Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Red Alert Online - Press F to spit on its grave

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Obscure-_Types-of-_Niche-_Sexual-_Acts---_Un-_Necrophilia.png

Very popular fetish among devs nowadays.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Tiberian Sun is a mediocre game brought down by a messy development cycle and many half-baked ideas (fairly noticeable in everything, from geo effects to weather effects to the campaign structure to unit special abilities). It still works, but it's not as smooth and fun to play as it should have been.

Plot and setting are still great, though.

It could have been great, but we got something half backed instead.

Both the original Tiberian Dawn and RA2 are superior, gameplay wise. Also, RA2 wins thanks to soundtrack. Not that there isn't a a great C&C soundtrack, bar Generals.

Fite me.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Hellraiser

Arcane
For fucks sake, RA2 had mind-controlled giant squids, Romanov as a complete joke (I have a legacy to consider!!), Carville was a cartoon and got killed by an even bigger cartoon, a fucking crazy ivan. That's all from the base game. Oh and mayan death laser temples?

Sure, gameplay wise it has better unit/faction design and as mentioned, it was not plagued by half-assed features like Tiberian Sun was. But RA2 set the direction for the cutscenes in TW and RA3. Shockingly enough the abomination that shall not be named tried to play the story serious unlike the two prior EA games, only they made the poor decision of shoving the wife down your throat and having a meh plot in addition to shit mechanics overall. Way to kill a franchise EA fucktards.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Now I cannot fully agree with your evaluation of TWs cutscenes here Hellraiser . They were decent and serious. All in all I consider that game an anomaly in EAs standard assimilation protocol.

I thought about you claim for a moment and then I remembered the issue exact issue I had with it. Yes, it did have good non-cheese characters and moments. Ironside's GDI general, Kane obviously, Grace Park's GDI officer and that other GDI officer.

Then you had "cut off your balls" Ajay and "green crystals" Killian and you wonder what were the writers thinking.

Overall TW was good, a pity they made the dumb decisions to retcon a lot from TS (mostly the tiberium spread/effects, including mutants, but also the tech). It has been 11 years since that game was released which I find quite terrifying. Best accept the franchise is dead until EA burns to the ground.

Also I am still butthurt about the aborted second Scrin invasion plot-line. For fucks sake, instead of the abomination that shall not be named we could have had a game about that. Fucking EA cunts!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom