Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LucasArts Released: Grim Fandango remake... for PS4, Vita and PC.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
http://thespectacularspider-girl.tu...oving-grim-fandango-and-psychonaughts-from-my
http://attackongaming.com/gaming-talk/tim-schafer-makes-racist-joke-at-gdc-our-response/
Good job Tim, now the l1bruls and millenials you remastered your games for refuse to play them because of your sockpuppet shenanigans :smug:
Ricky Humphry
Stop enjoying Psychonauts. Destroy it to send a message that we'll put a bullet in his head for doing this to us.

RobsGamingNetwork

+Ricky Humphry
Because that isn't indicative of anything violent.
cleardot.gif

Ricky Humphry

+RobsGamingNetwork I am sorry that I care about gaming. I really am.

I do not want this assholes work to be appreciated.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
This is completely manufactured outrage, but I like it because it makes Tim Schafer look bad. Carry on.

buzz

Arcane
:nocountryforshitposters: I clicked the link expecting niggers to be put down, and all I got was some shitty snarky old joke about Gamergate.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
But it's racist! Gamergate is being discriminated against! Boycott! Boycott!

Duraframe300

Arcane
I don't get it. Whose shield?

There's a twitter hashtag called #Notyourshield by minorities to express that they don't want to be used by journalists to deflect critisism.
Tim tried to make a bad joke here that #Notyourshield members don't actually exist and are in fact sockpuppet accounts.
#Notyourshield members are upset and posting pics of themselves giving the finger to Schafer

Long story short: It's another instance of Shafer alienating parts of his former fans in an effort to belong to the *cool clique*

Even shorter: Gaming continues to be high school

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
But it's racist! Gamergate is being discriminated against! Boycott! Boycott!

Gamergate? Nah. The NYS people are. Nothing new. Not the first time a white privileged man demeaned minorities and women.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Still paying $13 to get it along with a bunch of doublefine garbage. I'd rather have the original LucasArts version
:decline:

pippin

You can choose where your money goes in HB. Personally I always give it all to charity when I buy stuff from them.

bddevil

Educated
playing it again all these years later along with the developer commentary makes it worth the $15 bucks for me.

If they have a developer commentary like this for the day of the tentacle remaster I will be very excited.
What's the commentary? Tim laughing at people for continuing to subsidize his mediocrity?
I know Im late, but commentary is pretty damn interesting. While this remaster is basically a cash grab, the two half decent points it got going for it are : plug and play on modern systems without any effort, and commentary

The commentary about puzzle with the signs in the dead forest was quite insightful and a good indication how gaming and gaming development has changed. Today zero chance this puzzle would make it into production. Tim pulled a lot of weight back then (yes, pun intended) and was able to push it through into the final build past the people who told him not to.

Also the fact that they got a lot of kids out of college working on some small things on a fairly big budget project with a new engine/approach, and tons of ugly hacks (and I dont mean Tim) were made in the process to make stuff work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom