Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revenge of the Persian: Let's play Wing Commander special missions!

Unwanted
Shitposter
Nazi death cult center of jew medicine avoidance
There was not much of a plot in the first game, which makes sense for a war game. For SM 1 it's pretty disconnected, too. For the second one it makes more of a plot and relates more to the main character. However I didn't really like how they had simply 'view storyline' in WC 2 it seemed pretty artificial. There was more content but a lot more of it was kind of boring.

SRHbXs5.png

EXk8vnz.png

sDcZcd9.png

cCuelim.png

i7YLapE.png

Just some krants guarding a ralari. However something unexpected happens.

Unwanted
Shitposter
v2St0k5.png

7I9YkmX.png

iZvlatM.png

0bLmBLA.png

72nEIKn.png

The End...for now.

I realized I don't actually have the secret missions 2 any more so it may be a while before I get to it.

I may skip to WC 2. I dislike how they make you fly in the broadswords and the whole mega shields + mega torpedoes nonsense but I know I got through it before so maybe I'll go again.

For Secret Missions I give an 8/10. It's more linear, and the missions are rather uneven and sometimes don't make any sense. Still very nice, though.

Hope you guys enjoyed it. If I get bored maybe I will do the escape sequence, death of tiger's claw sequence, and take down the gwynhyvar.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't have SM2? It's all in the GOG version, man. Where are you playing this from?

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think, comparatively, they're great works of storytelling. You can't hate on 4, it's got Malcom McDowell! Prophecy was a shitbag, however.

Someone needs to do an LP of Privateer 2. That game was ambitious.

Unwanted
Shitposter
Privateer 2. Now there's one I never played.

I tried an LP of WC 2 but somehow it got jacked up. I can't seem to make it go into full screen.

I will try another of these for sure, though. Maybe Privateer 2 unless someone has one they really want.

I could do SM 2, WC 3, WC 4, or try and get WC 2 going. Probably be a while before I go into it because it takes a decent effort to post all those pics for each post.

WC 3 was my favorite for story. WC 4 was ok, too. However, those were pretty bad on game mechanics. Especially 4. Basically you could not kill anything without missiles, and missiles were almost a guaranteed kill. It was just very stupid. The mondo bossman in WC 4 I took out in one pass by firing all my missiles at once!

I might do a video LP for the next one if I can figure things out.

Saduj

Arcane
The best part of WC4 was that the admiral who was such a shit towards you in WC2 (McDowell's character) finally got his.

I didn't think Privateer 2 was well received but I kind of liked it. Although it was a weird choice to keep the franchise name and set it in a different universe. Never did get through the main story on that one.....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom