Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rebound: The Binding of Isaac Rebirth remake

Black

Arcane
Real Plat God is here, worship me, inferior creatures.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Did they change secret rooms? Sometimes bombs won't open them for some reason or you can only open it from one direction? They also nerfed the shit out of Krampus' head and Dark Bum will randomly drop friendly or enemy spiders now.
:x
Anyone notice any other changes?

Black

Arcane
Yup, can't enter special rooms from sekrit rooms. Bombs are even more worthless, keys even more precious.
Tho dark bum needed nerfing, he was just too good.

Multi-headed Cow

How many hours played?
Exactly 200. Ironically, getting super meat boy and bandage gurrl took more time than 100%ing The Lost.
Cool beans, a lot of time played but not as much time as I feared it might take.

Also that dark bum nerf seems mighty harsh. He was good but eating red hearts and possibly dropping spiders? Man. Didn't know you could no longer bomb through secret rooms into shops and shit now either. Haven't played much since the recent patch since I've been Dead Stating pretty hard.

Murk

Arcane
Did Krampus' head get switched to 6 room charge?

Easiest way to get meat boy and bandage girl at level 4 is to cheese it with tons of red hearts + sharp plug + monster manual; does require a positive feedback loop with bloody penny + iv bag, or something else equal to it (blank card + lovers would work too)

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Fun fact: it's possible to get two Dead Cats during a single run (dunno if it's by design, or just a bug). It takes your extra lives up to 18, but it still counts as one item for Guppy purposes.

Coyote

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow, @Mikayel uh, Murk, and anyone else who was disappointed by the music in Rebirth: someone has modded back in the original soundtrack.

OGxhizors said:
I ported the original soundtrack into rebirth after seeing a handful of people requesting it, and also finding myself getting a bit burnt out with the new one.

Of course before anyone asks, no this mod does not include any executables.

Installation is simple; just unzip the archive into your game's resources folder:

\Steam\SteamApps\common\The Binding of Isaac Rebirth\resources\

The resources folder should now contain two folders:

packed\
music\

Want to keep certain new songs, but override others?

After installing just delete the ones you don't want: http://pastebin.com/SQSx034M

I've tested it up through the womb, and aside from some minor issues - the transition between floors gets cut off, and there are a few places like angel rooms and upon discovery of secret rooms where Rebirth tracks still play - it's working great.

For the best experience, go with the version by Robfank and update by Nee_Bagwell linked at the bottom of the post; the OP's version has some additional issues like a long delay before victory music is played and some tracks getting cut off in the middle. Create a "music" folder in The Binding of Isaac Rebirth\resources and unpack the files there (the OP created this folder before archiving, but Robfank did not), and make sure that you don't miss the credits.ogg file, which wasn't linked by the OP but appears in Nee_Bagwell's explanation post here. Also note that Nee_Bagwell switched in the original BoI boss fight track, so don't use his version of Basic Boss Fight.ogg if you prefer WotL's.

Someone on the Steam forums also made this so that you can easily switch between the old and new music without having to move files around:

Code:
@ECHO OFF
CLS
:MENU
ECHO.
ECHO .....................................................
ECHO Toggle The Binding of Isaac Rebirth music to original
ECHO .....................................................
ECHO.
ECHO 1 - Change music back to Rebirth OST.
ECHO 2 - Change music to original Binding of Isaac OST.
ECHO 3 - Exit and run game.
ECHO.
SET /P M=Type 1, 2, or 3 then press ENTER:
IF %M%==1 GOTO REB
IF %M%==2 GOTO OST
IF %M%==3 GOTO GAM
:REB
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Binding of Isaac Rebirth\resources
ren music music_off
GOTO MENU
:OST
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Binding of Isaac Rebirth\resources
ren music_off music
GOTO MENU
:GAM
start steam://rungameid/250900
exit
GOTO MENU

Save as a .bat file in Notepad, and use it if you ever want to switch soundtracks. Obviously you'll need to replace the paths if you installed Rebirth somewhere else.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Great stuff Coyote , thanks! Although I've grown to appreciate certain Rebirth tracks already, so now I'll have to decide which tracks to switch.

Multi-headed Cow

I'm no Black, but I just got golden god, hurray! :happytrollboy:

Was a fun run. Did Eve who I don't really like but I wanted to tick off some different boss kills and unlock shit. Barely scraped by into the womb with some really fucking awful offense (Low damage, cursed eye thing, sister Maggy and headless baby were my main sources of damage) but huge defense (Good pile of black and blue hearts, assloads of red because of an early prayer card, the relic (I think that's the name. The "Ignore first damage taken per room" thing), couple orbitals). Figured I was pretty much fucked but pressing on anyway. Got a dice-room with a 6. Figured what the hell and went for it. 6 rerolls all your items, ended up with assloads of shit. Double mom's knife, flight, some crazy as fuck explosive tear bomb thing (Not sure what combination caused it, every bomb and BBF would explode into nearly screen-filling tears which then flew around, shattering into smaller tears which then headed toward me). Completely turned the run around, and what was probably going to be a loss on It Lives turned into a fairly easy Lamb kill. All 3 Satan stages even died in probably under 15 seconds. Those bombs were insane.

Multi-headed Cow

About fucking time. Got Isaac and blue baby kill with blue baby. Blue baby has been a goddamn nightmare for me. D6 is mine. :kfc:

Didn't get any life gaining stuff that run either. No devil beggar, no prayer card, nuttin. What kicked the run into overdrive was getting Dr. Fetus, which synergized with... uh... Whatever I had that gave poison tears. I'd shoot a timed Bob's rotten head which would then explode and leave behind a regular bomb. I had enough speed upgrades that I could just barely manage to dodge it most of the time, and I picked up an early nine lives with a deal with the devil which let me burn up like 4 on the blue baby fight until I managed to dodge all his shit AND my shit. I attribute my recent Isaac success to Coyote and having proper music.

Multi-headed Cow

Mega Satan ded. CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP

836B325B378F24124BA3E2C65133B332A0D4CA5F

Murk

Arcane
I finally got the foogin brimstone + ludovico combo. Gloooriouss.... until you go into a room with a TnT barrel next to where you start ;D

Palikka

Arcane
God Head has appeared in the basement! \o/

Jesus, fuck Lost. Never again.
Finally killed the blue baby with nine lives/brim/lil brim/holy mantle and eventually Guppy. Hard to get more carried than that! (maybe nine live/knife/poly)

And how the fuck did they screw up the latest patch?? Cant pre-charge brim before entering rooms..

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Pre-charging brimstone was in the original game though, seems like a change that would be documented like they did with no more infinite soul hearts.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Wtf is wrong with you people? Why does everyone seem to love this game? It looks completely stupid. I'm genuinely curious.

Palikka

Arcane
REAL PLATINUM GOD! \o/

144 hours in. Last item to be found was Steven. Had to grind Basement I to find the right boss and there hope that the boss drop would be Steven and not lil Steven.

And the re-charging before entering new rooms has been fixed, I believe bombing to special rooms from the secret room is as well.
Alles gut. Real platinum gut.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom