Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Rebecca Heineman's Dragons of the Rip (formerly Dragon Wars 2)

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Anyone see this?

Rebecca Heinz said:
Rebecca Heineman: Newport Beach is expensive, and after 2 years and $4 million, there should already be some kick ass demos. Where are they? If they don't go beta soon, they will be dipping into the Bard's Tale IV money to stay afloat. Numera was promised to be out at the end of last year. So, it's really late as it is.

That is one catty tranny. :lol:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone see this?

Rebecca Heinz said:
Rebecca Heineman: Newport Beach is expensive, and after 2 years and $4 million, there should already be some kick ass demos. Where are they? If they don't go beta soon, they will be dipping into the Bard's Tale IV money to stay afloat. Numera was promised to be out at the end of last year. So, it's really late as it is.

Not to mention: https://www.facebook.com/burgerbeck...s=16&comment_tracking={"tn":"R0"}&pnref=story

Derek Smart said:
True. But it is customary to have various projects in the works. And my guess is that $4m is long gone by now. Guaranteed.

(FWIW, I recently asked Brother None and he says no, the original KS budget still isn't used up)

But really, she must be a bit upset that there are more calls to hire Cleve Blakemore than there are to hire her. :P

Darkzone

Arcane
Her/His butthurt is only hurting her/his self and her/his project. She/He should congratulate Fargo and encourage the development of The Bard's Tale IV. Nobody likes a sore loser.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Perhaps the name of the project is good subliminal salesmanship. This morning I tore an envelope and as I did I thought, "Dragons of the Rip!" to coincide with the ripping sound.

Stupid but true.

Alchemist

Arcane
Her/His butthurt is only hurting her/his self and her/his project. She/He should congratulate Fargo and encourage the development of The Bard's Tale IV. Nobody likes a sore loser.

Yeah this attitude of hers is increasingly distasteful and I'm becoming much less inclined to follow her project. She really loves to burn bridges I guess. Notice how all the other RPG studios are showing their support of Bard's Tale IV? This kind of petty shit-talking will get her nowhere. It's a shame because this project could have been something interesting.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's a shame because this project could have been something interesting.
Oh, I think it still could. Heinemann and Jaquays both have enough good work in the bank to make me think they could have some cool ideas and reasonably strong implementation. It wouldn't be the first project the Codex paid attention to in spite of its creator's personality. But it's true that this petty sniping = bad PR = less Kickstarter $ = fewer resources to work with (assuming the KS succeeds at all).

I'll still hope for a good shoestring game until they truly crash and burn their name. Don't think that's happened quite yet. But they're certainly not off to a great start.

mondblut

Arcane
She really loves to burn bridges I guess.

"She" cut off his dick, for fuck's sake. Why are you surprised?

I almost admire this obsession with torching one's own future. If only bioware would be like "her", watching them crashing and burning would be glorious.

Alchemist

Arcane
It's a shame because this project could have been something interesting.
Oh, I think it still could. Heinemann and Jaquays both have enough good work in the bank to make me think they could have some cool ideas and reasonably strong implementation. It wouldn't be the first project the Codex paid attention to in spite of its creator's personality. But it's true that this petty sniping = bad PR = less Kickstarter $ = fewer resources to work with (assuming the KS succeeds at all).

I'll still hope for a good shoestring game until they truly crash and burn their name. Don't think that's happened quite yet. But they're certainly not off to a great start.
Yeah I agree they could still make a good game. The problem is, the more she rips on Fargo, the more she alienates Bard's Tale IV supporters / inXile fans in general - who could have been supporters of her game. They already were an underdog and now it's going to be worse. There won't be any shout-outs from inXile when Olde Skuul's kickstarter goes live, that's for sure.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Every time I see the game's title and how its devs are a pair or trannies who like generating drama and acting butthurt I imagine Dragons of the Rip's plot reveal trailer, if it ever gets one, being like this:
beingsomeoneyourenottop24.png

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Anyone see this?

Rebecca Heinz said:

All I see is a bunch of old industry has beens being butthurt over InXile and their succes. Step up or shut up.

Whiran

Magister
All I see is a bunch of old industry has beens being butthurt over InXile and their succes. Step up or shut up.
You mean like going really old school?

10 PRINT "Hello World"
20 GOTO 10

>run

Oh yeah, I still gots it. Think I could join their team and bring the old school skills?

Klarion

Arcane
Burger Becky is just being butterhurt because Fargo didn't hire her for BT4 when she offered herself. How lame is that!?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1618186175134594&id=1617080278578517

We have been having some amazing conversations with some of the great designers from the earliest years of role play games like Dungeons & Dragons and Runequest, and talking about their involvement in DotR. We are totally pumped up about the idea that they may be contributors to the project.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153026676962637&set=a.56707762636.68001.588877636&type=1

yJDY2rv.jpg

Got to talk to Larry Elmore about Dragons of the Rip. :) I wonder why?

https://www.facebook.com/jennell.jaquays/posts/823903394368321

So far, since getting to NTRPG con tonight, I've had nice chats with Steve Perrin (author of the the original RQ rules) and artist Larry Elmore (who I used to work with at TSR ) Had to introduce myself to Larry and then we just kept talking old times. It was great!

This is getting olde more and more, heh.

Alchemist

Arcane
Holy shit - I have a weakness for Elmore. If they get him on board my interest in this will skyrocket.

Most likely it would just be for a cover painting though.

Renevent

Cipher
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1618186175134594&id=1617080278578517

We have been having some amazing conversations with some of the great designers from the earliest years of role play games like Dungeons & Dragons and Runequest, and talking about their involvement in DotR. We are totally pumped up about the idea that they may be contributors to the project.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153026676962637&set=a.56707762636.68001.588877636&type=1

yJDY2rv.jpg

Got to talk to Larry Elmore about Dragons of the Rip. :) I wonder why?

https://www.facebook.com/jennell.jaquays/posts/823903394368321

So far, since getting to NTRPG con tonight, I've had nice chats with Steve Perrin (author of the the original RQ rules) and artist Larry Elmore (who I used to work with at TSR ) Had to introduce myself to Larry and then we just kept talking old times. It was great!

This is getting olde more and more, heh.

Just like a woman...doing nothing but talk talk talk with a lot of complaining thrown in. Waxing poetic about the old days and taking pictures with people doesn't make games.

Last edited:

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Holy shit - I have a weakness for Elmore. If they get him on board my interest in this will skyrocket.

Most likely it would just be for a cover painting though.

I don't want to sound like a big nerd, but eh, here goes. I spoke to Elmore at Garycon and bought an autographed poster in 2014. This year I spoke to Jeff Easley at the same event (he did the MMVI cover, and a bit more.) I'm not an industry insider, I'm just some slob. The deal is that you can get a pretty good deal on commissioned artwork from these guys now that a lot of the PNP RPG market is a little dried up. Still may cost you, but not as much as when M&M and their ilk were using top shelf artists to establish RPG cred/D&D was at the height of its game.

I am thinking this is a shrewd move on Becky's part: she is interested in the old school Elmore cover for cred (and I'll be honest: it works for me), and if her product never makes it to market, she'll have a damn fine work of art. So, if this is her intention, or what she is implying, it's a good solid move.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I think Jaquay's artwork is more interesting. Elmore's is more polished and generic IMO.
So they already have a good artist, but hopefully if Elmore is to do the art, it will free up Jaquay to do design, while hopefully Burger concentrates on the programming. With Burger's fascination for anime and bragging about stuff she did 25 years ago, I must admit I think she's the weakest link in this project. But I wouldn't be upset if proved wrong...

Darkzone

Arcane

Huhhh. Does Rebecca read the codex? Had Rebecca read my post?.... Do i have now a trans.g. stalker?
Now that tweet is how a person acts that is confident of his / her work and product. Very good Becky.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom