Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Remove the ignore feature, it promotes weakness.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Was in purist camp before Lord Ass-I-am and One shit himself came to spam on Trump threads we would not need ignore buttom if mods did their job and banned both for constant spamming.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I don't think there's anything wrong with using the ignore feature to put someone on 'time out'. This is like a parenting feature to teach naughty children to not misbehave.

Currently I have two users on ignore, asfasdf and maxie. This isn't permanent, it's just until such time as they can learn to stop doing the following:

"Crispy! Hey Crispy!"
"Hey!"
"Crispy, hello, hey! You're a faggot!"
"Fuck you Crispy!"
"Hey! Cirspy!3 HJeloou?"
"Craaspoy due daggty."
"Hey CRUAPY:"
"Crispy, you're a faggot!#@"
"Hi Crispy die faggot."
"DHEY@ CRASPY!"
"Shut the fuck upCrispy"
"Crispy you're a faggt."
"cRapys Faggit"
"Hey what the fuck cCRiPYSY Die."
"Hi Crispy."
"Hey"
"CRIIIIIISPY"
"La creatura el Crpspera mia dios"
"FUCK YOU CRISPY"
"You're such a dumbfuck Crapsy"
"Hey CRISPY CRISPY CIRSPY PAY ATTENTYION TO ME PLAESE>"
"Crispy why are you so mean to me?"
"CRISPY@##"
"Crapsy die KILL URSLELF"
"CRISPY"
"Hi Crispy I fukced you mom"
"CRIPY"
"CRROOOOOOOOPSY"

and so on.

kintake

Savant
I don't think there's anything wrong with using the ignore feature to put someone on 'time out'. This is like a parenting feature to teach naughty children to not misbehave.

A wise decision, no matter what pains someone enough to have them lash out, it's not your responsibility to be a victim to their negative exuberance. Your altruism ends where you want it to, as you can only be made accountable for yourself, so let the children have their meltdown, and if they use better words to express themselves, maybe you'll listen.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Every day I ignore my family, the brats playing in the street, and clipboard surveys. It's a built-in mechanism. Delegating such a basic function to a machine is a stone's throw away from replacing your healthy lungs with a mechanical respirator because breathing is too much effort.

mibbles

codex grandma
Patron
That's very sweet of you to say, Merc. Allah's blessings be upon you.

As for the original topic - I appreciate that the feature is available. I've yet to find any use for it, but I understand Crispy's stance perfectly as having starstruck kids pester you like that is a bore.

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Currently I have two users on ignore, asfasdf and maxie. This isn't permanent, it's just until such time as they can learn to stop doing the following:

"Crispy! Hey Crispy!"
"Hey!"
"Crispy, hello, hey! You're a faggot!"
"Fuck you Crispy!"
"Hey! Cirspy!3 HJeloou?"
"Craaspoy due daggty."
"Hey CRUAPY:"
"Crispy, you're a faggot!#@"
"Hi Crispy die faggot."
"DHEY@ CRASPY!"
"Shut the fuck upCrispy"
"Crispy you're a faggt."
"cRapys Faggit"
"Hey what the fuck cCRiPYSY Die."
"Hi Crispy."
"Hey"
"CRIIIIIISPY"
"La creatura el Crpspera mia dios"
"FUCK YOU CRISPY"
"You're such a dumbfuck Crapsy"
"Hey CRISPY CRISPY CIRSPY PAY ATTENTYION TO ME PLAESE>"
"Crispy why are you so mean to me?"
"CRISPY@##"
"Crapsy die KILL URSLELF"
"CRISPY"
"Hi Crispy I fukced you mom"
"CRIPY"
"CRROOOOOOOOPSY"

and so on.

:butthurt:

whatevername

Arcane
The ignore feature should be stripped of its functionality as it only seeks to promote weakness and cowardice. If anyone tries to ignore someone else it should automatically post in a thread of shame that X person wants to ignore Y.. you can even have fun with it like "X can't handle the bantz with Y" or "X is butthurt and tried to ignore Y" etc.

Also bring back CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM but have it do the same thing.
You won't be able to sleep tonight after you'll find out I've put someone on ignore in adblock like this:

rpgcodex.net##div[class*="bbCodeBlock"][data-author="The Fedorabot"]
rpgcodex.net##LI[id*="post"][class*="message"][data-author="The Fedorabot"]
rpgcodex.net##LI[id*="post"][class*="message"][data-author="Scrooge"]
rpgcodex.net##LI[id*="post"][class*="message"][data-author="Trash"]
rpgcodex.net##LI[id*="post"][class*="message"][data-author="idonthavetimeforthiscrap"]
rpgcodex.net##LI[id*="post"][class*="message"][data-author="Crispy"]

Zlaja

Arcane
Previosly in this thread someone referred to the Codex as a "small community". Totally fake news, folks. Codex is a very prestigious magazine available in countless nations around the world. Responsible for brexit, election of Trump, the destruction of ISIS and bravely flying the flag of toxic maskulinity. And now constantly monitored and infiltrated by both CIA, FSB and Mossad all vying for supremacy by trying to outshitpost each other.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom