Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Momock

Augur
just call it fucking castlevania

seriously just shut the fuck up with these autistic fucking terms you fucking retards
It's to separate the classic arcadish Castlevanias from the metroidesque and RPGish Castlevanias. The term has it's purpose, relax!

Tehdagah

Arcane
That Birkin boss fight... He does nothing more than move towards Claire to hit her with a pipe. The whole boss is: run in the opposite direction, turn, shoot, repeat. Sometimes his weak point (the big eye) pops in his shoulder, but that's it.

RE4, a 13 years old game with clunkier controls had more complex bosses than this. Lazy Capcom is also reusing RE6's sound effects. So far it looks like a medium-budget project made to cash on fans' nostalgia, with one zombie type and a boss that barely resemble a boss.

sullynathan

Arcane
I doubt it's self censorship and more of the new Capcom games going for a more realistic and grounded look. If they really we're self censoring themselves, DMCV wouldn't keep lady as a 40+ year old woman wearing a mini-skirt, and have Nico in booty shorts and having a tramp stamp.

Momock

Augur
They're taking a more realistic and gritty approach instead of the B-movie one, that's all.

Machocruz

Arcane
Claire is already wearing the kind of outfit closet and/or borderline lesbians wear aka "TV female cop" in this remake, so I'm not surprised at all. They gave Ada a Jew horse face in 6.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
DnjpdYvXgAALnGb.jpg

PD: Don't trust people who wears sunglasses during night.

Yeah, I noticed the faces are looking better in this new TGS Story Trailer than what they'd been showing off. Thought it was a bit weird they were looking wonky while the DMC5 faces in the same engine weren't having the same problem.

I kind of like what they're going for with Ada's new look. They're going for that cool '60s female spy look. In fact if you google 60s Female Spy this is the first thing that comes up:

gilag3.jpg

Thing is they aren't nailing it as hard as they need to. I'd say the biggest problem is the glasses, they aren't at that level of sexy '60s cool they should be. Those glasses need to be bigger.

79347-1532336916.jpg

Or be something like this:

0f4a7f8eecf222010408b3c81dc76eae.jpg

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Metriodvania specifically is:

-2D sde-scrolling
-non-linearity and gated progression
-RPG player customisation & progression + real time combat blend
-Like Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

Otherwise it's not a metriodvania, and most comparisons would be misplaced. Symphony of the Night, as much as I love it, didn't really do anything new except combine RPG combat depth with 2D side-scrolling. And of course most "medtriodvanias" these days remove most of said RPG depth, and therefore barely qualify as Metriodvanias at all. Metriod-likes is more accurate, but kiddos have been throwing around "metriodvania" left right and center and now everything 2D is apparently one, and even some 3D.
Based on your definition Metroid prime trilogy isn't a Metroidvania. Neither are the Ys games.
And shove your metroid-like up your ass, I am sick and tired of hearing souls-like garbage.

Ash

Arcane
Based on your definition Metroid prime trilogy isn't a Metroidvania.

They're not. They're Metroid games and not what was established with the original "Metroidvania": SotN.
Why are you calling the Metriod Prime games Metroidvanias when they're fucking Metroid games and have nothing in common with Symphony except the elements Symphony shared with Metroid in the first place? So stupid.

And shove your metroid-like up your ass, I am sick and tired of hearing souls-like garbage.

Only a brainlet would object to an everyday common suffix adverb ("-like") because his retarded brain can't handle it's own falsely perceived association to another term he dislikes ("Souls-like").
I didn't label it "metroid-like" just because some people throw around "souls-like" just as carelessly as "Metroidvania", but because that is common, basic, everyday language written and verbal. Duh.

I know it's a bit late to point it out, but I do find it interesting that claire uses a subnose revolver now instead of a hp browning. I wonder if they're going to do the costume handgun upgrades or not (probably not). If they are it would can side step the issue how a colt peacemaker can accept 9mm handgun rounds. Also in game mechanics, most subnose guns these days can handle magnum loads, so maybe you could use the ammo system to make magnum rounds eariler in the game than intended.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom