Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil HD Remaster announced

A horse of course

In addition to bonerrapist's high-quality shots, here are some screens of the game's first 20m of gnomeplay (no custom AA or anything, just regular options on max):
6C23EE644D9F7892585D142455EBEDFF4C3F3DEF
4F20085D75BC75760DB376DEABFFD532A6B2C2D5
A3F8DF4DE98F2B87B0EB44DBA996A2D385051EDB
8191297414CB26BC267304B0809B5DF2FCE058B8
DD5D84F7CCA63CD39998DE31FCDF417CF304BA84
6587B56D4340D44F5B93B0F275FC170FF1B81A07
54557D33F67C7858B0B5646E6A210519787E3F5A
5D4E599574F8530FB464717C4C48D60E2D84B059
9D61336EC76212509FA7DCF5920AC11E49BCE182
932906951FD9CA0751C08CB96FFA98B4219B6B8D

Nice character models, but the pre-rendered backgrounds have obviously just gone through some upscaling, and don't look so hot when not beamed at 480p towards some cheeto-stained weebshit flatulating on their filthy couch. Jill has jiggle physics, which is nice - though obviously not on the level of RE5/6 female models.

This thread is now about RE1DC mood music:

Last edited by a moderator:

MapMan

Arcane
Eh... This thread reminded me that to this day I have german version of RE for PSX which had green blood :lol:

A horse of course

I'm a bit swamped with work at the moment and would rather play some more Rome, but I'll leave a few more pics of the environments. I'm sorry to commit heresy but I'll recommit to my stance of being none too impressed by the 2d backgrounds compared to the 3d environments of more recent gnomes. Even compared to PS2 games, the way lighting and shadows interacts with the backdrops makes them feel very static, like looking at actors standing in front of a landscape painting in a 60's movie. Perhaps this is merely a result of seeing it at a high-enough resolution that even properly remastered images would look out of place to the traiend eye. Will hopefully have time in the Chinese New Year vacation to carry on.

Joa6GhQ.jpg
D4kLwtv.jpg
8f45QDH.jpg
ZGaACDM.jpg
CG0Gdhu.jpg
YYYrO1N.jpg
oyD9UdL.jpg
yVbbgFL.jpg
x1b3JeE.jpg
5S3r6Oz.jpg

bonescraper

Easy, if you're playing as Jill (there are 3 options initially, very easy, easy and normal).

Last edited by a moderator:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
So, what difficulty will you recommend for a RE virgin?
Bottom line, play as Jill. She has access to a lock pick which gives her access to certain locked areas immediately (as opposed to Chris, who has to find small keys to open them), access to the grenade launcher (which Chris never gets), and has Barry Burton as her companion, who bails her out of several situations that Chris has to handle himself. Also has 8 item slots to Chris' 6. About the only thing Chris has going over her is health, which honestly doesn't matter an awful lot in this game since if you're getting hit at all, you're doing something wrong.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Boredom is dangerous, it may turn people onto producive units, like this one.

He (yes, one man project) made his own RE2 HD remake using free Unreal Developement Kit.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Yeah. Everybody knows the first one is the worst.

Honestly talking, i'm agree with this. The first one have its importance as the first installment of the series and as a good beginning, but it feels very obsolete compared with RE 2, 3, Code veronica, REmake and Zero. Paradoxically Mikami and his team took the original and remade it, creating the best classic Resident evil by far.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The first is certainly very rough around the edges. Atmosphere's a bit iffy seeing as the bright and colorful design of the mansion kinda clashes with the idea that it's supposed to be a hellhole overrun with zombies. Especially compared to the following games which ooze atmosphere in every scene. A couple of the gameplay elements are kinda rough as well: since there's no animation change to signify health loss, you have to constantly go into your inventory to check your health. A lack of basic physics for zombie push-back means that it's fairly common for you to push one off, only for it to immediately latch on to you again and start nibbling on you, whereas in the following games if you push a zombie back, it'll stumble on whatever objects or walls it hits and'll often fall on the floor, as well as knocking any other zombies that are in its path. About the only thing I can think of that it out-and-out has over the following games is the survival element. In RE2 it's pretty easy to get to the end of the game with a stockpile of shotgun shells, magnum rounds, and grenade shells burning a hole through your pocket, and in RE3, even with Nemesis hounding you its not hard to get a good surplus of ammo going.

Tehdagah

Arcane
The first is certainly very rough around the edges. Atmosphere's a bit iffy seeing as the bright and colorful design of the mansion kinda clashes with the idea that it's supposed to be a hellhole overrun with zombies. Especially compared to the following games which ooze atmosphere in every scene. A couple of the gameplay elements are kinda rough as well: since there's no animation change to signify health loss, you have to constantly go into your inventory to check your health. A lack of basic physics for zombie push-back means that it's fairly common for you to push one off, only for it to immediately latch on to you again and start nibbling on you, whereas in the following games if you push a zombie back, it'll stumble on whatever objects or walls it hits and'll often fall on the floor, as well as knocking any other zombies that are in its path. About the only thing I can think of that it out-and-out has over the following games is the survival element. In RE2 it's pretty easy to get to the end of the game with a stockpile of shotgun shells, magnum rounds, and grenade shells burning a hole through your pocket, and in RE3, even with Nemesis hounding you its not hard to get a good surplus of ammo going.
This still sorta happens in RE2. The character doesn't always push the zombie back, so if there are multiple zombies around you, one of them will certainly grab Leon/Claire again. So you need to mash the buttons and pray for a push.

It's even worse when you get stuck in a corner by a Licker :negative:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In RE2 it's pretty easy to get to the end of the game with a stockpile of shotgun shells, magnum rounds, and grenade shells burning a hole through your pocket, and in RE3, even with Nemesis hounding you its not hard to get a good surplus of ammo going.

Code Veronica fixed this problem. That was probably the part where I used the knife most times. Especially the beginning made me crawling. It was really refreshing to see that approach from Capcom.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
In RE2 it's pretty easy to get to the end of the game with a stockpile of shotgun shells, magnum rounds, and grenade shells burning a hole through your pocket, and in RE3, even with Nemesis hounding you its not hard to get a good surplus of ammo going.

Code Veronica fixed this problem. That was probably the part where I used the knife most times. Especially the beginning made me crawling. It was really refreshing to see that approach from Capcom.
Yeah, I probably would've liked Code Veronica alot more if it weren't for the awful monster designs and it sowing the beginning of the obnoxious, soap-opera esque overarching Wesker plot.

That and the graphics, though that was more of a personal problem. Think this was just an overall problem with the Dreamcast, but everything just looks as though it's made from rubber and it was really off-putting for me.

About time. Now how about my SH 1-2 remake.

Fvck these action games masquerading as true horror.

Jump scares are purely shock, and have nothing to do with fear. They're cheap. Not deep
:/

This game is pretty cool guys I never played RE1 before. I don't remember RE2 or 3 being this good either so I guess REMAKE improved it a bit huh? All hail remakes! Old gaems suck!

A horse of course

I briefly played around with the updated Resident Evil mod manager:

http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/3130/fluffy-manager-5000

You can use it as a trainer to skip the door animations with no issues. It also has some other features, like infinite ammo, inventory editor or changing models, but unlike the door mod these will activate the "anti-cheat" feature (preventing you from uploading your score to the Capcom server, if you actually care about that stuff).

And of course people are hard at work on the usual skin/model swaps from other games:

t4ZA05H.jpg

VnXBCKG.jpg

wip1hsc.jpg

:dead:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom