Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revenge of the Persian: Let's play Wing Commander special missions!

Unwanted
Shitposter
Nazi death cult center of jew medicine avoidance
WZRxZM3.png

4y8mchk.png

It starts off much the same, in a simulation within a simulation. My kills are also reset, though I think it's possible to transfer in a saved game this time I will choose Black Dog as my call sign.

D0L2CR9.png

AH5lKRE.png

upI1MpQ.png

Must be something important to bring a carrier halfway across known space.

Unwanted
Shitposter
N2RHaYa.png

0Lc56Fe.png

tn1cpwn.png

Sh1xvsE.png

GW0Kfjg.png

My recollection is that the secret missions are linear, but they had a lot more background for each story to set the mood. Kind of nice because it gives a little bit to do between missions, especially since the missions are pretty tough.

MNsfzIx.png

Ice wasn't nearly as moved by the background details, however.

Unwanted
Shitposter
iq0m6Rj.png

I was so busy taking screenshots I had no idea what was going on. The nav screen doesn't help all that much, though.

75WOZ0g.png

It wasn't long until a bunch of salthi were on my ass. The hornet has paper thin shields so they are actually a pretty big threat in numbers.

neI2ro4.png

Thankfully my skills are fairly honed now, so I took down a couple waves of them.

tEVMSps.png

34goNOE.png

I don't know what a 'lumbari' is supposed to be but I blew it up anyway.

Unwanted
Shitposter
NEi2U2u.png

That just brought on another wave of Salthi, though. I have taken down at least a dozen already.
44nPaYn.png

WHOOPS. I hit the afterburner at the wrong time again. WHOOSH.

8RwJHEC.png

r9dMtJ1.png

gq6kXz0.png

vAtqbJy.png

I suspect in a real life combat situation I would be the first one killed, too. How embarassing.
u7WwBX1.png

OP8prOC.png

Now I just float away...with the rest of the garbage. Excellent escape plan.

Unwanted
Shitposter
Like hitting a brick wall!

1ki36DL.gif

I COMMAND YOU TO RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE.

6al81Z4.png

Going back in the middle, I had to rewaste several salthi waves. This time the damned Lumbari gets away, but I don't get immediately toasted in the next fight.

ROR2L1i.png

This time it's a bunch of krants going after MY transport. If you lose it you lose the game, too. That applies to pretty much all mission objevtives in every mission.

It's really hard to take these guys down with a hornet before they blow up one of the quite splodey draymen. I brace myself for ramming and pray for the best.

dMaIlJw.png

With some ramming and two dumbfire missile hits I just managed to save him.

Last edited:
Unwanted
Shitposter
na27sMN.png

0Eo9ROz.png

9RcKRE8.png

That's close to as high as I ever got in the original campaign. Usually you'd wack 5-6 per mission on average. This time, it's right into action as you can see. A very intense mission right out of the gates.

rqGdtAM.png

jmnrdQF.png

Aydc4dv.png

How did you make it through the first game, buddy? Have you been paying attention at all? Anyone without save-reload magic power is erased from history the second they hit the combat zone.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Whatnow? Well, I haven't been using imgur for ages, since I put LPs on hold. Never had much trouble with it myself, save for a few days where the service was sketchy.

Possibly all will be well tomorrow? After all, tomorrow is ... thursday...

Unwanted
Shitposter
I am a little confused as to what's going on in this mission, just like in the last one.

dDWIR3i.png

WHAT THE?! The second that I am off the carrier, there's enemies everywhere. Tiger's Claw is under attack. Apparently it relies on 2 hornet fighters to provide its entire defense.

DG1cz73.png

fmHEsrM.png

Fortunately these Krant are likewise not very suited to taking down a huge ship like the Tiger's Claw.

iDrbs6Y.png

4inldPe.png

I stay right on them one at a time til they are gone. Still, it's pretty unnerving because I didn't expect that from the mission briefing and it never happened in the original campaign.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom