Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reddit Ruins Existence On Planet Earth For Mankind

PrettyDeadman

images

Danthar

Novice
I actually read it before he removed it.

It was a sad tale of how reddit spoils all the milk and he paid some person to mimic the sounds and he was happy with the Hi dee lie dee hum or so and he removed them now.

I wish he hadn't.. I mean, if it's not illegal, why care what reddit says?

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
His behavior doesn't instill any confidence in his side of the story tho. If he had nothing to fear, he wouldn't be removing any mention of this from steam and banning anyone who brought it up, nor would he remove the questionable file.
In the final analysis, it must be admitted that he behaved like one aware of his guilt.

Parsifarka

Arcane
His behavior doesn't instill any confidence in his side of the story tho. If he had nothing to fear, he wouldn't be removing any mention of this from steam and banning anyone who brought it up, nor would he remove the questionable file.
In the final analysis, it must be admitted that he behaved like one aware of his guilt.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES said:
He's right. It's like accusations of witchcraft. If they drown you and you come up waterlogged it means you were innocent. Just making these spurious claims are zero cost to the idiots but Steam may have no other options but to suspend the store page until I prove I am NOT a witch.

If these people were in Australia and could be located I would have a lawyer serve papers on them so fast it would make their head spin. One of the reasons Grimoire was delayed recently was my double-checking ownership of every single icon, graphic and sound effect in the game including looking for the email or receipt that showed my purchase. So I had one icon I don't know if I paid the $5 for the collection or not ten years ago and although 90% certain I had at one point I pulled it out and replaced it with a guaranteed safe one from my assets collection.

I am 53 years old and I want to tell you something about human psychology and you never heard truer words in your life ... the person most likely to suspect others of thievery is a thief. A person who gets all their software through illegal torrents assumes everyone else is as crooked as he is because it flatters his vanity to think probably everybody else is no better than me. When you see these people who accuse others of theft it is because they assume everybody else in the world is as crooked as they are.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1471967615858281850/

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Agreed, it is the only sensible thing to do. Of course these degenerates will celebrate it as a victory but whatever.

Slamming bogus copyright or other claims seems to be the favorite MO. It is like a plague. YTer Lionel Nation (recommended btw) was banned from doing live streams for weeks due to false claims. This guy is a lawyer himself, but still it took him a very long time to get things corrected. As i said before, if you dont belong to the cult your person or business is a target.

Weasel

If I were him I'd actually get someone else to moderate his Steam Forums to ban people more promptly and around the clock. There have been a string of level-0 private accounts who all post practically the same two threads ("About the Dev" - linking to the lame Rationalwiki thing, "Stolen Assets!" linked to that Reddit post), gets a bit repetitive after a while and just spams up the forums. He's answered it a number of times already, and yes sometimes the threads lasted a while before they moved on to calling him a Nazi or whatever, but it's obviously just an orchestrated stunt from one of the many groups of Cleve haters. Time for them to get some fresh material imo.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

GOLDEN ERA GAMES said:
He's right. It's like accusations of witchcraft. If they drown you and you come up waterlogged it means you were innocent. Just making these spurious claims are zero cost to the idiots but Steam may have no other options but to suspend the store page until I prove I am NOT a witch.

If these people were in Australia and could be located I would have a lawyer serve papers on them so fast it would make their head spin. One of the reasons Grimoire was delayed recently was my double-checking ownership of every single icon, graphic and sound effect in the game including looking for the email or receipt that showed my purchase. So I had one icon I don't know if I paid the $5 for the collection or not ten years ago and although 90% certain I had at one point I pulled it out and replaced it with a guaranteed safe one from my assets collection.

I am 53 years old and I want to tell you something about human psychology and you never heard truer words in your life ... the person most likely to suspect others of thievery is a thief. A person who gets all their software through illegal torrents assumes everyone else is as crooked as he is because it flatters his vanity to think probably everybody else is no better than me. When you see these people who accuse others of theft it is because they assume everybody else in the world is as crooked as they are.
Thief isn't likely to admit his guilt tho. ;)

Jury is out on this one, if these accusations are indeed true then simple removal of the spurious material wont cut the mustard.

Severian Silk

What happened? Did Cleve steal some grafix?

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
I agree.

The generation gap grows. Feast your eyes on this, which is posted in our shop. Math is fucking hard, ok?

35bsbj6.jpg

I have read some great things on reddit by impressive minds. Unfortunately, the circus of flying shit and monkey fucking is hard to sift through, to find it.

Whipping Post

Educated
Reddit doesn't give a shit if Cleve stole anything or not. It's like the situation with the feds and Al Capone.. tax evasion wasn't actually the problem, but that's what they could nail him for.

Reddit wants to destroy Cleve because his ideas are haram and it boils their piss to see his game succeed.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I haven't been on Reddit in years but I thought it turned into an "alt-right-lite" hang out recently after the 2016 election?

Whipping Post

Educated
I haven't been on Reddit in years but I thought it turned into an alt-right-lite hang out recently after the 2016 election?

Of course it depends on the sub. There's a sub dedicated to the user demographics of Reddit that can shed some light on this. I was browsing it a while back and I remember reading an estimate that there were about twice as many users identifying as liberal compared to conservative. A lot of the far-right element has been exiled to Voat.

Last edited:

majamaja

Augur
I agree.

The generation gap grows. Feast your eyes on this, which is posted in our shop. Math is fucking hard, ok?

35bsbj6.jpg

I have read some great things on reddit by impressive minds. Unfortunately, the circus of flying shit and monkey fucking is hard to sift through, to find it.
That's obviously sarcastic, mein duden. However, it's also troubling that they're forcing associates or whatever to tip else not be refunded for a business lunch. Fuck tipping, and I say that as someone who has worked plenty as a server.

gestalt11

Arbiter

GOLDEN ERA GAMES said:

He's right, the older I get the more I have realized psychological projection is one of the most powerful and fundamental drivers of human behavior.

Iznaliu

Arbiter

You should know better. That is like using a toilet seat and hoping it will be a good sieve.

Unwanted

Wehraboo

Unwanted

Yeah I would totally let someone plaster swastikas on my car while I'm at work and not remove them. That would prove to the world I have nothing to hide!

Kitchen Utensil

Yeah I would totally let someone plaster swastikas on my car while I'm at work and not remove them. [...]

Yeah, I'd do it myself, but unfortunately I don't have a car.

:happytrollboy:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom