Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
It's just mean and unfair that Rockstar are not releasing the game on PC at the same time as the console versions. This way those who prefer playing on PC are forced to go with the consoles instead of enjoying the proper version for the their favourite gaming platform (or wait indefinitely long).

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
This way, those who prefer playing on PC are forced to shell out the money for two copies.
The worst part is that PC gamers will have to taste the inferior console versions first, and maybe even complete the game before it will become available for PC at last, or they have the absolutely amazing option of waiting for a year or two and playing the game then (in case it *is* going to be released, which is not 100% guaranteed).

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Nah, not buying a console for this one, I was eager to play the first game and it turned out boring shit which I dropped after ~20 hours (but I kind of hope RDR2 will be better, because I like the setting).

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
I waited for PC version of GTAV, but I will probably get RDR2 on PS4 Pro, finish it once, quickly sell it while it holds value, and then get the PC version for a second playthrough.

Still, it pisses me off that Rockstar is so dedicated to fleecing double dippers.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
-best mountains ever so far in a video game
-vistas are amazing
-interacting with other NPCs seem as the only real innovation here

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
choices and consequences in 2018/2019 AAA video games, so hot right now.

Stella Brando

Arcane
I had a sinking feeling that this game would be too cold - literally cold, like you'd want to bring warm clothes if you visited it.

Now that I see this image I'm 100% in, lol.

IMG_5189-organ-pipe-cactus.jpg

dist1.jpg

Are we looking at Mexico?

We really need an updated map.

Last edited:

Abhay

Augur
I knew it. The gameplay had nothing interesting to show, other than the reminding us about how detailed the open world is. I don't know how many times are they keep on emphasizing on the "detailed" part, as if there were no detailed games ever released until now. Sure, its a pretty looking world with Rockstar's ability to create very detailed and immersive world. Cool!
What aboit the actual gameplay? Its the same fuckin thing getting repeated over and over every release. Be it hanging out, playing a game of cards, or random encounters with MOAR choices and consequences that really are pretty much scripted to be the obvious CHOICE.

I don't know why people are so crazy about Rockstar games, when there are other good developers who offer much better games?

I don't think this game is going to be much different than what we have already experienced in any Rockstar game.
So far it seems just the same old wine in a new bottle

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I don't play the GTA games, so I'm fine with getting the same old wine in a nice updated bottle once per (almost a) decade.

curry

Arcane
So, instead of being able to catch escaped slaves and lynch unwanted blacks your gang is a mixed-race gang, saloons have niggers drinking beer like freemen and you can even have a romance with a black woman. I'm disappointed in this complete lack of historical accuracy.

Rodcocker

Arbiter
It seems to be a supreme effort in world building... but yeah, is it actually going to be any fun? I couldn't give a toss about grooming my virtual horse for friendship points - life is too short for tamagotchi timewasting.

The story seems predictable already. On the run gang, should I turn into a law abiding citizen, likely betrayel, etc, etc... Rockstar always use the same theme, and it is old by now.

Squid

Arbiter
It looks really nice but that's not surprising with how much money Rockstar dumps into their games. Also, I bet the moving camp and friendship ally points is probably just a lot of fluff that you can weirdly grind out into some benefits and if you ignore them the game just tells you that you're a bad person or something.

Last edited:

Stella Brando

Arcane
So, instead of being able to catch escaped slaves and lynch unwanted blacks your gang is a mixed-race gang, saloons have niggers drinking beer like freemen and you can even have a romance with a black woman. I'm disappointed in this complete lack of historical accuracy.

The project's historical adviser is actually quite respected.

sullynathan

Arcane
when there are other good developers who offer much better games?
Who else in the AAA space makes better open world games?
On the run gang, should I turn into a law abiding citizen, likely betrayel, etc, etc... Rockstar always use the same theme, and it is old by now.
Or he might die since it's a prequel

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom