Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recruitable NPC's in Grimoire (Spoilers) - Discussion and Poll

Which are your favorite recruitable NPC's in Grimoire?

• Mistral (Wizard?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lilith (Necromancer)

• Admiral Boondonkle

• Q'orl (Dragon)

• Medea (Necromancer)

• Hathor Sogg (only in Eerie Wastes)

• Greech the Leech (Ranger)

• Snivels (Rhattu)

• Balderdash (Wizard)

• Drak Serat (Assassin)

• Total voters

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I've seen only about half of the game and wanted to start a list of recruitable NPC's - where to find them, their strengths/weaknesses and which ones you like to have in your party.

Little Rosy - Feyfolk Thaumaturge (Level 3) - in Briarpatch Woods (fast mana regen and huge mana pool)

Raghilda - Human Cleric (Level 3/4?) - in Crowl Inn (very fast and has some muscle too, slow mana regeneration)

Junga Din - Thief (Level 1/2?) - The guy you rescue in the Cenotaph (shitty stats from what I remember)

Gorlo - Human Cleric (Level 3/4?) - in Crowl Temple (can join after completing his quest, high spell caster stats)

Mistral - Cleric - you find his bones in the Cenotaph or St. George's Tomb (can be resurrected)

Sir Coffergus - Human Templar (Level 4/5?) - in the Eyrie (can join after completing his quest, pretty good stats)

Chukles - Jester (Level 5/6?) - in Kublai Prison (pretty awesome stats and skills)

Lilith - Necromancer Vamphyr (Level 6/7?) - at the entrance of Skullheim (lots of mana, very slow)

Glib-Glub - Berserker (Level 3/4?) - Saltwyrm Caves under Waterport

Kroondergraf - Sage (Level 10) - Blackspike Mountains (might be the best spellcaster)

Olaf Gigunda - Giant Berserker (Level 6/7?) - Blackspike Mountains (good attack stats, lots of HP)

Admiral Boondonkle - on a stranded ship on Loch Lalai (pretty shitty stats)

Q'orl - chained dragon on the Royal Bestiary map, probably recruitable too

Medea - Human Necromancer - bones in the Ent and Wasp map you reach through the Druid Cave (average stats)

Codex Troll - Drake Bard (Level 9) - in Blackspike Mountains (all stats super high, except DEV, FEL, DES)
Jwt7oaI.png
So those are the 15 I remember, any others?

EDIT:
Balderdash - Wizard - trapped in the Kublai Cathedral, large mana pool and knows Eldritch magic

Greech the Leech
- Wolfin Ranger - Neruzkan Woodlands, mediocre stats

Snivels - Rhattu Thief? Warrior? - Nerukruel Pyramid, mediocre stats

Axe - in Caverns of Zandrithar - can be freed from an artifact

Sword - in Dark Warren? - can be freed from an artifact

Paladar - bones in the vampire castle

Drak Serat - Assassin (Level 3) - in the Mandarin building in Kublai Axis

Xerxes - Giant Berserker - bones in the Haunted Wastes
3RcCuWh.png

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Those are more than those I know of, I haven't met some of these yet - haven't been to the Blackspike Mountains, apparently (how do I get there?).

Also, the Naga Berserker - how do I get into the Naga Caves? I don't remember a place with that name. I have been to the Saltwyrm Caves where you meet Glib-Glub, who is a troglodyte but I haven't hired him so I don't know his class or stats. But I think he is hireable after you rescue him.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Those are more than those I know of, I haven't met some of these yet - haven't been to the Blackspike Mountains, apparently (how do I get there?).

Exit Kublai to the West.

Also, the Naga Berserker - how do I get into the Naga Caves? I don't remember a place with that name. I have been to the Saltwyrm Caves where you meet Glib-Glub, who is a troglodyte but I haven't hired him so I don't know his class or stats. But I think he is hireable after you rescue him.

Yeah, that's the one.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I don't use any of them, so I don't have a favorite. I prefer to use an entirely custom party and the recruitable NPCs are mostly OP anyways. Actually I've been killing them all for the EXP, except the ones that I think are more essential for buying/selling etc.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
All of the dead NPCs are recruitable, afaik. So you are missing at least... two? from there.

Yeah, that Hathor Sogg guy you find at the Eerie Wastes beginning - what is his class and level? And who is the other one?

mondblut

Arcane
Greech the Leech - wolfin ranger - neruzkan woodlands, mediocre stats
Snivels - rhattu something (thief? warrior?) - nerukruel pyramid, mediocre stats

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Man, now I want to restart, jack up the difficulty, and run with an all-NPC or an all-but-one-NPC party.
Yeah, I think I'm going to do this when V2 comes around. I gave it a try earlier with a metalsmith but it was pretty hard.

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
Chuckles is pretty awesome. Raghilda/Gorlo are a pretty sweet deal, I usually get Raggy even though her mana regen can be painfully slow at times. Little Rosy is cheesy but it's wonderful being able to cast level 7 knock knock time and again without having to rest :love:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
There's Balderdash, the OP as fuck Drow Wizard that has a massive mana pool, super high stats and knows Eldritch magic:

KUokiuV.png

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yeah, met him but didn't try to recruit. Good to know that he's recruitable too.

Brood_Star

Novice
Mistral is a Cleric.

I don't know when stats are generated exactly, but from save reloading, HP+Vit+ Mana and 2 or 3 stats are generally fixed and the rest are random, as well as skills. Rosy, as noted by everyone and their mother, comes with stats like all around 60s at level 1. Raghilda starts with very low Cleric stats (30 int 30 wis 30 dev, something like that), but a large mana pool and ridiculously high skills (up to 80). Also, STR/CON can go as high as 70-80. These are both for level 1 characters. Shame Raghilda is a Cleric, which seems to be a not very useful class.

Junga Din and Gorlo have garbage stats in the 20-30s. Mistral has above average stats and comes at level 2, which means room for improvement, but again, Cleric and ugly ass portrait.

The big caveat is that... stats don't matter all that much. Raghilda's 80 STR does the same damage as any Cleric with 30. Damage seems entirely governed by weapon skill and weapon base roll modifier. High CON doesn't matter because VIT is reduced in %s, so it's actually a negative in some ways because Refresh is less effective, but I suppose you are more resistant to some things. INT/DEV/DEV have little to almost no effect—people overrate DEV because it's the only one with an immediately noticeable effect, but dumping 30-40 of your attribute points for a +40-50 mana increase by level 10 is fairly negligible when you're hoping to cast spells that cost upwards of 400.

So, basically, play with whomever you want. All in all, I think the thing you look for in characters are speed, one early skillbot, class(+race), and a high HP/Mana pool. Most NPCs have mana pools that your created characters can only dream of. At least until Cleve decides the stat system needs tweaking.

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
Codexian is not found in Skulheim, I took that SS there because I had resurrect him there, you find him in Blackspike Moutain, somewhere in that lava part. What you find in Skulheim is Paladar, sadly I can't access that place right now(it's closed forever for me), so I don't know his class(just that his bone is there). I also have two NPCs that I don't know how to save them, they were turned in weapons:
3M6IvFk.png

szVOFkY.png

Axe was found in Caverns of Zandrithar. As for Sword, I don't remember if it was in Dark Warren or not.
There is also this one:
3RcCuWh.png
Xerxes's bones is found in Haunted Wastes.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Rosy, as noted by everyone and their mother, comes with stats like all around 60s at level 1. Raghilda starts with very low Cleric stats (30 int 30 wis 30 dev, something like that), but a large mana pool and ridiculously high skills (up to 80). Also, STR/CON can go as high as 70-80. These are both for level 1 characters.

Unless Cleve changed it recently, both Little Rosy and Raghilda started out as Level 3 in the release version.

Viata

Arcane
Axe - in Caverns of Zandrithar - can be turned into a weapon

Sword - in Dark Warren? - can be turned into a weapon
Not that. They are "weapons" when you find them. I can't use it, though. That is why the description says 'artifact'. Trying to save them is one of the reason I'm still playing my last save.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yeah, I noticed that I misread that and changed the description. How do you access the rest of the Zandrithar Caverns by the way? There is only that death cross or whatever it's called. I guess some items needs to be used with it?

Viata

Arcane
Yeah, I noticed that I misread that and changed the description. How do you access the rest of the Zandrithar Caverns by the way? There is only that death cross or whatever it's called. I guess some items needs to be used with it?
In Nerukruel Pyramid, at the top, you find a red skull on one of those four bulls's statues. That is Zandrithar's skull. Use that.

mondblut

Arcane
In Nerukruel Pyramid, at the top, you find a red skull on one of those four bulls's statues. That is Zandrithar's skull. Use that.

What if he can be resurrected too? :philosoraptor:

I suppose the bones of Hathor Sogg in his burial niche can't be raised, only the skull. So it's either the temple with all its skill raises and arcana spellbooks, or an NPC :(

Viata

Arcane

What if he can be resurrected too? :philosoraptor:

I suppose the bones of Hathor Sogg in his burial niche can't be raised, only the skull. So it's either the temple with all its skill raises and arcana spellbooks, or an NPC :(
Well, if Hthor Sogg is just the skull and you can resurrect him, the same should happen to Zandrithar. To be honest, I was more interest in his dungeon than in him. There is also two Rhattu's bones there, but I ignored that.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Found Bones of Paladar in the vampire castle, took them with me, says he can be resurrected if I examine the item, but I have a full party so won't do it right now :M

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Anyone found a recruitable Assassin or Pirate? I suppose the pirates in Waterport or on the ship weren't recruitable?

Haru

Savant
Anyone found a recruitable Assassin or Pirate? I suppose the pirates in Waterport or on the ship weren't recruitable?
I never tried -- but maybe Mandarin's assassin in Kublai?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom