Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Resident Evil Revelations 2 - OUT NOW!

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
When are all the episodes supposed to be released at? 1 week intervals or what?

And what's the reason behind doing it this way? Money? People need to polish it ?

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Claire is cool, but I hope Leon is added as an unlockable character for Raid Mode, preferably with his RE2 uniform.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Well the identity of the Overseer has been leaked.

tumblr_inline_nkddetiWeA1rhbzz7.png

:incloosive:

Either way. Its not that big of a surprise.

Bahamut

Arcane
Well guess, ill torrent this one first to check how it will run on my laptop

Personally i have even enjoyed RE6 :negative:

Tehdagah

Arcane
I still hope for a Jake vs Alex melee boss fight in RE7.

But knowing Capcom, they will ressurect Wesker.

Edit: Thinking about it, the best case scenario for RE7's campaign(s?) would be having Jake as a protagonist. Then minimize the amount of ammo available, so the player will have to use his awesome melee attacks most of the time.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

Well guess, ill torrent this one first to check how it will run on my laptop

Personally i have even enjoyed RE6 :negative:

I liked some parts of RE6, it wasn't as bad as some people make out.

baturinsky

Arcane
If they keep resurrecting people, I want Pierce back. After all, we have not seen his corpse, right?

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Is it me or is the action button annoying? It seems like you have to get very close to anything in order to use it/interact with.

Deleted member 7219

I'm pretty sure they're going to clone Wesker.

I
thought Wesker was already a clone or some shit, created as part of Spencer's hurrdurr mastah plan
Oh, dunno about that, i'm still waiting for RE5 Gold.

Hopefully not too long a wait now.

I played the RE 5 DLC on console when it first came out, and it was pretty damn good fanservice.

CAPCOM are continuing the incline by updating the Steam version of RE5 to Steamworks and the achievements include ones for the Gold Edition DLC.

baturinsky

Arcane
Played it a bit, not impressed. Plot is more Manhunt than Resident Evil, and two-character mechanism feels forced.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Impressions:

Gameplay is basically dumbed down RE4 with unnecessary co-op; the game either forces you to switch or tells you that you probably should, so there's no bigger philosophy about it (also, your partner is immortal, so you can use him as a decoy when low on ammo).

Forget about puzzles as known from the classics, the game hand holds you the whole time - just walk from one corridor to another.

They used some of these retarded old tricks to made the game more annoying stressful: long reload time, enemies that constantly grab you, blood marks all around the screen reducing your sight. Fuck this game.

The interface is severe consolotis shit. No classic inventory.

The music is filler shit. And yes, forget about the old typewriter and surreal theme.

The story is shit.

The atmosphere is shit. I felt like I'm playing some cartoonish version of "Saw" rather than Resident Evil game. RE is about zombies and Umbrella, hello, anybody home? Also, the fact that you're not on your own kills that feeling of loneliness and desolation from the classics.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
RE is about zombies and Umbrella, hello, anybody home? Also, the fact that you're not on your own kills that feeling of loneliness and desolation from the classics.
Have you been in a coma for the last decade? That ship sailed long ago. :)

Tehdagah

Arcane
(...) Gameplay is basically dumbed down RE4 (...)
This is exactly how I felt while playing Revelations 1.

RE is about zombies and Umbrella, hello, anybody home? Also, the fact that you're not on your own kills that feeling of loneliness and desolation from the classics.
Have you been in a coma for the last decade? That ship sailed long ago. :)
Now we do have elaborated action games with the best enemy diversity ever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom