Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Rebecca Heineman's Dragons of the Rip (formerly Dragon Wars 2)

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
They're gonna fail. Hard. Which is a shame.

Alchemist

Arcane
I'm generally rooting for Olde Skuul / Heineman and company but they need to stop acting all butthurt about Bard's Tale and inXile. It just makes them appear very childish and unprofessional.

Weasel
I'm generally rooting for Olde Skuul / Heineman and company but they need to stop acting all butthurt about Bard's Tale and inXile. It just makes them appear very childish and unprofessional.

Exactly. It's quite embarrassing reading that constant whining.

Darkzone

Arcane
Shame? No. Just a reality check. They have the wrong motivation. Butthurt over not being included in the Team, that is making of sequel to a cRPG, that is never a good motivation for their own project. If they wanted to make a real cRPG, then they would have starterted over 2 years ago as Obsidian and inXile has done their Kickstarters. And then with one year preparation and with a good working demo, they would have gathered the necessary money.

m_s0

Arcane
Shame? No. Just a reality check. They have the wrong motivation. Butthurt over not being included in the Team
This man would like to have a word with you:

ZLlqtuc.jpg

But yeah, it doesn't look like it's going to work here. Too much whining, not enough rock'n'roll.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Shame? No. Just a reality check. They have the wrong motivation. Butthurt over not being included in the Team, that is making of sequel to a cRPG, that is never a good motivation for their own project. If they wanted to make a real cRPG, then they would have starterted over 2 years ago as Obsidian and inXile has done their Kickstarters. And then with one year preparation and with a good working demo, they would have gathered the necessary money.

I agree.

Which is, again, a shame.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Oh, it was supposed to be seen...

https://www.facebook.com/burgerbecky/posts/10153024338062637

I saw the Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter video and have to ask myself, "Why did the kid keep doing a shout out to our company Olde Sküül? Yes, it's pronounced "Old School". While I was not asked to work on Bard's Tale IV, we're making Dragons of the Rip, from the ACTUAL PEOPLE who made The Bard's Tale III: Thief of Fate, Dragon Wars and Myth III: The Wolf Age. May I invite you to like the official page for our new game, Dragons of the Rip!

— with Jennell Jaquays, Seth Sternberger, Trevor Snowden, Tom Smit, Rusel DeMaria, Michelle Sternberger, Maurine Starkey, Kurt Heiden, Susan Halbleib Manley, Caspian Priebe.

Not to mention that the designer of Dark Tower and Caverns of Thracia (two venerated classic adventures for the original Dungeons & Dragons table top RPG) and artists from the classic D&D Gold Box CRPGs involved!

What the fuck... are they really serious? The butthurt must be very big if they actually think that was a "shout out" to them.
I can only imagine this is some convoluted attempt to get internet traffic their way. Although they might as well just post "Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter..." in that case.

Darkzone

Arcane
Shame? No. Just a reality check. They have the wrong motivation. Butthurt over not being included in the Team

ZLlqtuc.jpg

But yeah, it doesn't look like it's going to work here. Too much whining, not enough rock'n'roll.
No. No. No. This man has outgrown Hawkwind, and he had to leave because this pair of shoes were to small for him. Also Calvert was afraid of him, because of his singing of the Silver Machine (their only major hit). At the end he became the Superstar, while Hawkwind became despite amazing songs only a footnote of Rock history.

mondblut

Arcane
- "You start off with one world. Once you defeat the bad guy of the world, you think the game is over, but in reality the game has just began. Because you've now open up a rip which takes you to nexus where you will find other rips to other worlds."

Well, now I know where they got their name. However, it's still pretty dumb. They could accomplish the same thing with:
"Dragons of the Gash" or "Dragons of the Slit"
or make it a blockbuster with "Dragons of the Cleve"

* ok, all kidding aside, wouldn't "Dragons of the Rend" sound a little more mysterious/professional?

Rift, forfucksake. It's spelled "rift". Not "rip" :roll:

(edit: ah, I see a lot of the Codex on the previous page has more taste in naming a game than Bill the Rebecca...)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dragons of the Puncture (piercing damage type)
Dragons of the Bruise (crushing damage type)

m_s0

Arcane

ZLlqtuc.jpg

No. No. No. This man has outgrown Hawkwind, and he had to leave because this pair of shoes were to small for him. Also Calvert was afraid of him, because of his singing of the Silver Machine (their only major hit). At the end he became the Superstar, while Hawkwind became despite amazing songs only a footnote of Rock history.
Both sides were kind done with one another at that point for lots of reasons (Lemmy not being the easiest guy to deal with is one of them), but the initial spark behind Motorhead really comes down to butthurt.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Rift, forfucksake. It's spelled "rift". Not "rip" :roll:

(edit: ah, I see a lot of the Codex on the previous page has more taste in naming a game than Bill the Rebecca...)
I agree: Dragons of the Ript would be a lot better name. The dragons ripped a hole in space, they didn't rip space. I suppose the game comes down to closing these "ripts" in space.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh, it was supposed to be seen...

https://www.facebook.com/burgerbecky/posts/10153024338062637

I saw the Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter video and have to ask myself, "Why did the kid keep doing a shout out to our company Olde Sküül? Yes, it's pronounced "Old School". While I was not asked to work on Bard's Tale IV, we're making Dragons of the Rip, from the ACTUAL PEOPLE who made The Bard's Tale III: Thief of Fate, Dragon Wars and Myth III: The Wolf Age. May I invite you to like the official page for our new game, Dragons of the Rip!

— with Jennell Jaquays, Seth Sternberger, Trevor Snowden, Tom Smit, Rusel DeMaria, Michelle Sternberger, Maurine Starkey, Kurt Heiden, Susan Halbleib Manley, Caspian Priebe.

Not to mention that the designer of Dark Tower and Caverns of Thracia (two venerated classic adventures for the original Dungeons & Dragons table top RPG) and artists from the classic D&D Gold Box CRPGs involved!

This is embarassing, borderline pathetic.

SniperHF

Arcane

I would pledge instantly just for the sheer curiosity (like Death Fire) to see what they could pull off. All this crap will keep me from doing even that.

getter77

Augur
Somehow, I read that as moreso tongue in cheek though I can see where it could come off a bit flat from most other angles---like if the Coles were having a day where the toast kept landing butter side down.

I guess once it really comes down to video and whatnot as far as them laying out there case for funding and a good game outright that'll clear the air one way or another. Still, I'd rather see them roll with exuberant optimism and really working the P&P roots angle overall as that's got to be more universally savvy.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What the fuck... are they really serious? The butthurt must be very big if they actually think that was a "shout out" to them.

No.

I can only imagine this is some convoluted pathetic attempt to get internet traffic their way.

FTFY.

It's called a sad attempt to ride on someone else's coattails. It's too bad, I actually think Burger might be able to crank out a decent game... if not for every interview I've read making xim sound batshit insane and still seethingly spiteful about basically everything in xis career. This just strikes me as par for course.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
It's called a sad attempt to ride on someone else's coattails. It's too bad, I actually think Burger might be able to crank out a decent game... if not for every interview I've read making xim sound batshit insane and still seethingly spiteful about basically everything in xis career. This just strikes me as par for course.
Are you xure?!

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Are you xure?!

Can't quite bring myself to call it a her, seemed rude to call it a him. ;)

Shevek

Arcane
I hope she can pull it off. I would love to see the old school revival market really reach into increasingly niche territory.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom