Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 7

I dunno, this looks like it could be decent. Seems closer to RE1 type of game, except in first person. Not writing this off just yet.

bonescraper

Played it, got the "infected ending" so far and i liked it. The demo is obviously short on enemies and action and tells a spin-off prequel story as far as i can tell. It indeed is closer to a classic RE game, you have to get your bearings around the house, find items and solve simple puzzles. But like i said, it's short on enemies though. The only monster i found was in the basement and all i could do is run away from it since i got the gun a bit later. There's a hatchet somwhere i think, i saw it on a screenshot, but i don't know where atm. I like the non-linear aspect of the demo with multiple endings and ways to fuck up. I hope the full game is also designed this way. Again, for someone who likes the idea of slow, atmospheric horror but pretty much hates the "walking simulator" gerne where you have to hide and wait for things to go away 70% of the time i must say i enjoyed the demo as my time wasn't being wasted by utterly boring hide and seek sequences.

TL;DR this is exactly what i expected, and i'm down with it.

A81C7B47AE967D2B28A29C24F3B9CC432C81E131

FD4681D6C53FB079F2BA6118CF0C661A161A616B

CCD11805EEE164BADC89EF85D0D6519D916B59E6

9873B1EF8CE49767A59E4853BCA101D73AC582ED

EF6445752ECFD5DE8DCA4BBFAE5ED11549407A80

A31D7837F0EB2D85E75D99F47D80A5B6E2916AF1

A477DE369C01A05F5DC18FF2047B5CE166EF15EA

Last edited by a moderator:

Tehdagah

Arcane
Cool (?), but Biohazard it ain't. :roll:

It seems more Biohazard than anything released in the past 17 years except for remasters and maaybe revelations.
So far it looks like a modern horror game with some elements borrowed from the old series and RE4, so Capcom can sell it as a Return to the Roots.

Maybe it isn't, but the director of the game said RE7 is about immershun, not gameplay.

bonescraper

EB81524E67A60C15FBA2A0CE6EDD68CEBE5AAEE0

Fucking finally. I can't get the ghost to show up though and i played this over 7 times already! D:

I thought the demo was pretty cool but my first time through I only got the bad ending. Going through it again.

Edit: saw the other two endings. Really cool atmosphere, I think it's a :d1p: for me, even though it has nothing to do with other Resident Evil games.

Last edited:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I read that this isn't a demo but some kind of prequel chapter to the main game. If you manage to get the 'dirty coin' item apparently you wil be able to export it to the main game through the save file and it has some use there.

Ebonsword

Arcane

It seems more Biohazard than anything released in the past 17 years except for remasters and maaybe revelations.

I dunno, I have a real hard time seeing this game conclude with a race through a secret laboratory while a self-destruct timer runs down culminating in a confrontation against a giant mutated B.O.W. that you have to defeat by shooting it in the face with a rocket launcher.

I can see it since there was a lab like hallway in one the trailers, also considering that one of the trailers ended with the text 'Is it love waiting in the darkness? Or something else?' I wouldn't be surprised that you have you put down the MC's wife or at the very least somebody gets infected.

Last edited:
I think this game is way more inspired by Silent Hill than Resident Evil (not thematically, just atmosphere-wise). That's fine in my book, I really liked the small teaser a lot.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Apparently the PC demo got datamined, fucktons of spoilers: https://www.reddit.com/r/residentev...f_thread_on_all_the_leaks_from_the_data_mine/

I dunno, I have a real hard time seeing this game conclude with a race through a secret laboratory while a self-destruct timer runs down culminating in a confrontation against a giant mutated B.O.W. that you have to defeat by shooting it in the face with a rocket launcher.
You're right.

Leaked weapons:

HandAxe
Knife
Bar
Handgun
Handgun_M19
Handgun_G17
Handgun_MPM
Handgun_Albert
ShotGun
Shotgun_M37
Shotgun_M37S
Shotgun_DB
MachineGun
Magnum
Glasses
EvelynRadar
LiquidBomb
Flare
Remedy
Stimulant
Depressant
KitchenKnife
WoodChip
ChainCutter
ScrewDriver
Shovel
Lantern
Roller
LanternBar
GlassPiece
FireAxe
MiaKnife
GoldenBar
HyperBlaster
BarCircularsaw
FireAxeBreakable
Shotgun_Albert
BlueBlaster
RedBlaster
Lantern_C
Lighter_Z
GimmickKnife
Mele
No rocket launcher.

Mojobeard

Augur
Silent Hill fans are basically like Sonic fans, both annoying as fuck. Both series had a decent second game, and that's about it. And Res has never been a horror series, it's always been about silly dialogue and monsters with sword arms. Meme about 6 all you like, but it perfected the controls from 4 (and 5), and was actually fun to play. Yeah the Leon campaign and single-player sucks, minor ding. So when they said the people who enjoyed 6 can play Revelations 3 instead, people like me should be happy right? Well, Revelations 1 and 2 are the ones that got basically everything wrong. They're just kind of crappy.

The upside is that since they're making this for the scarecam audience, I can just watch it on Youtube later.

And Res has never been a horror series, it's always been about silly dialogue and monsters with sword arms
It was intended to scary from the start, it's just that they couldn't write for shit plus the fact it's in a language they only know because of hollywood movies compounds the shitty writing issue. The campy shit is severely reduced in the REmake implies this.

bonescraper

Finally got this thing, i sware to gawd the process is either quite random, or nobody got it 100% right yet.

D71462BE8B984693A93D1FE453C11505271B5CDA

EFD39A80FC2D38F39E8788884B777D80DA68B398

Spoiler that shit, how did you get it?

edit: nevermind, found a pretty indepth guide. This is some autistic level shit.

Mojobeard

Augur
What's the matter, you guys didn't like Resident May Cry 6: QTE Boogaloo?
What are you talking about? If 6 has problems, QTEs are not it. 4 (long button mashing scenes throughout the game + some boss battles, notably Krauser) and 5 (boss battles) are the ones with obnoxious QTEs. The ones in 6 are mostly "obvious" QTEs, press the same button (A) to dodge, are there the whole game, and 4 and 5 have them too to a lesser extent. Optional ones, like the finishers on the ogre guys are short and extremely easy button mashes (at least 4 has them too).

It was intended to scary from the start
Whatever it was meant to be, it wasn't, and none of the following games weren't either.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
The only thing 4, 5 and 6 (and probably 7) have in common is that they're all shit.

The RE formula peaked and died with Code Veronica.

4 isn't shit, it's just not resident evil. It's like getting a dr.pepper and it tastes like coca-cola, that's nice if you like coke sodas but even then you wanted a fucking coke, you'd get a coke, a not dr.pepper.

Gerrard

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom