Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rebound: The Binding of Isaac Rebirth remake

Multi-headed Cow

http://sticktwiddlers.com/2012/08/27/the-binding-of-isaac-remake-coming-to-consoles-pc/

:yeah:
Dropping Flash!
Tons of new content!
Maybe co-op!
Dropping Flash!

I assume he isn't quite bro enough to upgrade existing Isaac owners on Steam for free on this, but an additional discount if you own the original game would fit and is entirely possible via the magic of Steam. I'd be up for this even though I haven't played nearly as much as some bros (Like Mr Metro) I still thought it was a damn fine game and played a pile of hours.

Also less interested in co-op than I am for dropping Flash (THANK GOD) and new content.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
:takemymoney:

Although part of me wishes he would work on another (new) title.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
The man who did VVVVVV was BRO enough to release the new version of his game when he moved away from Flash.

Multi-headed Cow

The man who did VVVVVV was BRO enough to release the new version of his game when he moved away from Flash.
That didn't add "Tons of new content" though, right? That's mainly why I imagine he'll charge for this.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
To be honest I'd rather he just make a full on sequel or a new game entirely. Why do indie developers seem intent on milking everything they release for all it's worth?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
To be honest I'd rather he just make a full on sequel or a new game entirely. Why do indie developers seem intent on milking everything they release for all it's worth?
Yeah. I really like Binding of Isaac, but after so many runs through the game I really don't feel like playing it any more, regardless of any new items :/

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well, in the case of Wrath of the Lamb it basically transformed the the earlier levels with new content with the new bosses, monsters, unlocks, etc. And in a game like Isaac it sort of doesn't really matter if you add a new tile-set or whatever since the rooms are just a means to shuffle the aforementioned stuff at you.

Base game was $5? Expansion $3? Doubt he'd charge more than $5 for this and probably have a discount for people who already own it.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS THIS GAME WAS WELL DONE EOUGH THAT I THINK EVEN SLIGHTLY DIFFFERNT BUT MORE OF THE SAME IS BETTER THAN MOST SHIT OUT THERE

Multi-headed Cow

Metro's total:
The Binding of Isaac
196.1 hrs on record

A non-Codexer friend of mine:
The Binding of Isaac
44.0 hrs / 237.7 hrs

Gotta Isaac harder, Dwarvenfood!

my time:
The Binding of Isaac
25.0 hrs on record

laclongquan

Arcane

And nothing wrong with that. My question that why is this that the western developers must jump on new world setting like notch-collecting playboys, avoid the old like plague.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
A remake?I am not exactly happy with this,I hope he makes all the new content available as an expnsion to current owners.
I know the game is cheap and the remake will probably be cheap too,especially considering the hours someone can sink into it but I don't like having two copies of the same thing?

I wonder what does the The Brazilian Slaughter think of this?

Metro's total:

my time:
The Binding of Isaac
25.0 hrs on record

Only 25 hours MHC?Even I have over 50 hours on record and I have very little free time,GabeN will not be happy :rpgcodex:

Multi-headed Cow

It's about being a naked crying baby and killing your mother.
OR IS IT!? I have no goddamn idea since I've seen people trying to figure out what's really going on and I don't give enough of a shit to read it!

For gameplay it's a basic arcadey shooter with randomized level design, lots of enemies and bosses with different attack patterns and such, and many items that change your character. Skill is certainly important but luck plays a huge role too. Often considered a roguelike or a roguelike-like because you'll die a lot, a lot is randomized, and you can't save scum since you can't save at all. It's a good game.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

It's about being a naked crying baby and killing your mother.
OR IS IT!? I have no goddamn idea since I've seen people trying to figure out what's really going on and I don't give enough of a shit to read it!

For gameplay it's a basic arcadey shooter with randomized level design, lots of enemies and bosses with different attack patterns and such, and many items that change your character. Skill is certainly important but luck plays a huge role too. Often considered a roguelike or a roguelike-like because you'll die a lot, a lot is randomized, and you can't save scum since you can't save at all. It's a good game.

What he said,it's also pretty cheap and you could spend dozens of hours playing it if you lke it,great value/money ratio

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I'd pay to have it removed from my games list on steam and all evidence of purchase destroyed

Baron

Arcane
Is this that 80s arcade where you keep clicking the fire button and dodging projectiles?

:keepmymoney:

Humppaleka

Cipher
Good news, spent about 70 hours on BoI so far. Flash is shit.
On another note, am I the only one who thinks the Wrath of the Lamb expansion wasn't that good... I mean, it added loads of new shit, but somehow it made the game buggy and random as hell. You cannot get anywhere without flight, some rooms are just pure suicide and meant to kill you/force you to take damage, the new enemies act completely random, projectile paths seem to have changed, sometimes I take damage out of thin air etc.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah the vanilla game is no more, maybe he should have sticked with the new content just inside the challenges, but on the other hand, having played it for so much, it is a welcome change to have it randomized up a bit more and with a bit of extra difficulty.

Humppaleka

Cipher
I agree, but the extra difficulty seems to come through bullshit "betyouain'tgettingthroughthisroomwithouttakingdamage" -design and random enemy behavior which is annoying at times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom