Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Resident Evil Revelations 2 - OUT NOW!

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I can't believe I got the shitty ending just because I didn't do something specific (too lazy for spoiler tags). A huge blow to a slightly inclined version of the shittiness the series has endured for a decade.

bonescraper

The last patch finally added online co-op in Raid Mode. But what's more, it also raised the difficulty quite considerably, and provieded support for RE.net online events.

3C27026D821EE7B5A2C27309EB0456A206852167

E0731BF5820767BF2B0997AA2E755D1EE3E7F162

I really do like this RE.net service. It constantly offers timed Raid Mode challenges, and rewards players' efforts with neat stuff like rare powerful weapons, parts and exclusive character skins. I like it in the first game, but looks like this time they really cranked that shit up to 11 (as pictured above).

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I might've missed a file or something explaining this, so forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question, but

Why did Alex Wesker infect herself with the T-Phobos virus? It didn't serve her in any obviously practical way, and in fact winds up possibly ruining her mind-swap plan completely.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The last patch finally added online co-op in Raid Mode. But what's more, it also raised the difficulty quite considerably, and provieded support for RE.net online events.

3C27026D821EE7B5A2C27309EB0456A206852167

I really do like this RE.net service. It constantly offers timed Raid Mode challenges, and rewards players' efforts with neat stuff like rare powerful weapons, parts and exclusive character skins. I like it in the first game, but looks like this time they really cranked that shit up to 11 (as pictured above).

Been there, done that.
maxresdefault.jpg

A horse of course

It's on sale nao. Be careful - the DLC (i.e.the rest of the damn game) is not on sale individually, only as a bundle.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Completed. What the hell did Capcom do to MT Framework, it was a fantastic engine, but now it gets all choppy when there's more than one light source on the screen.

Aside from that, it's an improvement over Revelations; the levels aren't as cramped, the camera movement actually feels fine, and they managed to recycle levels without annoying me, though it's still showing its budget. Still not the survival horror they've been marketing it as (especially in the Neil fight, where they made a boss so spongey that ammo boxes just appear on the floor after you run out), but a bit closer than the first one.

I like how Wesker's plan succeeded because Barry's too dumb to comprehend all the logs left behind or question why the old insane one would just leave while he was knocked out. :M

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Tried Episode 1 because it was on sale, refunded after half an hour.

AI companion does absolute jack shit unless you switch character every two seconds. Also doesn't help I hated that whiny brat from the first moment she appeared.

spekkio

Arcane
AI companion does absolute jack shit unless you switch character every two seconds.
You have to unlock AI actions via skills. Debatable choice, but maybe you should RTFM next time.

Also doesn't help I hated that whiny brat from the first moment she appeared.
Moira evolving from whiny bitch to Barry Burton's daughter (TM) is one of the axes of the plot.

And BTW - sticking to RE6 but dropping RER2?

:roll:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The AI shouldn't play the game for you. :smug:

It'd be significantly less demanding if AI Moira just blinded and knocked down every guy.

It pretty much turns the game into easy mode if you abuse Moira's flashlight/crowbar yourself to conserve ammo. Like, saving 30 Magnum bullets for a boss that never comes easy.

Also AI Moira is invincible, though the game tries to disguise this fact (AI Claire can die normally, the only drawback to abusing Moira's godliness).

spekkio

Arcane
^
There's only RE1 HD remake for PC (remake of the GC/Wii game).
Capcom is working on the RE0 HD Remake (GC/Wii game + new shit) and RE2 Remake (totally new game).

Wunderbar

Arcane
Around the time RE7 was announced, some Capcom exec said that the numbered titles (RE7, RE8 etc) will focus on new characters and survival horror aspects, while Revelations subseries will continue exploring third-person action genre with the old guard like Leon and Chris.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Around the time RE7 was announced, some Capcom exec said that the numbered titles (RE7, RE8 etc) will focus on new characters and survival horror aspects, while Revelations subseries will continue exploring third-person action genre with the old guard like Leon and Chris.

Weird turnabout since Revelations was supposed to be the RE4 throwback compared to the full-on action the numbered titles had become. :M

Wunderbar

Arcane
Capcom: *turns main series into michael bay style action games*
Fans: we want survival horror!
Capcom: play revelations subseries
Capcom: *turns main series into slow-paced first person horrors with a new cast of characters*
Fans: we want third person games with old characters!
Capcom: play revelations subseries

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom