Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Rebecca Heineman's Dragons of the Rip (formerly Dragon Wars 2)

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
3/4 perspective, or hybrid.

No pledge.

Otherwise, might pledge. Though I have a nagging suspicion this will either fail on KS or go full vaporware.

Each world have complete different genre in it

As Infinitron suggested in a PM, she must've meant different settings (fantasy, sci-fi, or w/e), not different genres (the genre is RPG, duh).

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Yep, she meant settings by saying "genre."

Edited it to avoid confusion.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like that part about the game deciding which PC will chime in with which dialogue. Personality systems always fascinate me.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
3/4 perspective? Is that like an SNES JRPG-type perspective? You know Becky's kind of an anime fan.

Three different settings in a fancy 3D Unreal engine game seems pretty crazy.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
- "You start off with one world. Once you defeat the bad guy of the world, you think the game is over, but in reality the game has just began. Because you've now open up a rip which takes you to nexus where you will find other rips to other worlds."

Well, now I know where they got their name. However, it's still pretty dumb. They could accomplish the same thing with:
"Dragons of the Gash" or "Dragons of the Slit"
or make it a blockbuster with "Dragons of the Cleve"

* ok, all kidding aside, wouldn't "Dragons of the Rend" sound a little more mysterious/professional?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like that part about the game deciding which PC will chime in with which dialogue. Personality systems always fascinate me.
I hope it wont be like the "dialogue" in that parody blobber game.
Frayed Knights, I think you're thinking of? I wanted to try the demo but couldn't get past the white guy with dreads. Was it the writing itself or the format of the dialogue that you disliked? Just wondering, from screenshots it looks like it shoved commentary in your face all the time just for comedy.

ok, all kidding aside, wouldn't "Dragons of the Rend" sound a little more mysterious/professional?
I thought "Dragons of the Rifts" would sound suitably majestic, but I guess there might be trademark issues with that P&P game? How about "Dimension Dragons"? Anyway, I agree that "of the Rip" sounds silly as hell and I thought so the instant I first saw that title. There's something about "of the Rend" that still sounds weird, but it's definitely better.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
"Dragons of the Rip" gives me that "Deathfire" feel.

How about "Dragons of the Rift" at least? That "Rip" part sounds pretty bad.

edit: ninjaed by Zombra

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I like how UE4 going free stuck a fork into Unity.

Of course I used to dislike the Unreal engine, then I saw the alternative. Lesser of two bads here.

Luzur

Good Sir
I hope it wont be like the "dialogue" in that parody blobber game.
Frayed Knights, I think you're thinking of? I wanted to try the demo but couldn't get past the white guy with dreads. Was it the writing itself or the format of the dialogue that you disliked? Just wondering, from screenshots it looks like it shoved commentary in your face all the time just for comedy.

Mostly the kinda meta-comedy blabbering about everything "ok, i get it, you make fun of blobber games, now shut up"

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
ok, all kidding aside, wouldn't "Dragons of the Rend" sound a little more mysterious/professional?
I thought "Dragons of the Rifts" would sound suitably majestic, but I guess there might be trademark issues with that P&P game? How about "Dimension Dragons"? Anyway, I agree that "of the Rip" sounds silly as hell and I thought so the instant I first saw that title. There's something about "of the Rend" that still sounds weird, but it's definitely better.
Nah, Rift has been done quite a bit. Also Rend kind of implies the same ting, but dragons rend as well. Fuck, why am I bothering? It needs to be Rip.

Dorateen

Arcane
I can't help but see Dragons of the

wwe-undertaker-rest-in-peace.jpg

Shevek

Arcane
You start off with one world. Once you defeat the bad guy of the world, you think the game is over, but in reality the game has just began. Because you've now open up a rip which takes you to nexus where you will find other rips to other worlds."
- Each world will be very different and will be written by different authors.
- They will add more worlds if they meet stretch goals.
Sounds really linear. Even if its hub based, kinda hard to see how actions in one world will have and c&c in another. I like the two cameras thing. Kinda like Star Trail.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dragons of the Rip sounds fine to me.

If this game fails to attract interest, I'm pretty sure it won't be because of that name.

(and it sounds a lot better than the super generic Dragon Wars tbh)

Shevek

Arcane
Didnt they say it would have c&c? I read it somewhere in this thread.

Edit:
Hmm, might have been someone commenting on how DW had c&c

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Oh, it was supposed to be seen...

https://www.facebook.com/burgerbecky/posts/10153024338062637

I saw the Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter video and have to ask myself, "Why did the kid keep doing a shout out to our company Olde Sküül? Yes, it's pronounced "Old School". While I was not asked to work on Bard's Tale IV, we're making Dragons of the Rip, from the ACTUAL PEOPLE who made The Bard's Tale III: Thief of Fate, Dragon Wars and Myth III: The Wolf Age. May I invite you to like the official page for our new game, Dragons of the Rip!

— with Jennell Jaquays, Seth Sternberger, Trevor Snowden, Tom Smit, Rusel DeMaria, Michelle Sternberger, Maurine Starkey, Kurt Heiden, Susan Halbleib Manley, Caspian Priebe.

Not to mention that the designer of Dark Tower and Caverns of Thracia (two venerated classic adventures for the original Dungeons & Dragons table top RPG) and artists from the classic D&D Gold Box CRPGs involved!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom