Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wadjet Eye Resonance

kaizoku

Arcane
Vince Twelve those are awesome news. Can't wait for the 19th :]

evdk what Joff1981 said. Try searching the lab for it.

Vince Twelve

Novice
How big would you say the demo is compared to the rest of the game?
I'd estimate that the demo is about 10% of the game's game-play time. It's a pretty big demo, but there's still A LOT to go, and the hardest parts are still to come! There are some hard puzzles that I hope will take you some thinking to get past.

Looking forward to sharing the full game with you guys!

By the way, how do I get rid of the need for my posts to be approved by mods? Is it a certain # of posts?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'd estimate that the demo is about 10% of the game's game-play time. It's a pretty big demo, but there's still A LOT to go, and the hardest parts are still to come! There are some hard puzzles that I hope will take you some thinking to get past.

Looking forward to sharing the full game with you guys!

By the way, how do I get rid of the need for my posts to be approved by mods? Is it a certain # of posts?

It's a certain number of approved posts.

And welcome Vince Twelve! Looking forward to this!

kaizoku

Arcane
I can't say exactly, but the demo took me... mmm... 2h... I guess. So that means there is a lot of fun to be had. :love:

Jaesun can't you use your super codex serpent staff powers to make Vince an approved poster?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Let me know if you have any questions!

Have you considered using the Wintermute engine? If yes, why didn't you go with it?

Note that I'm not criticizing you for using AGS, I'm really curious. I've played a bit with AGS lately and I also found Wintermute which I haven't tried yet, but looks to be more advanced than AGS.

Vince Twelve

Novice
Hey guys, have I mentioned about this great place online to buy [insert medicine name here]? Oh... I should probably save that until after I'm an authorized poster...

I have considered Wintermute. I started Resonance over five years ago and Wintermute didn't have near the amount of support, stability, or community around it at the time. Wintermute's advantages over AGS, primarily 2.5d support, weren't interesting to me as I knew I wanted a hand-pixeled aesthetic for the game. 320x240 resolution was always the right choice for the game because that was the only way I would ever get it done while having a wife, two kids, and full-time job outside of working on Resonance.

Plus, I had made four freeware games in AGS before starting on Resonance, so "stick with what you know"!

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
The game looks great Vince. If the demo is anything to go by this will be a great adition to the Wadjet Eye catalogue.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Preordered on gog, but I will not play the demo cause is like 4 more days and I can play the full game.

kaizoku

Arcane
BTW, for those who missed it, there are two ways to enter the lab (after you fix the electrified water). The one through the metal door is a quite fiendish puzzle. I haven't found the solution to that one yet.

kaizoku

Arcane
Oh man... this one was though! But I did it :D

hint number 1:
you want both indicators to stop at the green led

hint number 2:
check how the number of lighted leds varies depending on the pins that you connect

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
While reading this thread I thought to myself, what a cool game, gotta buy it. I go to GOG and you know what, it turns out I've already did.

Hopefully will have time to finish it before someone starts posting spoilers here without proper tags.

RPGMaster

Savant
Just played the first three parts (or clocks)... so far so excellent...the puzzles aren't hard yet but they aren't exactly hand-holding either... they're logical.

The dialogue is pretty good... and I've laughed a couple of times.

The part in the girl's bedroom was scarier than anything any survival horror have served up recently.

-1 for the penis enlarge e-mail spam joke. Done too many times already...

EDIT: I also bought my from gog. REPRESENT.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Can someone tell me if I screwed something up in the game?

I finally figured out how to distract the two cops to re-calibrate the archive arm but the damn thing is off-line. Is it possible to bring it back online? Or is this one of those things where I now have to find a different means of extracting the blue prints?

Please note I am not looking for the entire answer just a slight nudge in the right direction. Thanks.

Alex

Arcane
JudasIscariot
You were given something to actually access the machine (which normally would require the thumb print of a cop). Just use it!

By the way, the game is amazing! I mean, I would have liked a bit more of focus on making the puzzles hard to figure out, maybe having the game not funnel you so much later one, but I really liked the storytelling in this one. Thanks for the great game, Vince Twelve.

By the way, guys, which endings have you gotten? I've seen two of then, and I think I ignored one, but I am wondering if there is any way to come with a peaceful solution to the final standoff.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So far it's excellent. Except the rotating part. Fuck you game, I actually have to make a map now.

kaizoku

Arcane
JudasIscariot
You were given something to actually access the machine (which normally would require the thumb print of a cop). Just use it!

By the way, the game is amazing! I mean, I would have liked a bit more of focus on making the puzzles hard to figure out, maybe having the game not funnel you so much later one, but I really liked the storytelling in this one. Thanks for the great game, Vince Twelve.

By the way, guys, which endings have you gotten? I've seen two of then, and I think I ignored one, but I am wondering if there is any way to come with a peaceful solution to the final standoff.
Jesus fucking Chrodex! So the man spends 5 years making a game and you finish it in one night? :)

I've been busy, so I'm still replaying the demo section.

Nope

Liturgist
Just got done.

The red herring in the archive bit had me stumped for quite a while (until I figured out you need to do other stuff first before continuing that bit) as did figuring out the thermal puzzle.

The story was okay, I found Anna's childhood sequences to be more of a hindrance than adding much to it, and while the twist wasn't completely out of the blue the death felt a bit contrived.

Puzzling wasn't as easy as it tends to be nowadays without descending into full-out Schizm-style headbanging frustration which felt like a good change of pace.

Minor complaints with bits of the story aside it turned out to be a fun game that was well worth the time spent.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Alex

I know about the card that the Turtle security guy gives me. I already pointed the machine towards the drawer I want, R12 IIRC, but the question is: how do I get the archive machine to cough up the document? The reason I am asking if I screwed up is because I can't seem to get it to do anything after the "recalibration". Thanks for your time

Alex

Arcane
JudasIscariot

No problem man.

One thing that might not be that clear is that the machine never gives you the original document, but a copy of it. Still need another hint? Is so...

Check your memories! Memories are a pretty cool feature of this game, making the game less straightforward in a way similar to what a parser could do. If you are still lost, next hint is the answer...

Bring up you long term memory you have of the will to the clerk so he can set up the system to request the thumb print.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Alex

Thanks again, I'll do as you described. One more question: is that long-term memory you describe something you pick up along the way or do I have to go out of my way to look for it? Sorry for the dumb question :D

Alex

Arcane
Again, no problem. Long term memories are all given to you at point plots (well, the ones I found were, at least), whereas short term ones are the ones you need to drag from the room yourself.

Alex

Arcane
Oh, wait, I just figured out what the problem is!

There is another document that you do have access from the archives. To get to it, you need to go after your other objectives.

More specifically, you need the information about the vault. Once you get that, everything will be clear.

Alex

Arcane
Don't open if you haven't finished the game.

Which endings did you get? I saw you can either get Ed killed or Bennet killed at the showdown, though the former kinda seems to imply there was a pacific solution as well. Getting Ed killed subsequently offers you two choices, and choosing to publish is as upbeat of an ending as you could hope, given all that happened. The bad guys are hunted and Bennet and Ray become celebrities.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom