Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rebound: The Binding of Isaac Rebirth remake

TheGreatOne

Arcane
Who the fuck remakes a 3 year old game that belongs to game series that consists of one (1) game so far? Why is it that all the games that get remakes are the ones that don't need one and all games that could actually benefit from a remake get fuck all or a fan project that goes no where/gets shut down?
If you want to get rid of Flash, just make the sequel on something else.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It essentially IS a sequel. He's adding enough content to effectively call it that. More than the Wrath of the Lamb DLC which added quite a bit.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Who the fuck remakes a 3 year old game that belongs to game series that consists of one (1) game so far? Why is it that all the games that get remakes are the ones that don't need one and all games that could actually benefit from a remake get fuck all or a fan project that goes no where/gets shut down?
If you want to get rid of Flash, just make the sequel on something else.
I usually don't give much attention to sequels too, as i think just like you do.
But i enjoyed this game so fucking much that i don't care, i just trust how edmund's sense of game design works.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Okay, as much as I like BoI you're a little bit too ghey for Edmund.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
ImageProxy.mvc
tumblr_inline_n3c8hlnGxf1rq0wgw.jpg

z66FMGv.gif

4InmTHz.gif

Last edited:

Farage

Arcane
Patron
To be fair it was pretty laggy in full-screen mode
Vectors tend to use more memory from the computer, because they aren't pre-loaded.
Meanwhile, bitmap images needs to be pre-loaded.
Thats why BoI initiates so fast and starts to lag when theres too much stuff on the screen. While bitmap games takes forever to load.

Gozma

Arcane
Non-sequitur to thread but this is the most recent Binding of Isaac topic: Does the DLC help the original BoI much? I kinda like the base game but it's giving me the same trouble as Spelunky/action-roguelikes in general in that I find the easy stuff too boring and slow to keep repeating but the later stuff keeps killing me.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The DLC adds a lot of new enemies, bosses, and items. It also makes the game much harder.

Coyote

Arcane
You should be able to disable the DLC in the Steam version by right-clicking on the game in the library -> Properties -> DLC -> unchecking Install next to Wrath of the Lamb. I haven't tested it, but according to some guy on the Steam forums it'll just redownload the original Isaac.exe since WotL replaces it. Not sure how it affects your profile/unlockables.

Gozma

Arcane
It actually has a much smarter design than I thought at first. The first few levels are generally really easy and function as in-game tutorials for a first time player. Really boring on replay, right? But then, the devil room mechanic gives someone that has played a few times a very good reason to put in the effort to "no-miss" all these easy rooms/bosses, both because the devil rooms spawn when you don't take any damage on the level and because inside them you trade heart containers for power-ups (which will luck-proof you in case you don't get any damage output powerups otherwise), meaning you can easily be doing the weaker floors with 1 heart in anticipation of later stuff. Same thing for the challenge room mechanic.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Thats weird, i feel like it's missing a lot of animations from the original.
Looks stiffer

toroid

Arcane
Intentionally choosing "retro" low resolution as an art style has become overused unappealing shit... and the new music gives me rabies in my ballsack.
Was looking forward to this when I first heard it was happening, mostly because I was looking forward to a less buggy non-Flash version. But now I'm completely unable to get excited about it.

sbb

Learned
This art style is a different sort of retro though. It's not really retro, it's just... lo-fi, sort of. It's really well-done, in any case. It looks a hell of a lot better than that one art style Flash is seemingly capable of

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I have to say I'm warming up to the new artstyle, but it still feels like an unnecessary switch. I've played a ton of Isaac, and it's been a lot of fun, so can't see myself not getting this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom