Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Remember Me

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
But will we remember them?

Probably not.

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
Guys pls, it's all k.

UPDATE 3.10PM: Speaking to Eurogamer sister site GamesIndustry International, Dontnod has denied that its "judicial reorganisation" meant that the studio had entered bankruptcy - it was instead simply resizing the company.

"Dontnod is not in bankruptcy," studio boss Oskar Guilbert explained. "I cannot say that we have no financial difficulties, we have some, but I think that now they are behind us, not in front of us. We started new projects and those new projects need some investment and we decided to resize the company in order to match these new needs. That's why we needed judicial reorganisation.

"We are also in close negotiations with one big partner; I cannot of course announce the name and say that but we are in very close negotiations for our next project with one of the top publishers."

Gilbert noted that Remember Me was Europe's second-most downloaded PlayStation Plus title for PS3 - although how much money Dontnod sees from Sony for each free download is unclear.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Fighting in this game feels like replaying witcher 1. The combos, the click prompt at the right moment, everything points towards cdprojekt's master piece. Platforming is horribly automated, you can't fail jumps, all you have to do is go near a ledge and press jump.

Story is banal but the atmosphere is quite good, which when combined with above average voice acting makes for a nice experience until now(played for almost an hour).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If you're going to bump a thread without much to add other than 'it's shit,' at least use the proper emote:

:necro:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
All that concept art lost in decline, like... newfags... in GD.

Time... to Retardo Land.

6za74k736pc03j9fp8h5gi9uy6.gif

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Finished the game cause it was in the back catalogue. It took 9 hours.

The combat is bad - worse than Witcher 1. The story is like wise - nothing makes sense in the end. Complete and utter failure in the story department (including all the moronic quotes).

There is an interesting concept of remixing memories. Unfortunately they managed to fuck this up as well cause there is no logical solution to the remixes. Error and try for the win.

The only good thing about this game are the visuals cause the amount of graphical assets is outstanding. I especially liked the robots aesthetics. They could have done something better with those assets.

In the end I cannot shake the feeling that this game was made for hipsters probably ... by hipsters. Huge waste of visuals. Not worth playing.

Explorerbc

Arcane
:necro:

So I bought it from the capcom bundle this week. Everyone is giving it shit, but hey, at least it was something original for a change.

Combat was easy and simple and I didn't even bother to fiddle with the combo system after a while. Platforming was typical asscreed stuff, it was functional. I think the simplistic gameplay can be tolerated given its short length. If it lasted another 10 hours then it would be a problem.

The memory altering thing was pretty cool as an idea, and I think it was better that you only had do it 4 times in the game, since it relied on trial and error a lot and having to spend 20 minutes rewinding and trying out different combinations all the time would eventually get tiresome.

The environments were great though. The setting is the strong point of the game. If you are gonna play popamole you might as well play it in cyberpunk neo-Paris.

Story was a bit retarded, but that's a common thing and can I can usually ignore much of the silliness. The only part that was very stupid was this one:

So the dumbfuck mother is driving the car on a rainy night, showing many signs of reckless driving behavior like having a videocall with her husband on the wheel. The girl on the back seat starts making a mess, so she activates seat belts and has the situation under control. Then, for no reason, she takes her eyes off the road and turns her head around to reprimand the little girl, which leads to a horrible car crash because she doesn't see a red light. So the accident was 100% her fault, and yet when she wakes up badly injured inside the wreckage, instead of checking if her daughter is ok the first thing she tells her is "i lost my leg ... this is your fault" and proceeds to hate her forever. Wtf was that ?

The most hilarious part is that one of the quotes in the loading screens is "The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness." :lol:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Wtf was that ?

Who knows :)

Characters motivations and reactions were complete crap from the beginning which made me feel that they were catering to the SJW audience: exaggerated 'feelings' bullshit.

Also they re-used the memory mixing concept in 'Life is Strange' which is another failure in the story department. It seems like this developer (Dontnod) cannot into story (or anything that makes sense).

the more i speak with people the more i understand that "logic" and "sense" are two concepts of whom humanity is totally devoid of. sometimes looking for them in a videogame might be asking too much.

pippin

This game would be much more tolerable if it had a regular beat em up combat system rather than this QTE nonsense. At least the combat in Twitcher 1 was relatively easy to understand and apply.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom