Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Red Alert Online - Press F to spit on its grave

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik

Tencent is doing Red Alert Online for mobile
500050-h2.jpg');

RAPE NEVER STOPS
sliderc2.jpg

AGUUUUUUUUUUUU
images

Quatlo

Arcane
Welll at least the artstyle is from the second and not third one. R...right guys?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Alright, so when do we play?
I'd even install Bluestacks for this shit :lol:

It's not even out. I don't speak Chink and I'd play , I don't know, Girls Frontline or some abomination like that before this one. It's like reverse brand recognition, you purposefully avoid something because it's Chink Red Alert.

Wasn't Generals, like, banned in China despite the Chinese, like, WINNING the campaign and conquering the world?

As usual, it's OpenRa until you like it.

Chinks:*rifling through EA's cabinets*
EA: "Whatcha looking for Tencent?"
Chinks: "Something to rape"
EA: "Everything in there has already been raped good, don't bother"
Chinks: *Holds up RA2* "I bet I could still jackhammer this corpse a few times and get some twicthing out of it"
EA: "Oh all right, you know I can't say no to money"

As usual, it's OpenRa until you like it.
Trash. Play Dawn of the Tiberium Age mod

Last edited:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It's just a moneygrab. Remember Tiberium Alliances. It was even more disgusting but RAO seems like a tiberium alliances reskin for gooks

Grif

Learned
Just when I thought the series could fade into peaceful obscurity...

Hellraiser

Arcane
Hell, I found RA2 to already be decline, so this does not even faze me.

As far as the campaign is considered, compared to Tiberian Sun with it's optional missions and far superior setting, yeah it was. Also it went too much into goofball cheese territory. Tiberian Sun was 90s TV SF series level cheese sure, but RA2 just went into ridiculous cheese territory especially with Yuri's revenge (not nearly as bad as RA3 though) without pretending it was trying to be serious. They also scrubbed the terrain deformation but I doubt anyone wept after that, although if the game had an option to level the terrain after it got cratered, that feature would not be as annoying as it was.

They at least added the separate side bars for unit production, a pity it took until EA's TW to allow us to build outposts without teching all the way to MCV...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also it went too much into goofball cheese territory.

Stop right there criminal scum.

RA2 just went into ridiculous cheese territory especially with Yuri's revenge

No, it didn't go there "especially with". It was only Yuri's Revenge that went full retardo, the base game might have been cheesy but it was still within reasonable levels of cheese.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom