Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline STALIN BRANDO'S RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 PREDICTIONS - THE WHITE MAN HATES HIM!

Stella Brando

Arcane
STALIN BRANDO'S RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 PREDICTIONS - THE WHITE MAN HATES HIM!

RedDeadRedemption-Multi-Edit029.jpg

1. RED DEAD 3 WILL BE A PREQUEL

Red Dead Redemption (RD2) was set at the absolute end point in time of the American west, during the Mexican Revolution and the beginning of World War I. The West depicted in RD2 boasted telephones, multiple train lines, semi-automatic weaponry, even early cars. A previous way of life coming to end was a major theme of the game, both for John Marston and the United States. So I think it's extremely unlikely we'll see a sequel to RD2. People asking for this on the internet are fairly ignorant of history, I think. The next game will undoubtedly be a prequel.

S7fpH5B.jpg

2. THE GAME WILL BE PART OF AN EPIC SERIES

It's my belief that Rockstar is envisioning an epic series of games dealing with the conquering of the West. I expect they will set this next game as early as possible - maybe about 50 to 75 years before RD2, in the 1850s or 60's. They will then release new games set every few decades or so until they work their way back to RD2. Certainly setting the new game north-east of the old map suggests an earlier period. In this colder area of mountains and plains, we'll see classic "early western" images - wagon trails, untamed Indians, mountain men, buffalo, etc. I expect the new game will show a west much more unaffected by white settlers.

maxresdefault.jpg

4. WE WILL SEE THE BEGINNING OF BLACKWATER

If you look at the combined world map, there is a central area shared by the two games - West Elizabeth. I think the point of this area will be too show how much the world has changed between the two games. West Elizabeth in the last game was the most developed part of the map - with no gang hideouts, the city of Blackwater, cars, etc. I believe in the new game this will be the least developed part of the map - with free Indians, vast herds of buffalo, very few white settlers, etc. I suspect that Blackwater will be started during the new game - maybe the first settler will arrive, the first house will be built, or something similar. The series will probably follow the development of Blackwater from wilderness to city.

2_midi.jpg

With it's eastern plains and western mountains, West Elizabeth has been compared to Colorado, which is nestled between the Great Plains and Rocky Mountains. Colorado may mean different things to different people - legalized weed, Dumb and Dumber... I've never been to the United States, but to me Colorado suggests two things - Centennial, and the Sand Creek Massacre. Centennial is the epic 70's book and TV miniseries which follows the development of the town "Centennial" throughout American history. I've seen the miniseries, I haven't read the book. At the beginning the series shows early Indian tribes and white explorers. It then follows their descendants through history all the way to 1976. The town of Centennial is established in 1876 (hence the name - it's the 100th anniversary of the United States). Later episodes are set around the time of RD2 and show some of the same things in the game - revolution in Mexico, early cars, etc. Apart from "How the West Was Won" I know of no other western movie or TV show that takes this 'epic' approach to the west, following it from beginning to end. I believe Centennial has been a big influence on the makers of the Red Dead series and give an idea of where the series is headed. Blackwater will be Rockstar's own version of Centennial.

SCMem.JPG

5. THE STORY WILL INVOLVE A DISASTER FOR THE INDIAN

Several Indian characters in RD2 mention a 'disaster' that occurred at some point in their past. Although this could just be the decline of Indians in general, I suspect the next game will show Rockstar's own version of the Sand Creek Massacre. This was an unprovoked massacre of a peaceful Cheyenne village, including women and children, by the low-down Indian Killer Colonel Chivington in Colorado in 1864. This event was also fictionalized in Centennial, in the episode "massacre." I believe RD3 will deal with the betrayal and defeat of the American Indian, including a massacre like that at Sand Creek.

I expect that revisiting RDR2's West Elizabeth will be much more emotional after seeing the area in it's heyday in RD3.

reddeadredemption33.jpg

Let's see if I'm right!

I'm interested in a video game set in the west's great northern plains and mountains. I've always liked this kind of setting.

Stalin Brando is allied with Northwestia, Stalin Brando has always been allied with Northwestia.

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Man, RDR is a fucking drag to finish. Just gets so damn repetitive. Not sure what's with all the hype. I still think Rockstar hasn't released a better game than GTA: San Andreas.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Man, RDR is a fucking drag to finish. Just gets so damn repetitive. Not sure what's with all the hype. I still think Rockstar hasn't released a better game than GTA: San Andreas.

because it's a wild west setting, and there aren't many games that let you be Clint Eastwood

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
What will it be called? Red Dead Revengeance? If so it would allow for the greatest videogame crossover of all time.
maxresdefault.jpg

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Actually it might have very cool atmosphere, if you take into consideration Westerns like Hell on Wheels or Revenant. Snowy mountains, other kind of Indians, grizzlies, trapper towns and all that crap. Western isn't restricted to deserts and mexicans, mind you.
I bet it would be good hiking simulator.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Does RDR follows the same formula of going there, follow the script, you have to assault the train that way and this way, no, no, you did the wrong way, it must be the way we glorious designers made, how we want and when we want, stop ruining our fun player peasant. Alright, you "did" our awesome setpiece, now there are a few dudes for you to headshot on slow motion with your hitscan recoiless guns, had fun? What? You think any other third person shooter is better than this? This is a tourism simulator dude, gameplay is overrated.

Does RDR follows the same modern Rockstar pattern that the modern GTAs follow or it is somehow different? Man, I couldn't stomach GTA 5 for long because of that crap, Rockstar should be making movies because games they don't like to do anymore.

Don Peste

Arcane
Nosalida = Noexit
Escalera = Stair
Tesoro azul = Blue Treasure
Chuparosa = Rosesuck
Las Hermans = The Sistrs
Manteca Falls = Lard Falls

Great Spanish names they have there, very historical.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
There are a few good snow westerns.

I still preferred the southern / Mexican parts of RDR over the northern locations.

Stella Brando

Arcane
With both Revenant and Hateful Eight out recently, this could be the heyday of the cold, northern, western.

Although neither are really good enough to base a game on.

The best North-Westerns, to me, are Jeremiah Johnson and McCabe & Miss Miller. Deadwood almost counts.

Last edited:

Stella Brando

Arcane
Here's a map of the new game.

Dcr0ntv.jpg

Here's the new areas combined with Red Dead Redemption. The central area, West Elizabeth, will appear in both games.

oWOJN5M.jpg

I'm having a little trouble imagining what's in the South-East.

Should I envision the huge river heading south, with Mexico on it's west bank and the United States on the east?

Mexico extends much further north than I expected - it's basically visible from Blackwater.

Did that peninsula look like Mexico in the old game?

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
Looks like an amalgamation of North East, Midwest, Bayou, Appalachia, and Mexico.

I still think Red Dead Revolver was the better of the two games :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom