate in this game, finished game solo with one. So whats your guys opinion on SS?
Pretty much the same. I didn't like Panzerkleins either, but the good thing is that you can totally finish the game without using them, even on a first run, since it doesn't really require metaknowledge.

Snufkin

Augur
Panzerkleins are very easy if you shot them in the head with laser. They sometimes take 40 , but often laser in the head hits them for 130+ and thats enough for one shot kill. However i completed game only on normal dificulty, and i heard on impossible enemies are 2 lvls higher. Mayhby i will try impossible dificulty and play engineer who drives PK? Hmm..

Snufkin

Augur
Allright, on impossible dificulty you can save Woot.. O_o

Edit: you can save on impossible but not during combat

Last edited:

Jazz_

Arcane
Is there a way to change the difficulty midway thru in this game? I chose ''normal'' at the start but it's too damn easy, no challenge whatsoever. :M

laclongquan

Arcane
We really need a sticky for SS new player: Warning! Choose hardest difficulty, or else!

Anyway, so far there's no easy or even medium easy to change it. The only method is pretty difficult. Modder's difficulty, I say.

But never fear, you can just change to the other campaign: Axis. Three Allied nationality get you the Allied campaign, three Axis, Axis'. The generated story can be different, depend on how you conduct your mission and the random number god.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
About what are you talking about? You can easily use custom difficulty, and everyone knows that fist mission when you don't spend any points on character is hellish on ironman difficulty. Especially with scouts.

I think increase in recovery time is needed, at least you'd appreciate medic skills. Other than that, when someone is not saving and reloading, you can get fucked up quite easily.

Jazz_

Arcane
About what are you talking about? You can easily use custom difficulty, and everyone knows that fist mission when you don't spend any points on character is hellish on ironman difficulty. Especially with scouts.

I think increase in recovery time is needed, at least you'd appreciate medic skills. Other than that, when someone is not saving and reloading, you can get fucked up quite easily.

There's no Ironman mode or Custom Difficulty option in the game I'm playing, you are probably thinking about Silent Storm:Sentinels.

wyes gull

Savant
I'd forgotten how in Storm the enemy soldiers talk crap at you and among them. I particularly like that one german who was proud to have "surfed" his country. Then again that's the only thing missing in Sentinels (that and the odd character).

If you do want to play both, restart and play on impossible. Don't forget never to leave mission map until the button is green, otherwise you're missing an objective and might fuck something up. And be wary of subzones that need to be accessed via portals rather than the button. On the other hand if you just want to play one of them, play Sentinels, it's pretty much better at everything.

Last edited:

Abhay

Augur
Underrated classic!
This and Commandos 2 are the only tactical games that I keep returning to play again. The way destructible environments add so much to the tactical depth of the gameplay is something I've never seen in any of the modern games today despite their big budget :(

Nirvash

Liturgist
I remember the secret ninja you can get in early random map mission, he had like 2-3 ap trowing star after some lvs, a monster.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I remember the secret ninja you can get in early random map mission, he had like 2-3 ap trowing star after some lvs, a monster.
That's Silent Storm Sentinels. And I'm quite pissed about it because, either you ravage all caches, or you can't get out from problems caused by 1. no free healing. 2. lack of money when you don't loot stuff.

Jazz_

Arcane
Does anyone know what the mod ''always critical'' does? I can't find a description anywhere. Makes you and the enemies less ''bullet spongy'' I guess?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Headshots are critical.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom